Vice President, Practice Leader – Executive Search, Central Region – Optimum Talent Inc.
Optimum Talent enables organizations to achieve success through people. We collaborate with leading organizations to recruit, develop, engage, retain, and transition talent. The result for our clients is a stronger employer brand, and a team with the capability to achieve their business goals.
In November 2020, Optimum Talent joined the Gallagher team in Canada. Gallagher’s Benefits & HR Consulting team in Canada helps employers of all sizes, across all industries, build workplaces that work better. Gallagher’s comprehensive approach to benefits, compensation, retirement, employee communication and workplace culture, Gallagher Better Works℠, aligns an organization’s talent strategy with its overall business goals. It centers on strategically investing in employees’ health, talent, financial wellbeing and career growth at the right cost structures to support a multigenerational workforce. Employers gain confidence in their future having gained a competitive advantage as a workplace that simply works better. Visit https://www.ajg.com/ca/ to learn more. Optimum Talent’s strategic intent is highlighted below:
Vision: To create a better world through better workplaces
Mission: Working as a team to provide the best talent management experience in Canada
Core Values: Elevate Others; Make a Difference; Go Above & Beyond; Be Awesome
Optimum Talent is recruiting a Vice-President Practice Leader for the Ontario Region. The successful Vice-President will understand that finding the right talent for our client organizations is an intricate process that requires intimate understanding of our clients’ goals, strategy, and culture. They must have the passion, experience and maturity to build our retained search practice in Ontario and to lead our regional search experts as they serve our current and prospective clients on executive, mid-management and board search assignments. You can learn more about Optimum Talent here: https://optimumtalent.com/
|Job Title:||Vice-President, Practice Leader – Executive Search, Central Region|
|Reports to:||Matrix – President, Central Region; and National Practice Leader – Search|
|Direct Reports:||6 current Search team members…2 more coming|
The Vice President, Practice Leader will report to the President, Central Region and will contribute their significant recruitment skills, business knowledge and leadership experience towards building our Ontario Region Search practice. Methodology, internal processes, national practice development, training, marketing assets among other items are established by the Search National Practice leader, collaboratively with the Search Practice Leaders in our regional markets. The Ontario Region search team’s performance is measured first through excellent search project candidate and client experiences. Exceptional candidate and client experiences as the foundation, the team’s performance is then measured through increased market penetration and profitable revenue growth. As Practice leader, it is expected that you will draw upon your extensive network, executive level business acumen, servant leadership approach and effective interpersonal skills, to build and lead a high performing team that will realize great results!
- Contribute to strategically position the Search practice in the Ontario market, firstly, based on the challenges, opportunities & threats observed in the external environment and, secondly, the strengths and weaknesses of the team. This strategic thinking and its mode of operation must be updated throughout the year, ideally on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate review, redefinition and update of services, tools, and products of the practice in order to maintain optimization and efficiency
- Work in collaboration with the Search National Practice Lead, peer practice leaders in the Ontario Region (Career Transition, Leadership Assessment and Development) and Regional President to shape market strategy and lead its execution
- Elevate business development activities and build relationships with key existing and potential Firm clients
- Establish strategic business relationships with Board Directors and executive leaders of organizations in the Ontario region
- Contribute to the overall growth of the Ontario business by leading and developing sales and marketing strategies in order to meet the growth and profit objectives of the Search business line as well as cross-selling other services
- Maintain existing corporate clients and develop new corporate clients through periodic meetings, service presentations and invitations to social as well as professional events
- Draft or oversee proposal development, review and approve them for presentation to clients
- Lead the creation of annual budgets, sales forecasts, and the Regional practice marketing plan
- Participate in the company’s growth by attending social events, conferences, associations, etc.
- Actively participate in promoting and growing the Optimum Talent business as a whole
Administration & Management
- Oversee the quality of service, candidates and reports presented to clients
- Advise team members and clients on complex business matters
- Lead and manage independent, effective senior professionals to achieve the mandate of the Ontario Search practice
- Participate in the overall performance assessment of Search team members and ensure their continued professional development and practice contribution
- Manage the billing process and ensure the collection of overdue accounts for the Search service line
- Facilitate practice and cross-practice discussion groups and internal networking
- Ensure the satisfaction of search candidates and as well as corporate clients in relation to the work of and results achieved by Ontario Search team members
- Work closely with other consultants and leaders across Optimum Talent
- Join a flexible, talent rich organization positioned for significant growth
- To thrive in an entrepreneurial culture that rewards initiative and results
- To serve in an organization that not only supports your giving back to the community but models and respects it
- To join a collegial and supportive work environment characterized by integrity and respect
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Nurture and build a cohesive, high-performing Ontario region Search team
- Contribute to the development, improvement, and profitable growth of our firm
- Market and generate new business for our firm by networking in industry, leveraging and broadening your contacts, and building awareness of the Optimum Talent brand and service capabilities
- Provide exceptional value to our clients through effective and efficient leadership to execution of our clients’ projects. Ensure our team is focused on excellence in full cycle delivery including front line leadership with client concerns and deliverables.
- Integrate effectively into the Optimum Talent culture
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A relevant University or College degree
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in the Business Development and delivery of Talent Management experience
Competencies and Attributes
- Recognized as an experienced Search leader highly capable of managing significant and complex projects
- Have the capacity to manage and mobilize diverse professional resources in view of reaching high quality standards while shaping a safe, inclusive work environment
- Demonstrate good business judgment in the leadership of a professional services firm
- Have an excellent knowledge of the Ontario market and of the business network as it pertains to Search services
- Lead and role model business development and, in this regard, demonstrate excellent skills in developing contact networks, identify business opportunities and develop as well as maintain strong relationships with clients
- Exhibit a significant ability in solving difficult issues with clients and employees under his/her responsibility
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and respect towards the organization, its employees, and clients
- Have a positive attitude, a high level of motivation and passion for the value Search services provide to clients
- Bias for action yet exhibit excellent listening skills, demonstrate empathy, patience and tact
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AXHA-882516 Vice President, Practice Leader – Executive Search, Central Region – Optimum Talent Inc. - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.