Vice President, People & Culture – ONE Properties
ONE Properties is committed to the business of real estate, with emphasis on the acquisition, leasing, management, development and sale of quality commercial and retail properties in Canada and the United States. From small asset management to large scale, mixed-use commercial and residential properties, every square foot of space our client has built, has reinforced its reputation for excellence.
ONE Properties is made up of experienced professionals with a depth of knowledge and an accomplished track record. They respect that each real estate sector and tenant is different, which is why every member of their project teams are hand-picked based on specific competencies required for the task at hand. Each one of our client’s management team is a specialist in their area, possessing a breadth of experience, knowledge and acumen in the retail, residential, commercial property and the construction sectors.
ONE Properties has a significant presence in the Edmonton and Calgary marketplace. In addition, in the past several years, ONE Properties has substantially increased its presence in the GTA market to respond to the preferences of some of its major investors and partners to reduce the company’s dependency on the Western Canadian markets.
Enriching a community and ensuring that they develop in a sustainable and responsible way is a signature of ONE Properties. Environmental management is an integral part of ONE Properties plan, with its goal to minimize any impact that may cause, treat their surroundings with foresight and respect, and constantly seek out new ways to enhance their environmental practices.
For more information, please visit: www.oneproperties.com
Job Title: Vice President, People & Culture
Reports to: President & Chief Executive Officer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Vice President, People & Culture (“VP, People & Culture”) provides strategic leadership in planning, evaluating, and implementing ONE Properties’(“ONE”) human resources initiatives, processes, policies and procedures. The VP, People & Culture will be charged with creating a comprehensive people strategy that links to the overall strategy of the organization. As a trusted member of the executive team, the VP, People & Culture will be a key contributor to the development and execution of the ONE’s strategic plan and trusted partner to all members of the executive team.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the executive team to develop strategic priorities.
- Bring strong business and human resources acumen to ensure that ONE’s people strategy is in alignment with, and directly supportive of, organizational strategy.
- Contribute as part of the executive team in developing and implementing overall strategic plans.
- Accountable for the delivery of strategic corporate communications programs.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of HR best practices and thought leadership relating to:
- Talent Management including assessment, high potential management, leadership development and succession planning
- Total Rewards & Compensation Strategy
- Learning & Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Diversity & Equity
- Organizational Development
- Proactively anticipate outcomes and their impact on the organization; ensure necessary HR & communication initiatives are in place to enable organizational success.
- Continue to reinforce the importance of HR & Corporate Communications as key to fostering our desired culture and achieving our target results.
- Develop strong internal relationships with the senior executive leadership team and be a trusted advisor with respect to people and strategy issues.
- Collaborate with other members of the executive team to foster the desired ONE culture, consistently working to reinforce that culture across the organization.
- Maintain and build upon ONE’s brand and image both internally and externally, enhancing ONE’s desirable employer brand.
HR Technical Knowledge:
- Familiarity with designing and implementing complex compensation structures.
- Advise the organization on HR priorities and related policies in the context of ONE priorities and emerging industry standards.
- Enhance and strengthen our employee recruitment and retention strategy/program (including compensation strategy and structure) in alignment with and supporting strategic/business needs.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build strong relationships with the senior leadership team, along with internal and external stakeholders.
- Continue building ONE’s talent brand across all markets in which they operate.
- Build out a formalized performance management program.
- Build a team of HR professionals that reflect the same beliefs and value system expressed in ONE’s strategic vision for the future.
- Champion HR agility, service evolution and brand development in the marketplace.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Business or equivalent degree in Human Resources.
- CPHR designation or equivalent demonstrable industry experience.
- Minimum of 12-15 years relevant Human Resources generalist experience with at least 5 years in a senior HR-leadership capacity.
- Experience writing a broad range of employee policies.
- Familiarity with both Alberta and Ontario HR legislation.
- Experience having successfully managed HR requirements in a growing organization.
- Experience and demonstrated competency in compensation design, structure and administration, including experience with job evaluation.
- Experience building effective performance management programs.
Competencies and Attributes
- Desires and embodies an open and direct communication approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a particular emphasis on leadership and relationship building.
- Past exposure to building a HR function from the ground up.
- Driven and high-performing thought-leader within HR.
- Superior business acumen and strategic orientation.
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Strength of character and presence with the ability to gain the respect of and influence both the executive leadership team and employees at large.
- Ability to effectively manage and support a team by encouraging and promoting a culture of collaboration, transparency and openness while building positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Can evaluate and identify gaps in human resource programs and practices.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, Optimum Talent requires your consent to provide you with information via email that is relevant to you. This may include electronic communications regarding job opportunities that you are pursuing. Please click the following link in order to access and complete our online subscription form on the homepage of our website: http://www.optimumtalent.com/
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AVRT-210321 Vice President, People & Culture – ONE Properties - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.