Vice President, Operations – Ironline Compression
With over 75 years’ experience in the Canadian energy sector, Ironline Compression (“Ironline”) is the leading independent provider of gas compression solutions to the Canadian energy industry. Ironline wants to be your competitive advantage in the Canadian gas compression industry. Ironline has compression solutions to support your business. With a commitment to doing it right the first time, our services can be aligned to meet the individual requirements of your business, no matter how complex or challenging. Looking to the future, we see Ironline as well positioned. Our capabilities are built upon the strength of our people’s experience and expertise; supported by world-class OEM products; and the availability of a large gas compression fleet for your business needs. Our vision is to provide you with unmatched customer service. Driven by our operating principles to earn your trust; who we are, what we value, and how we do things, sets us apart.
For more information, please visit https://www.ironline.com/.
|Job Title:||Vice President, Operations|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Direct Reports:||4 (Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Human Resources)|
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Operations (“VP, Operations”) provides strategic and tactical direction to Ironline’s 5 locations in line with Ironline’s vision, values, strategic plan, and financial objectives. The Vice President, Operations will also provide senior leadership to the finance / accounting, supply chain, IT and HR / payroll functions. The incumbent will be responsible for leading financial and business planning across the company and will be a leader of business process improvement. They will collaborate with the department leaders and ensure projects and strategic plans are acted on while driving efficiency and cost reduction. The VP, Operations will be responsible for ensuring operational effectiveness, contributing to the development of all operational personnel and leading the implementation of new and improved processes, systems and technology. The VP, Operations is responsible for implementing and supporting a culture of positive execution and process discipline to ensure activities support a safe, efficient and productive atmosphere.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
Corporate Management and Leadership:
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and senior leaders within the organization on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating strong relationships and rapport with stakeholders at all levels;
- Assisting in performing all tasks necessary to achieve Ironline’s mission and help execute growth plans;
- Help implement operational best practices, lean initiatives, process improvements, enabling technology solutions across business units; and
- Participating in developing new business, specifically assist the CEO and other senior leaders in identifying & evaluating new growth opportunities (organic or through acquisition) including the drafting of new business budgets and plans.
- Identify systems and processes that can be implemented to achieve efficiencies and improve the daily operations of the business; including maintain quality operational and service delivery;
- Drive continuous improvement in processes across the organization;
- Develop new tools and solutions to increase efficiency and client satisfaction;
- Maintain and enhance client satisfaction by ensuring the highest quality services are provided to clients, owners and end users;
- Ensure that projects are effectively and efficiently managed;
- Drive a culture focused on operational and project execution excellence;
- Provide the opportunity for the team to take responsibility for the organization’s goals; and
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of all critical processes.
Culture and People Leadership:
- Provide leadership and direction by engaging and empowering a dedicated team that is focused on safety, strong client service attitude, accountability and continuous improvement;
- Ensure the team is informed and aligned in achieving the operational, business development and financial performance goals;
- Create a culture of effective communication;
- Interface with leadership peers from other business units and shared services to ensure all company resources are being maximized;
- Foster a success-orientated, accountable environment within Ironline; and
- Consistently display, practice and encourage integrity and corporate core values.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Leadership of project to analyze and optimize parts process flow, invoicing process and tech scheduling processes to ultimately simplify and automate as much as possible and drive cost savings, improved customer service and scalability of the branches;
- Implement smart pricing processes to optimize margins while growing sales;
- Develop technology enabled solutions for invoice and job tracking for technicians and customers;
- Leadership of vendor spend management optimization, finding opportunities to drive cost efficiencies by negotiating better agreements with suppliers, consolidating spend and eliminating non-essential spend;
- Drive improved inventory management processes to increase inventory turns while maintaining appropriate fill rates and monetizing excess inventory;
- Implementation of quote tracking system to identify gaps leading to lost quotes and drive operational changes to fix them (e.g. pricing, fill rates, availability of technicians, expertise in a particular domain, etc.); and
- Implement processes to reduce non-billable overtime and unallocated labor costs.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Ironline Compression and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possesses the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
Education and Experience:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or a related discipline;
- MBA or professional designation would be considered an asset;
- 10-15 years of professional management experience;
- Track record of successfully developing and improving processes within a growing industrial service-based business;
- Prior experience working for a Private Equity owned business would be considered an asset;
- Implemented successful process standardization procedures;
- Experience leading continuous technological improvements which have assisted in driving increases in sales performance, revenue and EBITDA growth;
- A strong leader with an ability to motivate, retain and recruit, challenge and deploy a strong performing team; and
- Demonstrate a command of the Oil and Gas Industry / business, industry trends and primary performance
Competencies and Attributes:
- Highly intelligent, innovative and seasoned operational executive with exceptional technical skills, coupled with an open and participatory management style;
- High degree of emotional intelligence with a people first mentality;
- Strategic thinker with strong financial and business acumen;
- People and customer centric leader with an entrepreneurial approach;
- Demonstrated experience of growing and improving stakeholder value through strategic and commercial initiatives;
- Demonstrated track record of using operational analysis to help the broader organization improve business performance and profitability. A true business partner who can share strong analytical, quantitative and conceptual insights to assist in achieving our client’s growth objectives;
- Persuasive and understands how to engage and lead others through inspiring advancement and change;
- Carries out tasks with a sense of urgency; and
- Customer driven mentality and constantly pursuing excellence.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AXIX-778135 Vice President, Operations – Ironline Compression - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.