Vice President of Sales and Business Development – Portfolio+ Inc.
Portfolio+ Inc. connects financial institutions with customers and partners using innovative technologies. Its software solutions and open banking technology are used by financial institutions in Canada, Ireland, and the UK. With its powerful +Open Banking Platform and fully documented APIs, Portfolio+ has the power to connect banks, credit unions, and financial institutions with an evolving ecosystem of financial services technology that is putting everyday customers in control of their financial data.
In addition to its software solutions, Portfolio+ provides Training, Consulting, Managed Services and Business Support.
Located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Portfolio+ is used by 6 of the 7 largest financial institutions in Canada and is a part of Volaris Group Inc.
About Volaris Group
Volaris acquires, strengthens and grows vertical market technology companies. As an operating group of Constellation Software Inc., Volaris is all about strengthening businesses within the markets they compete and enabling them to grow – whether that growth comes through organic measures such as new initiatives and product development, day-to-day business, or through complementary acquisitions. Learn more at www.volarisgroup.com.
Portfolio+ envisions an open banking ecosystem for data-driven, personalized banking and financial services. We leverage advanced fintech, a secure API and a proven core banking platform to drive an open banking movement.
Job Title: Vice President of Sales and Business Development
Reports to:Chief Operating Officer
As the Vice President of Sales and Business Development; you are responsible for developing the sales strategies by applying knowledge based on market direction, product packaging, and client strategy. This role is responsible for building strategic value for our clients by creation of client development plans and individual goals that align with company strategy and direction. Your focus is on value creation, retention and revenue!
- Develop and lead all aspects of the sales strategy, methodology, budget, and implementation plan for Portfolio+ Inc., ensuring alignment to the business objectives
- Grow and manage the sales pipeline and opportunities
- Self-manage and lead by example to ensure all sales objectives are met
- Ensure effective management of all accounts, opportunities, activities, tasks, contacts, leads etc. in the corporate CRM solution
- Develop a deep understanding of the upcoming market opportunities that align to the sales strategy
- Keeping a close eye on the sales activities of competitors and utilizing ideas where appropriate
- Developing and executing a strategic plan to achieve annual sales targets and expand our customer base/footprint that drive the achievement of booking requirements and pipeline targets
- Development and execution of Account Plans which will drive the creation of Engagement Planning prior to customer visits
- Gain customer & market insights that help to ensure our Product Roadmap is aligned to customer needs
- Effectively communicate value propositions through proposals and presentations
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Building & presenting deal closure plans to drive the closure of deals when forecasted
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers and ensuring commerciality
- Providing accurate monthly and quarterly forecasted commitments
- Collaborate with all internal departments on product and service opportunities in the market place
- Actively contribute to the development of the marketing strategy and supporting the marketing team through the provision of market insights
- Speaking at conferences and events about the company’s products and services
- Talent attraction, development and management across the sales function as the need to grow the Sales team is required
FIRST YEAR DELIBERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build Strategic Sales Process
- Support Sales Team & Integrate Best Practices
- Strategically Grow Sales Team
- Expand Pipeline to position Portfolio+ for Exponential Growth
- Close 2 new opportunities
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in a business development and/or relationship management role within the financial services/FINTECH industry
- Strong business and financial acumen; effective at selling to the Executive level
- Strong negotiation skills; high level of leadership influence
- Ability to effectively present a solution to the client at all levels to demonstrate business impact and return on investment
- Critical thinker: ability to distinguishing facts from fiction, extracting the relevant information and drawing conclusions appropriate to the facts
- Ability to exercise Good Judgement: ability to weigh and evaluate evidence in order to decide on the best course of action. Comfortable and confident in final decision and any potential trade offs
- Effective planning and objective-setting skills along with self-control and drive to ensure completion of plans and tasks
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative friendly manner that encourages others to collaborate
- Work in high pressure situations while maintaining a positive attitude and zeal even in challenging situations
- Self-motivated and self-aware – recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AIGV-211843 Vice President of Sales and Business Development – Portfolio+ Inc. - ON-Stouffville (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.