Vice President of Operations – Giraffe Foods
Giraffe Foods is a rapidly growing, family owned, leading Canadian manufacturer of private label sauces, dips, dressings, mayonnaise, and other similar food products. The company custom develops and manufactures products for foodservice, retail and industrial customers throughout the United States, Canada and around the globe. Tremendous year over year growth has prompted the need to expand operations and initiate the mandate to identify with a VP of Operations. More extensive information on the company can be found at www.giraffefoods.com.
Job Title: Vice President of Operations
Reports to: Ownership
Direct Reports: 5 Direct Reports in Production/Processing, Quality, Maintenance, CI and Supply Chain
Location: Head Office, Mississauga, Ontario
As the leader of the operations team, the Vice President of Operations will assume a critical role in strengthening manufacturing operations and enhancing the company’s supply position. They will serve in a leadership capacity with full accountability for manufacturing, quality, continuous improvement, and supply chain development, as well as assisting with budget, capital and cost targets. They will have primary day-to-day responsibility for directing and managing all areas of manufacturing, operational strategic planning, meeting quality standards, enhancing the supply chain infrastructure, and improving upon SOPs and KPIs across all aspects of the enterprise. Ideal candidates will have exceptional leadership, communication, analytical, writing, communication, organizational, and modeling skills. They will also need to be creative, to think “outside-the-box”, innovate and have an ability to turn innovation into practical action and lasting change across the organization.
Given the impressive growth experienced over the last four years, it is expected that that the successful candidate will exhibit the ability and ambition to evolve with the business and play an integral part in helping to map out plans for expansion, positioning and growth going forward.
- Direct and manages all aspects of the Operations, Quality, and Supply Chain departments
- Demonstrate excellent motivational leadership skills and fosters a collaborative team environment that inspires both the Operations and Supply Chain departments
- Establish procedures which optimize the efficiency of the manufacturing and supply chain departments and allow the departments to function at the highest level of productivity
- This will include but not be limited to, formalizing maintenance practices with a key focus on understanding uptime and preventative maintenance protocols; reviewing and determining production and processing targets and KPI’s; assessing CI directives and ascertaining proper introduction and utilization of lean or other optimization practices; maintaining and improving quality practices pertaining to customer, food safety and industry standards
- Manage budget and spend for operations and supply chain departments
- Ensure supply chain strategy, practices, and initiatives are aligned with the company’s business objectives and are supporting the company’s growth strategy
- Evaluate, improve, and establish SOPs and KPIs that remain consistent with best practices
- Implement and monitor performance measurement and reporting to ensure continued supplier compliance with SQF standards
- Build the right teams and drive change to accomplish these objectives
- Responsible for product compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements as well as ensuring compliance with Corporate, Health, Safety, Sanitation, Quality and other regulations
- Work Safety – Ensures that all tasks and functions of position are performed in a safe manner at all times and that all procedures and requirements are properly followed to accomplish assigned tasks
- Food Safety/Quality – Responsible for food safety and quality as well as reporting food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or formalized education background in Engineering or Business coupled with requisite experience in progressively senior roles
- Post graduate education is considered an asset
- Minimum of 15 years of operations experience in a food manufacturing with a strong preference towards related industry experience
- Exceptional and proven leadership qualities with a track record of building teams through a collaborative and collective approach to reaching business goals
Competencies and Attributes
- Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology, equipment, food safety, organizational development/management, finance and employee relations
- Understanding of demand planning, distribution and warehouse management, logistics and transportation and purchasing
- Sound and practical commercial acumen – able to comprehend the links and interactions of operations to all aspects of the business
- Continuous improvement/LEAN/Six Sigma experience preferred
- Full working knowledge of procurement systems, device management, and ability to lead implementation of ERP systems
- Combined ability to both delve into and understand the details while maintaining a long-term view on the overall direction and success of the operation
12 MONTH MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Have established positioning and credibility with key stakeholders and integrated successfully with reporting lines and the senior leadership team
- Assessed capabilities of direct reports and initiated development plans or made recommendations to augment the team accordingly
- Conducted analysis of current KPI’s in all key areas of production and either enhanced or improved accordingly
- Initiated steps to lead formalization of maintenance protocols with an eye on maximizing machine efficiency and uptime
- Worked with quality and supply chain leaders to augment practices and optimize performance in respective functional areas
- Established tenets and activities relating to a “team” approach that is built on collaboration and cooperation between all functions
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AKES-235326 Vice President of Operations – Giraffe Foods - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.