Vice President, Marketing | BOUCLAIR
Bouclair – proudly Canadian!
Bouclair Inc. is a Canadian privately owned company created in 1970. Based in Montreal, Bouclair is a lifestyle brand with a unique offering of in-house designed home fashion décor and furniture. Their 1000 + employees are all committed to deliver on their promise to inspire their customers thanks to fashionable and affordable products, exceptional shopping experiences and aspirational environments in their 55 stores across Canada and online.
Bouclair offers a stimulating environment where their people are engaged and empowered to do meaningful work with like-minded colleagues that want to make a difference. The Company has embraced a digital first, remote work model that includes work from anywhere. They are investing in people, systems, tools and products because they care about doing things right, better, and faster. Bouclair welcomes anyone that has this same drive and that wants to help their people win.
Pursuing an audacious growth strategy, the team is now ready to hire a new talent to head its marketing department at its Corporate Office located in Pointe-Claire.
Vice President, Marketing
The newly created position of Vice President, Marketing is a critical role within Bouclair and is a key contributor to a high performing, productive and collaborative team. The ideal candidate must have a passion for inspiring and developing others to achieve success and profitable growth.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Marketing masters traditional and digital marketing and supports the leadership team and the CEO in strategic thinking and brand management. With his/her team, he/she will also contribute to the execution of growth strategy. This individual will be responsible for strengthening the marketing function, and for consolidating all the activities that are currently divided among various members of the management team. The future incumbent will practice motivational leadership to implement or enhance procedures that will improve the efficiency and accuracy of Bouclair’s effectiveness of all operations and current needs based on new technology and market competition.
Among the challenges offered by the position, there is the strong need to develop an integrated plan for strategic and digital transformation of the company. This challenge will require upgrading systems and developing new IT applications to optimize and support scalability of operations, in order to execute successfully the growth strategy in e-commerce. Another challenge will be to invest in people to attract more skills and experienced employees to carry out numerous transformation projects, run new systems and conduct more thorough data analysis.
- Oversee the annual marketing plan, strategy and team with more leadership focus on e-commerce business in consultation with the CEO and other members of the executive management team.
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counter strategies.
- Quickly acquire a solid understanding of the company and the different markets in which it operates throughout Canada.
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short – and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Implement campaign strategies that meet business objectives, drive sales and generate leads.
- Analyze and assess the effectiveness of all existing operations and current needs based on new technology and market competition.
- Work with the Business Units to improve, develop and advocate new promotional opportunities for the company’s products and services.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations related to the performance marketing of the Web site.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing/Commerce or Business administration;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a similar role with a level of complexity in business planning, e-commerce strategy development and models and retail services industry (Digitally Native Vertical Brand (DNVB), trends, competitors, distribution channels, customer base, promotion, and products);
- Substantial experience in an organization with revenues between $300M and $600M;
- Worked with an enterprise serving primarily the Canadian market (important asset);
- Strong track record in team management and team development and the ability to roll up their sleeves and get involved with their team in day-to-day operations (“hands-on” approach);
- Expertise in variance analysis vs budget for sales / costs / administrative expenses;
- Knowledge experience in the retail industry an important asset;
- Demonstrated achievements to have integrated projects in accounting systems, customer relationship management systems, and Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP);
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong business acumen;
- Analytical and operational mind, able to review and optimize existing tools and processes with the support of their teams;
- Thrives in a rapid-growth organic and nimble environment;
- Autonomous person with an “Agile Mindset” who stands out for their innovate, dynamic, and creative spirit;
- Humble, respectful and unifier, excellent communicator, team player, eager to understand the business as well as the stakes of the owner;
- Perfect command of English and French, both spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ADJK-676627 Vice President, Marketing | BOUCLAIR - QC - Montréal (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.