Vice President, Marketing and Product Strategy – PRIMED Medical Products Inc.
PRIMED Medical Products Inc. (“PRIMED”) is a dynamic, global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality medical personal protective apparel. Headquartered in Edmonton, PRIMED employs more than 1000 colleagues internationally and operates four wholly owned manufacturing facilities in Asia (China and Laos), with a new Canadian manufacturing facility coming this fall to Cambridge, Ontario.
PRIMED is proud to be supporting global healthcare workers during such a critical time as they act on their mission to protect people from harmful substances and infectious disease.
PRIMED is an ISO 13485:2016 registered company and recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2017, 2018, 2019).
Mission: To Protect People from Harmful Substances and Infectious Diseases.
Core Values: Collaboration, Respect, Agility, Fearlessness, Trust
PRIMED teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Their culture is collective, they motivate each other and trust each other.
PRIMED has fun! As a team member of PRIMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
For more information on PRIMED, please visit: https://www.primed.ca/
|Job Title:||Vice President, Marketing & Product Strategy|
|Reports to:||Executive Vice President|
|8 (2 Senior Product Managers; Product Manager; Marketing Specialist; Senior Visual Communications Specialist, 2 Visual Communication Specialists, Manager Brand & Engagement|
The Vice President, Marketing & Product Strategy (“VPMPS”) is responsible for the overall corporate product and market strategies, with the end goal of increasing profitability, driving customer value and growing PRIMED’s brand equity. This role will develop and oversee the strategic direction of the Product Management Team and the Brand and Engagement Team.
The VPMPS reports directly to the Executive Vice President and collaborates with all key departments and teams within the organization (i.e. sales, operations, finance, product development, quality & regulatory teams). The successful candidate will offer mentorship to their team to drive a customer focused culture.
Overall, this role leads the evaluation, development, and implementation of strategic market growth initiatives. As the leader of the team responsible for the plans to grow within existing and new markets, the VPMPS must ensure alignment throughout the organization to execute on plans, and ensure they are on the cutting edge of the competitive marketplace, emerging technologies, new products, business models, and services.
The Vice President, Marketing & Product Strategy is a member of the executive leadership team and is defined as a fiduciary of the company. As an executive leader, the VPMPS will be expected to contribute significantly to the corporate strategy and executive decision-making process.
- As a highly engaged and energetic leader, the VPMPS will demonstrate leadership in accountability and mentorship within PRIMED. By setting goals, KPIs, and managing progress, the VPMPS will be a team builder that demonstrates PRIMED’s core values;
- The VPMPS is a brand ambassador for the organization to promote PRIMED’s value proposition and will build and maintain excellent relationships with external stakeholders including clients, suppliers, end users, government and professional agencies;
- The VPMPS will be responsible for the structure of the group and will be tasked to optimize existing and define new strategic products and services for the company; and
- Recruitment, training, management and retention of employees will be a key responsibility.
Leader of Marketing and Product Strategy
The VPMPS is a strategic marketer that builds on the brand, product, services, and value propositions that PRIMED offers while guiding product development, sales strategy and go to market initiatives with cross-functional teams. The VPMPS is responsible for all corporate marketing and the entire product portfolio including the overall product category and marketing strategy.
- Lead the Product Team, including all strategic product plans;
- Lead the Brand & Engagement team, including all corporate marketing strategies and initiatives;
- Lead the brand identity, strategy and market opportunity;
- Own overall corporate communications to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead product and market strategic growth initiatives and support in the execution of overall corporate growth plans;
- Create value proposition and customer focused solutions through strong communication and execution of strategic plans;
- Demonstrate understanding of the market, assess opportunities, and inform the executive leadership team on future investments which will ensure PRIMED remains a leader within the industry;
- Create and deploy a multi-year market development strategy, in alignment with the corporate strategic plan, and oversee creation of corresponding action plans;
- Foster a high performing environment that encourages retention of skilled talent though an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset; and
- Ensure resources are effectively allocated to meet the strategic plan and PRIMED’s financial and non- financial objectives.
Quality Management System and Continuous Improvement
As a member of the Executive Leadership team, the role will be a key contributor to ongoing efforts for improvement initiatives and building a continuous improvement culture. PRIMED is committed to the Quality Management System (QMS) and the VPMPS must show leadership to the QMS through adherence and commitment to all aspects including processes, work instructions, forms, and internal or external audits.
- Collaborate closely with the Directory of Quality & Regulatory Affairs to ensure that QMS related aspects related to Divisional activities are met and meet current international standards (e.g. ISO 13485:2016).
The VPMPS will collaborate and review the operating budget for each department within their team and is ultimately responsible for the group summary. The role will require collaboration between the teams to ensure that resources are budgeted appropriately, and expenses optimized to meet the departmental and corporate goals:
- Work with the key team contributors and Director, Finance to review monthly department statements to enhance knowledge, drive accountability, create efficiencies, and develop plans to meet budget goals; and
- Create team budget and integrate into the corporate budget planning process.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Cultivate trust and respect within the organization, with a critical focus building exceptional relationships with the executive leadership team;
- Define and gain consensus at the executive leadership team for a revised strategy to capitalize on the market insights and leverage PRIMEDs current position in the market;
- Gain and communicate critical market insights within the rapidly changing, global PPE market;
- Understand PRIMED’s business models, customers, value propositions, and products;
- Support, align, and refine existing product plans; and
- Provide strong leadership to the brand engagement team, recruiting where necessary, to support achievement of department goals in alignment with overall corporate strategy.
Given the pivotal role this individual holds in achieving the strategic objectives of PRIMED and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline;
- MBA or other advanced degree would be considered an asset; and
- Proficient with MS Office and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Business Intelligence.
- 10+ years of progressively senior product and market experience in a related industry;
- Track record of success assessing markets and creating strategic recommendations and plans to capitalize on those market insights;
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives;
- Demonstrated experience within the healthcare industry, a definite asset;
- Demonstrated success in developing and leading the execution of a clear strategic plan, program and project map;
- Experience working within a structured product development program with ability to lead product development processes and stages;
- Experience developing strategic product management including product life cycle and incremental value added characteristics;
- Experience and familiarity with the procurement cycle and previous experience supporting proposal development in response to requests for proposals/information;
- Demonstrated experience in taking decisive action with imperfect information within a demanding fast-paced workplace with very high standards; and
- Proven skills in product marketing and product life-cycle management.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Collaborative: Fosters an environment with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment with a proven track record of achievement.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Engaging presenter who can deliver seminars and presentations.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to break down complex challenges into actionable steps with clear and concise direction.
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Negotiator and Time Manager: Effectively multi-tasks, prioritizes, remains a composed under pressure, and cultivates strong internal relationships.
- Organization: Ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Strategic Leadership: Fosters the development of a common vision providing clear direction and priorities and clarifying roles and responsibilities. Sets the tone for the organizations culture and ensures succession in management and leadership. Leads a dynamic, fast paced team that prospers within the unique PRIMED culture.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting and exceeding goals and objectives and integrates planning efforts across functions.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AKKU-122523 Vice President, Marketing and Product Strategy – PRIMED Medical Products Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.