Vice President, Human Resources – WZR Development ULC
WZR Development ULC (“WZR”) is a Calgary-based, international natural resources company engaged in acquiring properties and exploring for, developing and producing crude oil and natural gas.
WZR holds an 80% working interest in the Kurdamir Production Sharing Contract (“PSC”) and a 40% working interest in the Garmian PSC with the Kurdistan Regional Government in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Independently audited resource reports estimate the blocks contain prospective resources of 1.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent.
For further information about WZR, please visit their website at www.westernzagros.com.
Job Title: Vice President, Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Travel is primarily local during the business day although some international travel will be expected, including travel to Kurdistan.
As the Vice-President Human Resources of WZR Development ULC, you will be responsible for implementing the long-term vision and developing Corporate Human Resources strategies and frameworks that link people and strategy.
You will plan, organize, direct, influence and monitor all activities that support the effective management of the company’s human resources. Responsibilities will include recruitment, training, compensation, benefits, organizational design/effectiveness and general management support. You will maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality individuals.
A key area of focus will be the recruitment of staff for overseas assignments, preparation of staff members to work in international operations, and support for in-country and operational management on human resource related matters.
The Vice President, Human Resources will identify, integrate and ensure delivery of appropriate and effective HR solutions for performance management, talent development, succession planning, leadership strategies, coaching, organizational development, change management, employee relations and policy administration.
- Lead, coach, guide and mentor the development of the HR group to ensure that strong team dynamics and capabilities exist
- Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on various files and work closely in concert with all members of the Executive Management Team (“EMT”) and with other country HR heads, when applicable
- Develop skills of the HR team by ensuring key resources are in place and identify training and personal development opportunities
- Demonstrate an ability to anticipate outcomes and the impact on HR matters and make recommendations on approach
- Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for key executives of the company
- Develop, implement, measure and monitor relevant HR performance measures
- Display characteristics of the organizational culture which include ethics, integrity, honesty, trust, team playing and collegiality
- Stay informed of global corporate and external developments in the different business areas and use this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation
- Provide strategic HR leadership to the EMT within the organization in appropriate policy development, forecasting, goal setting, employee development and organizational effectiveness
- Create company organizational development plan and strategic training to meet organizational, professional and customized needs of the company, with a particular emphasis on leadership development
- Develop long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Broad awareness of current HR practices in both Canada and internationally, and strong technical expertise in HR related areas, including:
- Recruitment and Retention
- Employee Relations
- Total Compensation
- Training and Development
- Maintain compliance with all government requirements in Canada and Kurdistan and provide guidance on all international matters
- Provide advice and coaching to senior management and the HR team in the areas of compensation, succession planning, employee recruitment, retention, terminations and training and development
- Join an organization that is positioned for growth internationally
- Play the lead role in planning, developing, directing an effective HR organization from the ground up
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a human resources department recruitment strategy
- Successfully develop and implement relevant HR policies and procedures in Canada, Kurdistan and other international locations
- Develop a workforce/recruitment strategy that will support expanding hiring initiatives in both domestic and international locations
- Develop comprehensive benefits and expat programs
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources
- CHRP designation will be considered an asset
- Experienced leader and Human Resources executive with a minimum 15 years’ industry experience, together with solid international experience within the oil and gas sector
- Experience in a fast growth environment
- Proven ability to accurately interpret complex and evolving HR situations
- Ability to successfully deal with sensitive and critical HR matters
- Proven ability to present successfully to all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business environments to implement HR practices that add value to the company
- Demonstrated knowledge of international HR laws, resources, policies and programs and issues
Competencies and Attributes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions, provide a consistently high standard of confidentiality, and exercise mature judgment on sensitive/confidential issues
- Ability to accurately interpret complex and evolving HR situations and successfully deal with sensitive and critical HR matters
- Excellent facilitator who is experienced in conflict resolution between different parties
- Maintain an open-door policy, available to discuss all HR related issues or concerns in confidence
- Establish credibility by exercising a great deal of professional tact and diplomacy
- Foster a positive, constructive and productive work environment and culture throughout the organization
- Displayed characteristics of the organizational culture which is ethics, integrity, honesty, trust, teamwork and collegiality
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications and cross-cultural skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan workloads and meet competing deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment of an international junior oil and gas company
- Demonstrated record of diligence and attention to detail working with very high standards both personally and technically
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs with innovative solutions
- Self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and energy, coupled with a strong work ethic and genuine pride in work
- Possess an understanding of the impact of different cultures and human challenges that these opportunities offer
- Ability to travel to Kurdistan and elsewhere in the world, as appropriate, to implement strategic HR initiatives
- Must have a commitment to the vision, mission and management philosophy that supports dignity and respect throughout the organization
- The following competencies are considered mandatory attributes for the successful candidate; Management Skills, Strategic Thinking, Business Acumen, Problem Solving/Analysis, Decision Making, Results Driven, Communication Proficiency, Relationship Management
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AKKW-864527 Vice President, Human Resources – WZR Development ULC - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.