Vice President, Human Resources (Bilingual) – Farm Credit Canada
In 1959 Farm Credit Canada (“FCC”) was established as a crown corporation under the Farm Credit Act and today is a self-sustaining crown corporation with a portfolio in excess of $36 billion offering a wide array of products and services to over 100,000 Canadian customers.
FCC is the only Canadian financial institution solely focused on the agriculture value chain. FCC is more than just a bank, beyond lending money, FCC offers creditor insurance, venture capital, farm management software and provides complimentary advisory services, and business management knowledge and training, mental health support and more to their valued producers, suppliers, processors, value-added operators and agri-food operators.
Headquartered out of Regina, FCC employs almost 2000 dedicated staff across 100 offices nationwide. FCC focuses on efforts that support Canadian agriculture, help their customers succeed, give back to communities across the country, create a great employee experience and reduce their environmental impact. They offer meaningful and challenging work with lots of opportunity to grow, learn and develop. Focused on success, employees are passionate about agriculture and committed to the success of their customers and the agricultural industry.
To enhance rural Canada by providing specialised and personalized business and financial services and products to farming operations, including family farms, and to those businesses in rural Canada that are related to farming.
- Act with Integrity:They are ethical and honest. They treat customers, colleagues and all stakeholders with respect.
- Focus on the Customer:They care about their customers, and pride themselves on providing them with an extraordinary experience based on personal relationships, flexibility and industry knowledge.
- Achieve Excellence:They share a commitment to high performance, accountability and efficiency in order to achieve excellence.
- Working Together:They believe in the power of teamwork. Whether delivering service tailored to customer needs or designing solutions to benefit the industry, FCC works together as one team.
- Give back to the Community: They take corporate social responsibility seriously. They believe in giving back to the communities where their customers and employees live and work, striving to reduce their impact on the environment and contributing to the success of the agriculture industry.
For more information on Farm Credit Canada, please visit https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en.html.
|Job Title:||Vice President, Human Resources|
|Reports to:||Executive Vice-President and Chief Human Resource Officer|
As a member of the Human Resource Leadership Team, the Vice President, Human Resources (“VP, HR”) will closely collaborate with the Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer (“EVP & CHRO”) and their peers to provide leadership, vision and strategic direction to the organization. With a focus on providing strategic leadership and direction to advance FCC’s Tier 0, 1 and 2 service delivery though the management, development and administration of:
1) The strategy, execution and advancement of FCC’s position as a learning organization – including design and delivery of key learning programs. The learning strategy is intended to ensure all FCC employees are equipped with the knowledge, tools to effectively carry out their roles and serve customers and employees
2) The Employee Service Centre (and related functions);
3) The Human Resource Management System (Workday) – including all employee processes and systems; and, human related data and analytics capabilities.
4) The ongoing development and management of a Workforce Management strategy, processes, and supporting programs (workforce planning; succession management)
The role creates strategies and provides leadership for integrating employee data with business and human decision making, metrics, reporting and analytics – to identify actionable insights used to drive HR investments and talent management decisions.
Provide strategic leadership and direction in the development and implementation of an organization-wide learning strategy for all FCC employees to ensure employees possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to fully perform in their roles, serve our customers, and meet the needs of emerging business requirements.
- Creates an organizational-wide learning strategy that includes professional learning, flagship programs (e.g. Credit Learning and Operations Onboarding), language learning, and developmental learning for all employees.
- Aligns the organizational-wide learning strategy with best practices that maximizes learning effectiveness, and employee development.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with senior leaders across FCC to gain content expert input and approval for employee-focused strategies and initiatives, making it easy for other HR team members to achieve results.
Employee Service Centre:
Provide strategic leadership to the development, enhancement, and management of employee service delivery through the Human Resource system (Tier 0); and the Employee Service Centre (Tier 1 and 2).
- Provide oversight in service and support for processes and policies that support the desired employee experience, effective and efficient attraction, retention, and management through leading the following:
- Tier 0 (Workday processes);
- Tier 1 (Employee Service Centre, Payroll and reporting)
- Tier 2 (Centres of Excellence: Data Analytics; Employee Policy and Benefits)
- Lead the ongoing management of all employee benefit programs including:
- Benefit programs (ongoing funding, and reserve management)
- Benefit administration/communication
- Statutory benefits
- Pension Administration and Communication (in partnership with Treasury) for DB and DC plans
- Manage and negotiate with multiple vendors for employee benefits, pension, relocation, EFAP, and payroll to ensure service level agreements are met and to ensure adherence to FCC’s cultural expectations of third parties.
- Lead the team responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of all HR-related FCC policies
- Provide oversight to the payroll function that processes monthly pay, complies with legislation, internal controls, and accounting standards, and ensures privacy and security of information.
Human Resource Management System:
Champion the strategic direction and deployment of data analytics and reporting through the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and promote enterprise data integration into people related decision making processes
- Lead the strategy, integration, and synthesis of various data sources to support leadership decision making related to employees, teams, and positions within FCC.
- Oversee the team responsible for the ongoing development, upgrading, and production issues of the Human Resources Management System (Workday)
- Lead the team responsible for data reporting, including Employment Equity Act, payroll, and statutory reporting
- Build and maintains strong relationships with senior leaders across FCC to provide reporting support for all employee engagement surveys, processes, execution, and analytics.
Provide strategic leadership and oversight to workforce management strategies and processes for the organization
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive workforce planning process, including the creation of an enterprise-wide workforce plan
- Lead the strategic development and execution of the corporate succession management process
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with senior leaders across FCC to advance workforce management that results in a qualified and diverse workforce at FCC.
Decision Making Authority
- Makes decisions on strategies, budgets and high-level tactics with cross divisional and organizational implications;
- Makes recommendations to the CHRO and/or to EMT for approval of FCC-wide HR programs and policies;
- Makes decisions on contracts awarded through the RFP process within budget authority;
- Makes decisions or recommendations to the CHRO on service delivery for the entire enterprise, including which services are delivered by internal resources and which are delivered by external vendors; and
- Represents HR on FCC’s technology and other priority-setting committees.
FCC Committee Membership
Senior Leadership Team – mandate is to build and manage the corporation’s strategy and operations in order to realize business objectives in fulfilling FCC’s mandate, to ensure that all aspects of the business are aligned, and that the customer experience is optimized;
- Learning and Performance Steering Committee – mandate is to provide oversight and integration of all employee learning at FCC; and
- Is a member of various other corporate governance committees as assigned by the Enterprise Management Team.
Communicate a clear vision and expectations for the division and enable divisional performance and results while considering an enterprise perspective. Provide leadership and guidance to support leaders in achieving the corporate initiatives and measures, identify areas for innovation and enhancement to our customer and employee experience, and sustain an engaged, high performing work environment;
- Ensure workforce plans and succession plans are in place for the division in support of the divisional strategy and FCC’s corporate plan;
- Lead and champion culture and leadership to support and maintain FCC’s employee experience, resulting in a motivated, engaged and high-performing workforce;
- Create an environment and divisional perspective that promotes and leverages talent across the division including coaching, developing and providing opportunities to increase the capabilities of employees and encouraging continued career growth; and
- Build committed, cross-functional partnerships with the Senior Leadership Team, senior leaders, and leadership teams to support and enable the work of the division and the greater good of the organization.
- Join an organization that is consistently recognized as a Platinum Best Employer by an international talent management & services firm;
- Serve as a senior member of a very professional, collaborative and high performing HR team;
- Influence the development Human Resources strategy and achievement of organizational goals and future successes; and
- As part of an organization that is incredibility supportive of professional and personal growth, work towards increased scope and accountability within FCC’s HR team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate Degree, preferable in business or equivalent, with a specialty in Human Resource Management;
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation; and
- Master’s degree would be an asset.
- A minimum 10 years’ relevant experience and 7 years’ experience in a senior leadership role;
- Extensive knowledge and skills in HR management principals, theories and trends to provide vision and direction to the team;
- Strong leader who confidently manages multiple priorities and a high-performing team
- Collaborator comfortable working with senior leaders;
- Proven relationship-builder with sound business judgment;
- Expert strategist to enhance FCC’s position on human resources strategies, policies and execution;
- Previous experience with ‘Workday’ and other data driven HRIS, a definite asset; and
- Bilingual English and French required.
- Customer Experience: Creates opportunities to broaden customer, partner and/or co-worker relationships. Identifies significant opportunities to contribute to their success. Finds ways to cultivate deeper relationships.
- Initiative: Continually focuses on achievement and always balances what has been accomplished relative to how it is accomplished.
- Learning & Innovation: Encourages creativity in others by highlighting the benefits of innovation and change. Supports others to focus on continuous learning. Has the broad ability to effectively understand, communicate and share information.
- Agility: Has a clear sense of both narrow and broad-based implications when taking action. Makes and supports decisions that benefit the organization overall, even if they are unpopular or controversial, yet can readily change plans to achieve better intended outcomes.
- Solution Focus: Acknowledges the realities of resolving problems over an extended time period. Actively works to guide and support realistic, consistent problem resolution.
- Teamwork & Partnership: Links strategies and objectives with team or partner goals and communicates positive expectations in achieving goals to support broader objectives and strategies.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANDM-186846 Vice President, Human Resources (Bilingual) – Farm Credit Canada - SK - Regina (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.