Vice President, Executive Search – Optimum Talent
Optimum Talent Inc. is proud to be the largest Canadian-owned integrated talent management firm. With origins dating back over 40 years, Optimum Talent has grown to over 260 employees operating in 13 offices from coast to coast.
Optimum Talent enables organizations to achieve success through people. We collaborate with leading organizations to recruit, develop, engage, retain, and transition talent. The result for our clients is a stronger employer brand, and a team of leaders and talent with the capability to achieve their business goals. We provide expertise in Executive Search, Leadership, Assessment and Development, and Career Transition.
Our Executive Search History
Our origins began 24 years ago as a firm called Conroy Ross Partners. Based in Western Canada, the firm provided retained executive and professional search to public and private organizations across all industries. Over the years, Conroy Ross Partners grew nationally, and in 2017 it merged with Optimum Talent. Under this new banner we continue to provide a boutique search experience, but now offer the added benefit of in-house leadership coaching and development expertise to support our clients.
Visit www.optimumtalent.com for more information.
Job Title: Vice President
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Calgary, AB
The Vice President will be responsible for growing the retained search practice through developing new client relationships and driving business. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have the opportunity to build your own book of business and gain market share, while delivering an exceptional client experience. Much of the mandate will be achieved through leveraging existing personal networks, hunting for new connections and establishing sustainable client relationships.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Create strategies to develop new client relationships and achieve annual personal revenue target
- Build a clientele who recognize you as a trusted business advisor
- Manage overall project execution including research, telephone screening, conducting interviews and references, drafting rigorous client reports, and high-touch client and candidate communication
- Leverage your experience across a variety of projects to develop comprehensive solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations
- Utilize a consultative approach to help build awareness of Optimum Talent’s full suite of talent management services and position the firm for growth
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Achieve or exceed annual revenue targets
- Articulate and sell full suite of Optimum Talent services including Executive Search & Recruitment Solutions, Leadership, Assessment, & Development, and Career Transition & Outplacement
- Build strategic client relationships that are positioned for long-term partnership with the firm
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A University or College degree
- A demonstrated track record in building partnerships, stakeholder consultation, client management and business development
- Experienced in managing the sales and delivery of recruitment projects
- Proven experience in driving revenue for a division or a department
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing and winning competitive formal bids and proposals
Competencies and Attributes
- A leader with strong interpersonal skills – the ability to listen, build relationships, communicate, connect and influence within the client environment and our team setting
- Committed to a collaborative team environment, and to providing an outstanding client experience
- Appreciation and an aptitude for personal branding
- Tenacious and entrepreneurial – willing to take the initiative
- A creative thinker with the insight and ability to quickly assimilate new concepts, recognize trends in industry and management thinking, and leverage them to engage and add value to our client organizations
- A predisposition to learning and continuous growth
- A high regard and respect for confidentiality
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic organization well positioned for growth
- To be part of a collaborative and inclusive environment focused on teamwork, professionalism, success and fun
- Join a full-cycle talent management firm with access and exposure to our entire suite of talent management programs and professionals
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AMJG-846450 Vice President, Executive Search – Optimum Talent - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.