Vice President/Director of Human Resources – MUFG Bank Ltd.
MUFG Bank ranks as one of the world’s largest financial groups, with locations in more than 50 countries globally, $2.7 Trillion in Assets and 360+ years’ of rich history.
MUFG has been providing global banking solutions in Canada for more than 60 years. That long-term commitment is an important part of the bank’s culture and the values that are important to it.
Headquartered in Toronto, with offices in Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, MUFG Bank Canada and its affiliates offer Canadian and international clients a full range of wholesale corporate banking services. Its global network and extensive expertise in Asia provide a unique competitive advantage to MUFG Bank Canada. With cultural values that run deep, building lasting client relationship and operating with integrity are at the core of what MUFG does.
Job Title: Vice President/Director of Human Resources
Reports to: Head, Human Resources / MD, Chief Corporate Administrative Officer
Direct Reports: 3
Location: Toronto, ON
MUFG Canada Branch is seeking a Vice President/Director, Human Resources to join its team located in Toronto. The Vice President/Director, Human Resources will bring a strong generalist background and will lead and manage the day-to-day HR function including payroll, benefits, GRRSP, pension plan, compensation, recruitment, talent development, and performance management.
- Establish and implement the Human Resources Department strategic plan
- Manage the human resources team and be accountable for achievement of annual objectives
- Lead the recruitment and selection function to ensure a high performing workforce
- Oversee company training and organizational development plans
- Design and develop of compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage pay policies, and oversee the variable pay systems including bonuses as well as promotion cycles
- Lead competitive market research to ensure pay practices and levels help recruit and retain high performers
- Supervise the administration of payroll and benefits
- Manage the engagement survey and work with departmental champions in developing action plans
- Evaluate procedures and implement solutions to improve human resources data management and workforce analytics to address organizational issues
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Develop and manage annual budgets for areas within responsibility
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of pay practices, pay equity, employment, compensation, recruitment and performance management and associated federal legislation
- 15+ years’ human resources management experience gained through increasingly more responsible roles; experience in a globally matrixed organization would be an asset
- Experience with payroll software applications; Ceridian’s Dayforce system preferred
- Critical thinker and adept at problem-solving
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and sustain relationships and work collaboratively
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Management experience required
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Previous experience working in a financial institution preferred
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A014850 (AFIK-428262) Vice President/Director of Human Resources – MUFG Bank Ltd. - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.