Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer – Georgian Bay General Hospital
Optimum Talent is pleased to be partnering with Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH) in their search for a new Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer. Located in Ontario’s historic Huronia Region on the shores of beautiful Georgian Bay, GBGH is just 90 minutes north of Toronto. This 113 bed hospital presently has two sites located in the municipalities of Midland and Penetanguishene. GBGH was established in 2008 following the voluntary integration of Huronia District Hospital and Penetanguishene General Hospital with a long history of providing medical services to the community dating back to the early 1900’s.
Job Title: Vice President, Corporate Services & Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: President & CEO
Direct Reports: Director of Finance; Director Information Services
Indirect Reports: 8
Location: Midland & Penetanguishene, ON
The Vice President Corporate Services & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is accountable to the President & CEO of Georgian Bay General Hospital. The VP Corporate Services & CFO provides strategic leadership in support of the Hospital’s strategic plan, ensures the stewardship of the organization’s finances and provides operational leadership for Finance and Corporate Services. Reporting to the VP/CFO are the Director of Finance, Director Information Systems. The VP/CFO is a strategic GBGH leader who is focused on ensuring the very best outcomes for patients and their families and the overall success of the organization.
- The VP/CFO will provide strategic leadership and direction to the Finance, Information Technology, Materials Management functions, encouraging best practices and ensuring the goals and objectives within these areas are aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities and Breakthrough Goals.
- The VP/CFO will:
- Clearly represents the Vision, Mission and Values of GBGH enabling all staff and key partners to deliver services that are aligned with the Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Directions of the Hospital.
- Promote a service oriented culture within the portfolio so that the Corporate Services functions are aligned with Patient Services and are acting as business partners to the rest of the organization in order to help guide and improve business and clinical performance across the organization;
- Establish objectives related to the Corporate Services portfolio that are aligned with the strategic direction of GBGH; and develop policies and procedures that are consistent with these objectives;
- Implement and monitor the strategic plan for IT and decision support;
- Keep the President & CEO and the Board apprised of the organization’s fiscal status and current/future risks with up-to-date, relevant information, ensuring timeliness and accuracy in reporting and;
- Mentor team members and encourage leadership development amongst team members in the portfolio.
- The VP/CFO will make certain that there are sound financial management strategies in place, along with the necessary financial and procurement controls, to ensure the financial health of the organization. The VP/CFO will work with the Leadership Team to develop a culture of fiscal accountability through decision support, financial reporting, benchmarking and achievable financial objectives.
- The VP/CFO will work with the Leadership Team and Board to maintain solid stewardship of the finances of GBGH with an overall goal of achieving and maintaining a balanced budget.
- The VP/CFO will use his/her knowledge/skill to:
- Facilitate capital budget development;
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop and implement a strategy for improving GBGH’s working capital position;
- Oversee a robust annual budget development process and create reporting mechanisms to assist the Leadership and Management Team in monitoring their monthly variance reports.
- Identify and recommend to the CEO and Management opportunities for cost containment and revenue generation
- Evaluate the financial impact of all new program, technology, infrastructure enhancements
- Report monthly to the CEO, Senior Leadership and Board on the financial health of the organization, including recommendations to ensure annual and longer-term financial performance targets are met.
- The VP/CFO will develop and maintain trusting and positive relationships with the President & CEO, the Leadership Team, the Board of Directors, physicians, staff, Volunteers and the Foundation based on the values of the organization. These relationships will be characterized by open and frequent communication, collaboration, consultation and transparency.
- The VP/CFO will build strong relationships within the organization as well as with outside partners such as partner hospitals, Ontario Health (OH),the North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN, the North Simcoe Muskoka CCAC, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and other provider organizations. The VP/CFO will represent GBGH both within the NSM LHIN/OH and outside of the LHIN region at various forums.
- The VP/CFO will be responsible for the overall administrative operations of the Corporate Services portfolio: planning, allocating and being accountable for human, financial and capital resources allocated to the portfolio ensuring efficient and effective use of these resources.
- The VP/CFO will attract and retain professional staff, monitor overall team and individual performance, mentor and coach staff to achieve their departmental and individual development goals and create performance measures to ensure optimal performance and staff satisfaction.
- The VP/CFO will actively support organizational wide transformational change initiatives, including leadership development and capacity building, Meditech Expanse implementation and program and infrastructure projects , supporting staff leadership development and the culture of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Must have an accounting designation (CPA/CA) along with a university undergraduate degree. The successful candidate will also have a minimum of 10 years of progressive senior leadership/management experience with a strong working understanding of all clinical services in a medium-sized community hospital.
- Change Facilitation: the ability and willingness to learn, adaptability to new technologies, flexibility when situations change and the ability to work in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment.
- Collaboration: includes partnering, teamwork, building alliances, looking for win-win solutions and building participative processes.
- Communication: listening, choosing an appropriate medium for a message, presenting information clearly and concisely and giving and receiving feedback in an oral and written format.
- Critical Thinking: analyzing and evaluating information and situations, problem-solving, decision-making and conceptualizing.
- Organizational Acumen: understanding governance, environment, organizational culture, processes, procedures, and how decisions are made.
- Leadership: demonstrating accountability, integrity and influence, having future focus and accepting responsibilities of being a leader.
- People Management: having self-awareness, listening, giving feedback and assessing performance, understanding and valuing diversity, developing and coaching staff, effectively implementing the hiring and selection process, and preventing and resolving conflict.
- Planning: assessing complex situations, setting and monitoring performance goals, delegating, managing implementation of projects, and evaluating outcomes.
- Resource Management: understanding and managing financial, information technology, and space resources.
- Service focus: focusing on effectively providing appropriate services to identified internal and external clients.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ATHA-016480 Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer – Georgian Bay General Hospital - ON (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.