Vice President, Client Solutions & Product Innovation | CDSPI
Established in 1959, CDSPI is a not-for-profit company, whose members are the Canadian Dental Association, and participating provincial and territorial dental associations. The organization provides advisory insurance and investment services tailored to meet the changing needs and enhance the financial wellness of dentists at every stage, from dental school to retirement and beyond.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Client Solutions & Product Innovation is responsible for using their insurance product knowledge and functional expertise in developing and managing insurance solutions to create and manage products geared towards the dental profession. They will champion product management; development and innovation geared at augmenting the company’s product suite and look to overhaul existing products that need a ‘refresh’ to maintain competitive positioning.
This will enable CDSPI to provide products that showcase our unique understanding of dentists in Canada. The role will leverage research, data and insights from our key stakeholders, our Marketing and Advisory Services teams to make informed decisions on solutions that will help CDSPI and its client’s succeed.
This role was established out of a need to ensure CDSPI has executive leadership and accountability for driving innovative, unique and highly effective financial service solutions to meet the needs of dentists in Canada.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other members of the Executive Team
- Product management of the existing product suite consisting of life insurance, disability insurance, malpractice insurance and business interruption/commercial dental office insurance
- Business Partner Relationship Management with Insurance providers and investment managers which includes:
- maximizing the opportunities and value set out in the business objectives;
- reporting data and results to identify, track and evaluate success necessary to make effective business decisions;
- ensuring an excellent client experience
- Product innovation with insurance and investment products to update existing solutions and create new solutions
- Act as the in-house resident expert on our product solution set, providing insight, understanding and reporting as required to the CDSPI Board and Executive team
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the annual Business Plan and Budget for the Client Solutions and Product Management department
- Proactively work with the Executive Team, Marketing and Advisory Services to anticipate and identify client solutions that address client needs
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Life and commercial insurance designations
- CFA would be an asset
- Ten years’ experience in financial services product management and product innovation roles, with a particular focus on insurance.
- Proven track record of identifying and developing successful client solutions that led to demonstrable financial results or that addressed important strategic objectives for the business.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and negotiation skills with senior executives at B2B business partners.
- Ability to explain highly technical product attributes in a simplified manner
- Strong negotiation skills with senior executives and B2B clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: HRCCCanada.GBS.TorontoES@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AXIF-448214 Vice President, Client Solutions & Product Innovation | CDSPI - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.