Vice President & Chief Financial Officer – Haldimand War Memorial Hospital
Haldimand War Memorial has 22 Acute Care Beds, 13 Complex care beds and 2 Respite Care Beds. Our surgical services include General Surgery, Endoscopy, minor Urology and Cataract surgery. Our Diagnostic Imaging department supports our community through the provision of the following services: General x-ray, Computed Tomography (CT/CAT Scan), Ultrasound, Mammography / Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), Bone Density, Holter Monitors and Electrocardiogram (ECG). We are proud to be the only provider of Computed Tomography in Haldimand County.
Visiting specialists also hold clinics in our newly renovated outpatient clinic space to provide a complete range of care for our community.
Edgewater Gardens is a 64 bed long term care home and they have recently received ministry approval to increase capacity by another 64 beds.
|Job Title:||Vice President & Chief Financial Officer|
|Reports to:||President & CEO|
The Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (VP/CFO) will lead all financial administration, business planning, reporting, analysis, and budgeting for the corporations. The VP/CFO will continue to build, manage, and improve effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems and internal controls. In addition, the VP/CFO provides strategic and tactical leadership, planning and guidance for the efficient and effective delivery of environmental, operational and support services. Portfolio responsibilities include: Financial Services, Information Technology, Purchasing, Maintenance and Plant Operations, Housekeeping, Laundry, Food Services and Health Records including the role of Chief Privacy Officer.
- Fulfils all the duties and responsibilities of VP/CFO as outlined in the administrative by-laws of each corporation and coordinates all audit activities.
- Reports to and advises Executive leadership, Senior team, and Boards of Directors on financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, cash flow, investments and policy matters including review and renewal of liability and property insurance.
- In conjunction with Executive leadership, Senior team, fiscal advisory, and Board committees leads the organizations in annual and multi-year budget development and all required planning submissions up to and including negotiation of accountability agreements.
- Monitors financial and operational results to ensure organizations on target and meeting performance obligations and accountability agreements working with executive, senior team and board to implement corrective action when needed.
- Ensures financial management controls are designed, implemented, and executed and that reporting practices are consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) and provincial ministry requirements and all activities are following all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepares all ministry submissions, corporate financial reports and analyses ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the information to meet compliance requirements and support decision making.
- Provides executive and strategic advice on all matters that have a financial resource implication, including costing proposals and agreements.
- Oversees, directs, and organizes the work of the finance staff in the functions of general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, revenue generation and fund raising.
- Invests funds and manages investment portfolios.
- Collaborates with the Senior team, key users, direct reports, and external resources in designing and implementing an information management plan to successfully meet the current and future IT needs of the organization as it grows and technology changes.
- Ensures on-going maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure as well as security, back up systems and disaster planning.
- Oversees administrative and financial systems, information technology (IT), and physical infrastructure including hardware, networks, software, and upgrades to ensure innovative, cost effective and timely management and information solutions.
- Ensures the appropriate use and development of the patient care system including the integrity of Health Records department and reporting.
- Ensures confidentiality and privacy legislation is in place, including monitoring and follow up.
- Creates and designs management and financial reporting systems, dashboards and key metrics that are well developed, easily interpreted and utilized in decision support.
- Researches and identifies technology solutions to further automate processes and increase efficiencies.
- Leads technical staff (in-house and external experts) in on-going system maintenance.
Operations and Facilities
- Manages the physical infrastructure, physical plant, and system maintenance (phone system, security, cleaning, utilities, supplies, leases, licenses, inspections etc.) with the assistance of Maintenance Director with a goal of continuously developing and improving systems.
- Continually benchmarks and evaluates best industry practices in comparison to internal systems and needed resources, with an eye toward both future needs and budget realities.
- Ensures mechanisms exist or are introduced to monitor and respond to patient, caregiver, employee, and client satisfaction levels ensuring all legislated and required operational practices (such as Long-Term Care residential and food service needs) are met and develop strategies to increase efficiencies and improve service.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating contract management specifically reviewing, providing advice on all equipment, preventative maintenance, service, and biomedical contracts ensuring terms and conditions and monitoring processes mitigate any liability or financial risk to the organizations.
- Oversees supply chain activities, such as planning, purchasing, contracting, storage, distribution, and payment to ensure an ethical, professional and accountable supply chain.
- Leads proactive planning, risk assessment/management and ensures appropriate Disaster, Fire and Emergency Plans are in place.
- Manages any capital expansions and/or renovation projects ensuring appropriate approvals are in place.
- Serve as a partner to the President & CEO assisting with the organization’s human resource, occupational health and safety and infection control administrative processes including attendance management, collective bargaining, benefits administration and incident and safety monitoring and reporting.
- Identifies opportunities for enhancement in personnel systems, record keeping, processes, forms, reports, and documents.
- Ensures related legislative employment standards and terms of collective agreements/contracts are met.
Team Development and Leadership
- Manages the recruitment, promotion, transfers, performance evaluation, discipline, training and development activities for all direct reports and teams.
- Mentors and develops staff, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, conducts appraisals, monitors, and evaluates results and subsequently increases responsibilities as team develops.
- Models’ strong leadership by acting as coach, mentor and change agent requiring and supporting a positive, respectful and safe work environment.
- Provides an open-door policy for all staff and integration partners demonstrating strong day-to-day leadership, bridging centralized and regional operations ensuring that all staff and partners feel they are a priority.
- Executes portfolio related special assignments from the President & CEO and oversees administrative duties in the absence of the President & CEO.
- Overall accountability for financial wellbeing of the organizations
- Accountable to ensure all required reporting meets legislative requirements
- Ensures organizations are compliant with privacy requirements
- Ensures all procurement standards are met
Opportunities and Challenges
- Opportunity for growth including work on multiple regional projects including Ontario Health Team
- Opportunity to lead capital growth including Edgewater expansion
- The Town of Dunnville is a lovely rural town with access to Lake Erie and the Grand River and the convenience of city amenities in Hamilton, ON, only 45 minutes away
- Strong community engagement and support for local health care
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, management, or finance.
- Certified Professional Accountant designation (CPA).
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance / master’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- Minimum of five to seven years progressive experience in financial administration and management preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Well-rounded business systems background and operational knowledge to compliment strong financial and technical skills.
- Thorough understanding of accounting, financial and patient care systems with experience overseeing information technology staff and/or vendors.
- Proven strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with high standards.
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach and a strong service mentality.
- Effective tactical hands-on leader as well as a strategic thinker.
- Values the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a community’s quality of life and healthcare.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AGQY-312732 Vice President & Chief Financial Officer – Haldimand War Memorial Hospital - ON & Western Canada (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.