Technical Sales and Business Development Representative – NAMCO Machine & Gear Works Ltd.
NAMCO Machine & Gear Works Ltd. (“NAMCO”) is an Edmonton based, family owned organization. Through dedication, hard work, and prudent financial planning, NAMCO has grown to become an industry leader in the mechanical power transmission world.
NAMCO was founded in 1976 to meet the demand for higher quality and faster deliveries of precision machined powertrain and gear components and products. NAMCO’s depth of experience and extensive general machining capabilities combined with in house professional engineering services allows them to be an industry leader in a variety of market segments. Maintaining strong personal relationships and delivering excellent customer satisfaction has been key to their long-term growth and success. NAMCO’s original facility was 2,200 square feet and today they occupy over 60,000 square feet.
NAMCO has been committed to excellence in manufacturing for over 44 years, and intends to carry on its commitment to quality, innovation, honesty, and growth well into the future. The team’s dedication to NAMCO’s vision, coupled with its business, machining, gearing, and engineering expertise, ensures that NAMCO’s customers receive quality products and outstanding, ethical service. The entire management team is dedicated to these values and committed to building the best products and relationships in the industry.
NAMCO’s mission is to be a technologically advanced engineering and manufacturing company, that builds the best possible quality geared products, and to be the vendor of choice for all mechanical power transmission needs of our clients and target customers.
- To create measurable results for clients by applying only the most innovative production methods; and
- To be a dynamic, client focused organization oriented towards growth and recognized for excellence.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards in our interactions with each other and with our customers, suppliers, partners, and the community;
- Provide recognition and reward based upon ideas, contributions and efforts that create a positive impact in our manufacturing and assembly processes;
- Maintain a working environment that is positively energized, safe and clean; and
- Commit to on-going progressive learning, technological advancement and fiscally responsible growth so that we may continue to improve upon our traditions of quality and innovation.
For more information on NAMCO, please visit: https://www.namco.ca/index.html.
|Job Title:||Technical Sales and Business Development Representative|
|Reports to:||Sales Manager|
Reporting to the Sales Manager, NAMCO is seeking a Techinical Sales and Business Development Representative to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for building new business, identifying new customers and market segments, maintaining existing customer relationships, and promoting NAMCO’s value proposition across existing and new customer industries.
The Technical Sales and Business Development Representative will need to have a deep understanding of the services and products that NAMCO manufactures and the industries they serve. The successful candidate will have a practical understanding of mechanical power transmission and knowledge of general machining capabilities coupled with track record of sales success and a strong desire to establish NAMCO as the first choice for vendors.
- Identify and develop new business by targeting new industries, market segments and customers;
- Promote NAMCO’s products and services (powertrain products & components, maintenance reliability in operations, onsite services, vibration analysis etc.) across new and existing customers;
- In collaboration with the Sales Manager, determine sales strategies for the year;
- Maintain and strengthen existing business relationships with customers and suppliers, identifying upselling opportunities for products and services;
- Promote NAMCO’s value proposition as a strong brand ambassador across all industries;
- Clearly delineates personal and professional time; during office hours fully accountable and devotes time to company efficiency and honestly;
- Develop and execute plans that achieve the desired sales strategies and sales targets; and
- Build long-lasting relationship with customers to retain their business and promote new product offerings.
- Employees have a strong work ethic and take pride in being the best in their industry;
- NAMCO retains its’ employees for an average of 15 years or more – this long-term retention of staff allows them to be confident in each and every product and component that leaves their facility;
- NAMCO is in a strong position to continue carrying on its track record of success and growth;
- NAMCO recognizes and rewards employee ideas, contributions and efforts that create a positive impact in their manufacturing and assembly processes;
- NAMCO upholds the highest ethical standards in their interactions with each other and with customers, suppliers, partners, and the community; and
- Recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Identify and secure net new business (for both NAMCO’s products and services) across a variety of industries and market segments;
- Build trusting, open, collaborative and respectful relationships throughout the organization with employees, management, suppliers, partners and customers;
- Develop a deep understanding of NAMCO’s products and capabilities to target specific market segments resulting in sales growth;
- Visit and continue to build relationships with existing customers; and
- Develop a strategic sales plan for the year with short-term and long-term measurables goals.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma, Certified Engineering Technologist (CET), or equivalent would be an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a sales role in a relevant industry (manufacturing, fabrication etc.);
- Demonstrated technical engineering or mechanical knowledge;
- Track record of success building strong customer relationships and penetrating into new market segments;
- Track record of success achieving sales goals in an engineering or mechanical environment;
- Experience being mechanically inclined; and
- Experience working in a gear box or manufacturing facility, a definite asset.
Competencies and Attributes
- Assertive and Balanced: Understands how to move a sales situation along without frustrating or creating an adversarial environment with customers. Ability to convey message to clients firmly, fairly and with passion.
- Adaptable Communication Style: Ability adapt and tailor communication style to all customer segments and demographics (from front line to executives). Ensures that the execution of business between both parties is simple and straight forward. Internally, communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Speaks clearly and is able to read audience while creating rapport. Exercises active listening while having conversations with stakeholders.
- Business Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the company and demonstrates commitment to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Customer Focus: Continuously pays attention to customer needs, adapting as these evolve. Takes detailed notes and sketches to deliver results on customer expectations. Follows through on commitments and demonstrates dedication to customer throughout entire sales cycle. Stays connected to customers past the sale, conveys genuine appreciation for the customers’ business and ensures customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
- Drives Results: Infuses the team and organization with a sense of urgency. Creates a culture where organizational performance is top of mind. Relentless pursuit of excellence. Sets high sales targets and seeks to exceed them. Not afraid to go after ‘big fish’ and successfully bring in high volume orders.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: An attitude and approach to thinking is to actively seek out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. Mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate and want continuous improvement. Demonstrates personal investments and commitment to NAMCO’s vision.
- Forward Strategic Thinker: Stays abreast of the best practices, new trends and technology to provide strategic direction and make informed recommendations.
- Product Knowledge: Understands the products, capabilities, services and value proposition of NAMCO and effectively communicates to customers.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Time Management: Ability to sort through leads uses analytics to identify priorities and characteristics that ideal leads would have. Drive to be highly productive exercises strong time management skills.
NAMCO Machine and Gear Works is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and NAMCO Machine and Gear Works throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AKBD-006323 Technical Sales and Business Development Representative – NAMCO Machine & Gear Works Ltd. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.