Tax Analyst – Superior Plus
Through its subsidiaries, Superior Plus distributes and markets propane and distillates, in both the U.S. and Canada, and supplies sodium chlorate, chlor-alkali and potassium and sodium chlorite in North America and internationally. Superior Plus aspires to be the leader in creating value through differentiation and best-in-class operations in all of the business segments they operate in.
Building on Our Success
Superior Plus operates two separate businesses: Energy Distribution and Specialty Chemicals. All of the businesses are operated on the principles of entrepreneurship, continuous improvement, executing on objectives, safety and teamwork.
Looking ahead, Management has put in place a strategic plan known as “Evolution 2020.” Keys to the success of Evolution 2020 will be a focus on continuous improvement in all businesses, building strong customer partnerships, and both achieving organic growth and executing on strategic and accretive acquisitions.
Above all, success depends on the talented and dedicated people at Superior Plus.
Superior Plus has a proven track record of creating value for shareholders. The goal is to operate and grow their businesses to generate stable cash flows and to be leaders in their respective industries and to provide sustainable returns to shareholders.
The businesses offer expansion opportunities in Canada, the United States and international markets.
For more information please visit http://www.superiorplus.com/
Job Title: Tax Analyst
Reports to: Tax Manager
Location: Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Tax Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a small tax team that is responsible for the preparation of tax returns and income tax provisions, liaising with various taxation authorities, performing research, and providing ad hoc support as required. The Tax Analyst will be required to build relationships with the various divisions in order to secure details required to complete tax returns and provisions as well as providing tax support and training as required
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely completion and filing of all Canadian tax filings including corporate and partnership returns;
- Managing the timely completion of US tax filings with external consultants;
- Responsible for the tax installments in Canada and the US, including the preparation of account reconciliations
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision, including coordination with the divisional and corporate reporting teams, maintaining the tax provision software (Longview), supporting the external reporting process, review of materials provided and ongoing communication, training etc.
- Monitor changes in Canada, US and Chile legislation and conclude on the impact to tax provision processes and templates
- Tax research and preparation of technical memos in support of tax technical positions taken in the financial statements and statutory filings
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of all of the businesses and building relationships with divisions including ongoing direct formal and informal communication as necessary
- Compliance with and development of internal tax policies and processes, with a focus on improving process flow, controls and documentation
- Account reconciliations; notice of assessments or reassessment evaluation; maintenance of tax calendar and managing regulatory communications.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required
- The opportunity to have direct interaction with, and exposure to, a skilled and experienced tax team, business units and senior management
- Participate in a growth-oriented company and gain exposure and understanding into a wide variety of different business models and industries from both a domestic and international perspective
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment where ongoing professional development is valued and expected
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Recently completed or is the process of completing the CICA- in-depth tax course.
- Minimum of three years tax experience in a public accounting firm or publicly traded company with experience directly related to tax compliance and income tax provisions
- Experience in dealing with tax authorities and financial statement auditors
- Knowledge of accounting standards related to accounting for income taxes under the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Some experience and interest in developing a technical understanding of International and US Federal and State income tax issues as they impact the company
- Experience with Longview provision software, an asset
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with management, divisions and external service providers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, in order to manage multiple priorities and competing demands with tight timelines
- Hard working, driven, team player, self-starter with the ability to work independently and who is motivated and committed to meeting Superiors best in class standards
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A014572 (ADJX-452866) Tax Analyst – Superior Plus - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.