Supervisor, Business Development | Rice Resource Technologies
Since 1952, Rice has been dedicated to helping companies get things done and realize the results that customers expect. Simply stated – they are all about customer success! And since the beginning, people have been key to setting them apart.
Rice Resource Technologies has grown to become one of Canada’s most comprehensive, multi-dimensional providers of world-class products, manufacturing, and design services. Their goal is to improve the project efficiency and performance of their customers.
They have achieved this by developing an in-depth understanding of the industries and sectors that they serve; the applications where their products and technologies are being used, and the real-world operational challenges their customers face. Their expertise is focused in three key divisions: Earth Sciences, Pipe Integrity, and Industrial Products.
Their story is the story of their customers… and how they have contributed to their successes for over 70 years.
For further information about Rice Resource Technologies, please visit their website at: https://www.riceresource.com/.
|Reports to:||General Sales Manager|
|Direct Reports:||5, Business Development|
Reporting to the General Sales Manager, the Supervisor, Business Development will be accountable for the performance and management of the Business Development department. The individual will be responsible for driving Business Development and Account Management within the Sales department at Rice and ensuring Lead & Opportunity process outputs are achieving desired results. The incumbent will also serve as a liaison between the Business Development department and other departments across the organization.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Recruit, motivate, and develop the Business Development team to achieve and surpass sales objectives;
- Act as a leader in their area for sales leadership development initiatives;
- Coach and mentor direct reports to drive greater employee growth using the Catalytic Coaching process;
- Demonstrate effective communication with all personnel, suppliers, customers, and regional management;
- Build out support and engagement initiatives for department objectives;
- Communicate departmental performance where required; and
- Demonstrate Rice values and commitment to Rice Vision & Mission.
- Provide Leadership and remain accountable for Business Development objectives and performance;
- Ensure Business Development Measurables are achieved and/or exceeded;
- Recruit, motivate, and develop the Business Development team to achieve and surpass sales objectives; including but not limited to;
- Contribute to the overall revenue and gross margin by geographic territory and division;
- Opportunity funnel performance, including generation through closure;
- Identification of new customers/products/markets/revenue opportunities;
- Territory revenue by Customer Phase, Marketing Segment & Item Class Group; and
- “Knowing the market and how to grow it”.
- Provide Leadership and remain accountable for Account Management objectives and performance;
- Ensure Account Management Measurables are achieved and/or exceeded;
- Recruit, motivate and develop the Account Management team to achieve and surpass sales objectives; including but not limited to;
- Contribute to the overall revenue and gross margin by individual accounts;
- Maximizing Rice’s wallet share by individual customers;
- Acquiring, growing, and nurturing accounts;
- Account revenue by Customer Phase, Market Segment & Item Class Group; and
- “Knowing the customers and how to grow them”.
Lead & Opportunity Management:
- Be responsible for the generation, maintenance, management and closure of all opportunities throughout the Rice Sales Process;
- Be responsible for the management and performance of leads throughout the Rice Sales Process;
- Work to optimize all lead & opportunity processes and a play key role in the implementation of continual improvement; and
- Ensure all lead & opportunity processes and standards are fully integrated and utilized amongst the sales team.
- OMS Process Management – provide leadership to ensure all key sales processes and standards are fully integrated, optimized and utilized amongst the sales team;
- Pricing Management – provide input and opinions to General Sales Manager in determining overall target margins and pricing strategies for product and service sales;
- Sales Systems – with leadership and direction from the General Sales Manager, be responsible in the Sales utilization and continual improvement of Sales tools; and
- Sales Administration & Reporting – remain responsible for administrative outputs of the Business Development department.
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Gain a high level of organizational familiarity;
- Have a strong understanding of customer needs;
- Complete 2-3 visits to other markets to meet business development team, customers, and identify market challenges;
- Develop sales planning activity for the upcoming year.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Frequent travel is required;
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Education & Experience:
- Business degree/diploma is preferred;
- Minimum of 6 years in successfully utilizing professional sales process systems such as OMS, Sandler, SugarCRM;
- Previous experience in target markets and product lines, along with industry contacts is considered an asset;
- Exceptional track record of leading a team of industry leading sales personnel;
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Approachable, accessible, driven and positive individual that enjoys a challenging work environment and strives on delivering consistent results;
- Sales strategy, forecasting, and budgeting skills based on general business, market knowledge, evaluation, and appropriate judgment along with sound/difficult decision-making;
- Strong analytical skills to identify areas for improvement across processes, pricing strategies, Information Systems (IS) and other relevant areas;
- Continuous Improvement skills and experience driving business process optimization and automation;
- Exceptional project management skills to lead complex improvements and drive results;
- Proven ability to develop and drive “low value” sale performance and Customer Sales & Service;
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Honest and trustworthy with a high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships with customers, suppliers, peers, and employees;
- Ability to develop, train, and coach employees to quickly acquire new skills and knowledge;
- Accurate, effective, and decisive evaluation/appraisal techniques and skills which encourage performance improvement without creating resentment or negative responses. Then, hold employees accountable for results/rewards;
- Ability to verbally communicate openly, clearly, and concisely with individuals and groups to achieve understanding and acceptance;
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to assemble all facts before making decisions yet can still make sound decisions in absence of detailed knowledge;
- Understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses and able to initiate and establish a professional growth strategy and action plans;
- Ability to plan, organize, and complete tasks in the most efficient manner;
- Development of strong working rapport with other managers and executive management across the organization.
Rice Resource Technologies is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and our client throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AJIU-701500 Supervisor, Business Development | Rice Resource Technologies - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.