Superintendent – Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools
Established in 1908, Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools provides Catholic education to students in Red Deer, Blackfalds, Sylvan Lake, Rocky Mountain House, Innisfail and Olds. With 21 schools, over 10,000 Students, 600 Teachers and 600 Support Staff, Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools is a leader in the education system in Alberta, and embraces innovation, inclusion and specialized programming.
- Making Christ known to children
- Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools is committed to supporting inclusive communities that foster care and compassion of students, families and staff with a complete offering of learning opportunities delivered within the context of Catholic teachings and tradition, and within the means of the Division
- Called to continue Jesus’ mission as prophet, priest, and servant, we are guided by His life and teachings in all that we do
- Our schools are gospel-centered communities of hope, fostering a Catholic value system within a pluralistic society
- We focus on education of the whole child, helping students develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically
For more information on Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools, please visit www.rdcrs.ca.
|Reports to:||Board of Trustees|
|Location:||Red Deer, Alberta|
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Superintendent will act as the face of the Division within schools, the faith community and the community at large. The Superintendent will inspire a culture of creativity, collaboration, and trust with all employees while demonstrating excellence in servant leadership.
- Provides leadership in all matters relating to education in the Catholic Division;
- Works collaboratively to develop a collective vision of a preferred future that focuses on optimizing student learning and reflects the shared values and beliefs of the school system community;
- Promotes and advances a sustainable school system culture characterized by outstanding leadership, exemplary staff performance, and excellence in learning;
- Develops a positive and productive working relationship with the Board of Trustees;
- Ensures the Board is provided with information, advice and support necessary to fulfill its governance role;
- Establishes systems to realize the Division’s mission statement in practical terms, and systems to monitor and evaluate the work to support educational goals;
- Builds trust and develops positive relationships within the school system community;
- Ensures parents/guardians and community members are meaningfully involved in the school system;
- Ensures compliance of school system operations with Board policies and Division administrative procedures; and
- Ensures consideration of the external political, economic, legal and cultural contexts affecting the school system.
- Models involvement in a Catholic faith community and ensures students and staff are provided opportunities for spiritual development within the Division.
- Models and inspires ethical behavior that honors the principles of integrity, objectivity, and protection of the public interest while adhering to gospel values in accordance with the Division’s Principles of Practice:
- We honor our children
- We provide a safe & secure environment
- We live & proudly proclaim our Catholic Christian Faith
- We provide quality education in a Catholic environment
- We pray as an educational community
- We practice servant-leadership
- We focus on our mission through clarity of purpose
- We value our staff
- Demonstrates a passion for learning;
- Ensures each student has access to programs to meet provincial and school system goals;
- Promotes high levels of student achievement and staff performance;
- Ensures school administrators provide effective instructional leadership; and
- Ensures exemplary instructional practices are identified, implemented and supported.
- Gives preference in the hiring of staff to practicing Catholics;
- Ensures the sustained implementation of highly effective staff recruitment, selection, development, supervision and evaluation processes;
- Ensures contractual obligations to staff are fulfilled; and
- Ensures beliefs and values of the Catholic faith and the principles of fundamental justice are always followed when dealing with staff performance issues.
- Ensures human, material and financial resources are secured, allocated and managed in an effective, responsible, fair, and accountable manner;
- Ensures organizational structures and operational plans provide clear direction for all activities within the school system;
- Ensures the financial management of the school system is in accordance with the terms and conditions of funding received under the School Act or any other applicable Act or regulation;
- Ensures organizational performance is monitored and adjustments made when necessary; and
- Communicates Board decisions and directional statements to the school system community in a timely and accurate manner.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Embody servant leadership that inspires a culture of innovation, empowerment, trust, and collaboration;
- Build strong and trusted relationships within the school and faith community, but also within the community at large; become a public ambassador and champion for RDCRS;
- Demonstrate engagement and appreciation for all of the communities served by the Division, and an understanding of the needs of urban and rural school communities;
- Diligently oversee the financial resources of the Division;
- Champion the ongoing commitment to the dedicated expression of Catholicity within the Division; and
- Demonstrate progress towards the goals established in the Strategic Plan with full team alignment and engagement.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Master of Education degree;
- Doctoral degree is considered an asset; and
- Eligible for Alberta Teacher Certification.
- Demonstrated exemplary experience in Catholic school leadership at the school system level;
- Ten years’ related work experience at a senior leadership level;
- Proven financial acumen;
- Track record of success within a complex, multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven experience building successful relationships with individuals within and external to the school system community.
Competencies and Attributes
- Servant leader who demonstrates the values of RDCRS;
- A natural connector who thrives building relationships, and who is comfortable representing the Division at community events;
- Possesses a drive and passion for educational excellence with a desire to take calculated risks that benefit the Division and its students;
- Exercises an innovative approach and encourages a culture of fresh thinking and a willingness to embrace the learning opportunities that come from a failed attempt;
- A strategic and decisive leader who understands how to balance conviction with compassion in decision making;
- Demonstrates engagement outside of head office with active participation in each school and community; and
- Builds trust and develops positive relationships within the school system community.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AQGO-013547 Superintendent – Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools - AB - Red Deer (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.