Site Administrator – Villa Marie | Covenant Care
Covenant Care was established in 2013 as a non-profit partner in Alberta’s integrated health system serving seniors. The non-for-profit organization is committed to innovative approaches to supporting seniors in a caring community where they can thrive.
Covenant Care is a new ministry of Catholic Health of Alberta and a part of the Covenant family of organizations. The organization’s legacy is rooted in 150 years of Catholic health care in the province.
The mission of the Covenant Family is to “continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and care for the whole person – body, mind and soul”. Inspired by their mission of service, they will be leaders and partners in transforming health care and creating vibrant communities of health and healing.
As a Catholic organization, they are committed to serving people of all faiths, cultures and circumstances, according to their Values: Compassion, Respect, Collaboration, Social Justice, Integrity, Stewardship.
For further information about Covenant Care, please visit their website at https://covenantcare.ca/
|Reports to:||Senior Director Operations|
|Direct Reports:|| |
Resident Care Managers, Administrative Staff, Chaplin, Contracted Services (supervisory responsibility)
|Location:||Red Deer, Alberta|
Reporting to the Senior Director Operations, the Site Administrator is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the residents’ quality of life experience and the overall operations. The Site Administrator takes responsibility for directing all care and support services for the site in alignment with the mission, vision, values and strategic objectives of the Covenant Family.
Responsibilities will include leading and supporting the care team to consistently deliver high quality, resident centered care, ensuring that care is compliant with all governing standards and regulations, managing the site operational budget within funded activity, ensuring that contracted service providers are fulfilling their obligations and ensuring that operational objectives and plans are effectively implemented.
The responsibilities of the Site Administrator are focused on Leadership and the Four Pillars of Care and Service:
- Demonstrates a participative and collaborative approach to management that embodies the mission and values of the Covenant family.
- Sets attainable goals and provides regular, meaningful feedback that aligns with the operational plan
- Creates the conditions that promote employee engagement by empowering staff to work to their full scope, focus on their strengths, overcome obstacles and take accountability
- Ensures that all staff and volunteers receive proper orientation and regular feedback and are provided with opportunities for professional development and growth
- Actively supports successful learning and sustained changes at the point-of-care level
- Encourages transparent dialogue and the expression of ideas and opinions
- Models collaboration, cooperation and teamwork that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Foster and build productive and positive working environments for internal/external partners and volunteers to ensure an integrated approach to the delivery of care and services
Access and Flow
- Develops and implements work plans aligned with the goals and priorities defined by the Senior Director Operations.
- Consistently reviews the clinical care and services provided, monitors key performance indicators (KPIs), identifies gaps and opportunities and makes care and service decisions aimed at improving performance
- Maintains an ongoing dialogue with supervisor to provide feedback, share ideas, seek advice, report on progress and problems and make recommendations to resolve issues outside the scope of the position
- Makes evidence-informed decisions in a manner consistent with organizational values to yield safe resident centered service
- Evaluates and provides feedback on new initiatives to ensure resident needs will continue to be met or exceeded
- Ensures that contracted service providers are fulfilling their obligations, e.g. hospitality service providers
Quality and Safety
- Consistently strives to meet or exceed all relevant quality and safety performance standards and expectations at the site level
- Ensures site compliance with all legislation, contract agreements, policies and procedures and standards
- Alerts the Senior Director Operations to significant incidents, trends and risks that may have a significant impact and cannot be dealt with effectively at the site level
- Monitors and investigates incident reports and manages resident and/or family complaints
- Maintains an awareness of discipline specific and/or, evidence based practice standards and leverages that knowledge to improve quality and safety for the site
- Seeks opportunities to take part in relevant research projects that could improve quality and service and be beneficial to residents and their families
Stewardship and Efficiency
- Exercises responsible stewardship and successfully manages the site operational budget within funded activity.
- Adheres to guidelines and delegated authority
- Monitors expenditures and develops effective strategies to maintain the budget
- Maintains a working knowledge of all contracts in place within the programs and applies these in accordance with Covenant Care principles
- Identifies internal reallocation opportunities and realigns resources within funding parameters without affecting quality of care and the health and safety of staff
- Provides analysis of past fiscal performance for use in annual budget preparation
- Reports on budget variances and takes action to mitigate future variances
- Prioritizes any budget and site equipment needs and contributes to the preparation of the annual budget
- Demonstrates accountability in utilizing department materials and resources
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Effectively integrate into the organization building positive, collaborative and trusting working relationships within internal and external stakeholders
- Lead from a resident- centered approach delivering safe, reliable, quality care
- Foster empowerment and create appropriate development and career pathways for the Resident Care Managers
- Achieve Occupancy Goals, ensure Quality Reporting meets audit targets and all AH & AHS reporting are actioned
The successful candidate will have the following:
- BScN degree required
- Registered and in good standing with the provincial licensing body
- Minimum of five years of leadership/management experience in a healthcare related setting
- Experience with leading all facets of human resources and financial accountability
- Experience leading a unionized environment and have participated in bargaining negotiations
- Flexibility to travel for meetings and for operational requirements as required
- Must provide a valid (within 90 days) Criminal Record Check clearance with Vulnerable Screening – CRC/VS)
Competencies and Attributes:
- Personal commitment to the Mission and Values of the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Ability to communicate and articulate clearly and effectively, resulting in sound understanding of issues, needs, requirements and possible solutions in accordance with Covenant policies and procedures and with applicable legislation
- Caring active listener who demonstrates empathy and an understanding and appreciation of others’ views
- Proven ability to build and maintain interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to use excellent professional judgment and to act as a mentor, leader and role model to all staff
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task are also required
- Knowledge of all safety programs to prevent accidents and eliminate hazards on the site. As well, to facilitate the promotion and adherence to safety procedures and the ability to ensure safety in all aspects of operations
- The ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of all resident, family and staff information is essential
- An innovative, energetic, compassionate and warm “people person”
- Possess a high level of patience and understanding
- Innovative, strategic thinker who can deal with the issues of the day while, at the same time, is able to see the big picture
Covenant Care is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. Covenant Care welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and Covenant Care throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Covenant Care is a family-friendly organization that allows for flexible work arrangements to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: Jackie_Vallis@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AJOX-404174 Site Administrator – Villa Marie | Covenant Care - AB - Red Deer (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.