Site Administrator- Covenant Care
Covenant Care was established in 2013 as a non-profit partner in Alberta’s integrated health system serving seniors. The non-for-profit organization is committed to innovative approaches to supporting seniors in a caring community where they can thrive.
Covenant Care is a new ministry of Catholic Health of Alberta and a part of the Covenant family of organizations. The organization’s legacy is rooted in 150 years of Catholic health care in the province.
The mission of the Covenant Family is to “continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and care for the whole person – body, mind and soul”. Inspired by their mission of service, they will be leaders and partners in transforming health care and creating vibrant communities of health and healing.
As a Catholic organization, they are committed to serving people of all faiths, cultures and circumstances, according to their Values: Compassion, Respect, Collaboration, Social Justice, Integrity, Stewardship.
To ensure we are best able to carry out our mission and meet the health needs of Albertans, our strategic plan is oriented around four core strategic directions as follows:
- Serve – We will strengthen our mission and live our values to meet the needs of those we serve through excellence in care, an engaged team, and wise use of our resources
- Contribute – We will leverage our legacy to maximize the strategic contribution of Catholic healthcare
- Grow – We will seek out and respond to the needs of our communities, especially vulnerable and marginalized populations
- Transform – We will create systems of care that enable people and communities to be healthy
Covenant Care welcomes all who share a call to serve those most in need.
For further information please visit: https://covenantcare.ca/about-us/overview/
Job Title:Site Administrator (St. Marguerite Manor and Holy Cross Manor)
Reports to:Resident Experience Director
Direct Reports: 3- Resident Care Manager(s), Administrative Staff, Chaplin, Contracted Services (supervisory responsibility)
Indirect Reports: 400 (approximately)
Reporting to the Resident Experience Director, the Site Administrator is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the residents’ quality of life experience and the overall operations for both sites. The Site Administrator takes responsibility for directing all care and support services for the assigned sites in alignment with the mission, vision, values and strategic objectives of the Covenant Family.
The Site Administrator is responsible for human, financial and physical resources of the sites and to provide leadership and direction in accordance with acceptable standards of practice, legislation and policies and procedures. (The Designated Supportive Living Programs has 202 spaces and the Hospice Program has 26 spaces.) The Site Administrator collaborates with other members of the management team in order to obtain information, plan and evaluate resident care programs, develop financial strategies, and provide relevant operating information for the development of priorities and policies.
The responsibilities of the Site Administrator are focused on Leadership and the Four Pillars of Care and Service:
- The Site Administrator promotes Covenant’s Mission, Vision and Values to ensure that residents reach desired goals
- Exemplify the mission and values of Covenant Care while efficiently coordinating the site operations
- Demonstrates a participative and collaborative approach to management; empowers team members to work within the parameters of their profession and the job descriptions of Covenant Care
- Be visible and available to family members and residents to promote ongoing communication and enhanced resident care
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of innovative programs and services in alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives
- Enhance capacity and effectiveness in advocating for residents to claim their voice
- Provide a voice and advocate for system improvement and transformation
- Contribute and share expertise with other programs and agencies throughout the zone and province
- Where required, represents Covenant Care in the community, participates on external committees as required
People and Team
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service and professionalism
- Foster and build productive and positive working environments for internal/external partners and volunteers to ensure an integrated approach to the delivery of care and services
- Support the effective operation of Resident and Family Councils /Occupational Health & Safety /Employee Management Advisory Committee and Employee/ Employer relations.
- Monitor workload as well as daily, weekly, monthly records and statistics deemed essential to the operation of the program areas and for future planning.
- Ensure the employment of qualified staff who will receive proper orientation, education and training as per position and provided with opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Complete or delegate performance appraisals of staff members on probation, annually and when required
- Manage investigation and disciplinary processes as required in partnership with Human Resources
Access and Flow
- Ensure services and activities are in compliance with governance structures and legislation, contract agreements and policies and procedures in relation to access and flow
- Monitor and ensures resident occupancy metrics are met and or barriers identified and addressed as required from a systems perspective
- Take administrative call on a rotating basis to respond to urgent staff and resident needs after hours
- Provide tours of the site to the community members as needed or delegates as appropriate
Quality and Safety
- Lead the development of innovative services that reflect the choices of the residents and clients. To be highly collaborative in our approach and with our partners in advancing safety and quality to provide excellence in care and service
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards and government regulations, maintains current knowledge of trends and changes in the industry
- Ensure site compliance to the policies of Covenant Care and identifies policy gap/requirements to management
- Monitor and investigate incident reports and manages resident and/or family complaints and brings unresolved or critical incidences to the attention of the Resident Experience Director
- Lead, monitor and participate in Quality Improvement and Risk Management activities, ensures the completion of information/ practice /data /reports for the Covenant Care Leadership regarding trends in key clinical and safety areas
Stewardship and Efficiency
- Support research and education and ensures research opportunities are pursued
- Establish, implement, and monitor goals and objectives in co-ordination with all other departments and services in the organization.
- Ensure fiscal duties and human resources administration are consistently managed
- Implement and monitor all aspects of the site budget
- In partnership with the finance team contributes to annual budget development, understand the sites monetary requirements for programming, personal and equipment. Ensures compliance with this budget
- Maintain a working knowledge of all contracts in place within the programs and applies these in accordance with Covenant Care principles in addition to participating in contract negotiations
- Join a mission-driven organization, that focuses on creating a place where everyone belongs, feels welcomed and supported
- An all-inclusive organization that is committed to innovative approaches to supporting seniors in a caring community where they can thrive
- Be a part of making a difference
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Successfully lead the four pillars of care: People & Teams, Access & Flow, Quality & Safety and Stewardship & Efficiency
- Ensure cohesiveness, brand and practice consistency is present in both St. Marguerite Manor and Holy Cross Manor locations
- Lead from a resident-centered approach
- Foster empowerment and create appropriate development and career pathways for the Resident Care Managers
- Gain buy-in and followership with all staff at both St. Marguerite Manor and Holy Cross Manor locations
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in healthcare or a related field with a master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of leadership/management experience in a healthcare related setting
- Experience with leading all facets of human resources and financial accountability
- Experience leading a unionized environment and have participated in bargaining negotiations
- Flexibility to travel for meetings and for operational requirements as required
Competencies and Attributes
- Personal commitment to the Mission and Values of the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Ability to communicate and articulate clearly and effectively, resulting in sound understanding of issues, needs, requirements and possible solutions in accordance with Covenant policies and procedures and with applicable legislation
- Caring active listener who demonstrates empathy and an understanding and appreciation of others’ views
- Proven ability to build and maintain interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to use excellent professional judgment and to act as a mentor, leader and role model to all staff
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task are also required
- Knowledge of all safety programs to prevent accidents and eliminate hazards on the site. As well, to facilitate the promotion and adherence to safety procedures and the ability to ensure safety in all aspects of operations
- The ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of all resident, family and staff information is essential
- An innovative, energetic, compassionate and warm “people person”
- Possess a high level of patience and understanding
- Innovative, strategic thinker who can deal with the issues of the day while, at the same time, is able to see the big picture
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AKBI-188841 Site Administrator- Covenant Care - AB - Calgary (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.