Sheridan Nurseries- Store Manager
Job Title: Store Manager – Mississauga Garden Centre
Reports to:Vice President, Garden Centre Operations
2 Assistant Retail Managers; Assistant Warehouse Manager
25 Permanent Employees; Approximately 100 Seasonal hires
Location: Mississauga, ON
This management position is responsible for the operation of the Mississauga store. The Store Manager reports directly to the Vice President, Garden Centre Operations and is accountable for the financial success of the store, the performance of the staff, execution of the marketing plan and the presentation of the facilities.
- Manages the daily operations of the store, drives sales, gross margin and profit and is accountable for overall store performance.
- Responsible for all labour forecasting, employee development, human resources, equipment and facility maintenance, and enforcement of Sheridan Nurseries’ policies and standards at the store level.
- Exceeds expectations in all areas to ensure the highest quality shopping experience by going above and beyond for each of our guests.
- Develops talent by providing frequent and comprehensive performance feedback, identifying high-potential employees and offering challenging assignments as part of their retention, succession planning and development.
- Provides exemplary leadership-by-example, demonstrating corporate standards of excellence and holding staff accountable.
- Leads the team in all aspects of store readiness and cleanliness, control of assets, health and safety practices and directives, and ensures compliance with all policies and standard operating procedures.
- Sets clear direction and communicates consistent priorities with regular follow up.
- Inspires and guides the team to reach goals and achieve objectives; leverages and assigns resources to meet these goals.
- Creates a disciplined culture focused on excellence in execution.
- Communicates and drives strategic initiatives in all retail, B2B and Professional Supply channels at the store level.
- Must be prepared to lead our corporate initiatives and marketing programs both in-store and in the community.
- Ensures asset protection and supply control contributing to profit and loss management and loss prevention.
- Takes personal accountability for individual results and team decisions.
- Fosters a deep connection between the team and the brand.
- Utilizes feedback from the team and our guests to influence changes that enhance the overall customer experience.
- Strives to promote the best interests of Sheridan Nurseries consistently in all aspects of the business.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years retail experience required; horticultural experience an asset.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of repeatedly achieving long term strategic sales targets and service goals.
- Experience in preparing budgets and business plans as well as the ability to read and interpret financial statement and reports.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate employees.
- Big picture thinker with an eye for details and a passion for sales and upholding an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong leader that drives results, develops talent and exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities, making decisions and exercising best judgement.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Committed to continually maintaining and expanding personal product knowledge.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Ability to balance growth and tradition.
- The candidate will work days, evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AFMP-602532 Sheridan Nurseries- Store Manager - ON - Mississauga (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.