Senior Vice President, Sales
Our client is a sizeable services company serving commercial, industrial and institutional sectors. They are repeatedly recognized as part of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
Job Title: Senior Vice President, Sales
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Toronto, ON
The markets in which our client operates are dynamic, rapidly changing and highly competitive business environments, offering many opportunities for growth, investment and development of business models. This role must develop a close partnership with the senior executive to drive front-end customer strategies, involving customers in the design of solutions. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing strategic sales leadership to ensure that our client achieves profitable revenue growth, continues to increase market share, develops new solution selling competencies, and builds a sustainable industry leadership position in its chosen markets. Experience with selling enterprise level, complex professional service-oriented solutions is a plus.
The Senior Vice President, Sales will be primarily externally focused on and will be tasked with properly defining and positioning our client and their solutions.
The successful candidate will have considerable and meaningful experience in the following primary market segments: industrial, commercial, institutional buildings, health care and education, with demonstrated sales management success in goal achievement and a vision of future sales. This individual will be able to readily understand and translate our client’s business goals into strategic sales initiatives, including sales training, business opportunity analysis, pre- and post-sale services, solution selling, and customer-driven feedback. The successful candidate must be able to focus, motivate and lead sales resources effectively in successfully executing against these plans. The successful candidate will provide strong, proactive leadership and senior management level experience, including the ability to foster a positive business climate and motivate employees, functioning as an effective advocate and architect for growth. This individual will exhibit enthusiasm, zeal and a strong business ethics based on honesty and integrity.
Scope: Senior Vice President, Sales will lead a team which includes specialized sales teams (meeting the complete needs of industrial, commercial, institutional buildings, health care and education).
Specific Duties: The successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership and direction that results in creating new strategic business relationships while expanding established major accounts. Within this context, the successful candidate will:
- Establish and achieve growth-oriented revenue goals and objectives
- Lead formulation of the overall sales plan
- Lead and develop the Sales team to support sales strategies and to deliver exceptional, profitable sales growth and results. Recommend, obtain buy-in and implement any changes needed to align the organization with the overall strategy
- Develop and implement sales training tools and processes, including tactical pricing models and business opportunity analysis models
- Track, manage and communicate sales forecasts and results
- Create a winning atmosphere by effectively communicating the sales and marketing strategy to all constituencies throughout the organization
- Determine and implement the most appropriate sales market structures to achieve revenue goals, secure new business opportunities and win customers
- Develop strong ties with key customers and key accounts and be proactive in understanding the trends and issues likely to impact the market
- Drive the implementation of front end customer strategies, including identifying and involving key customers in product development
- Advise the Chief Marketing and Sales Officer and other members of the senior management team on sales directions, competitors and market trends, including technology trends
- Foster enterprise-wide thinking to bring organizational objectives in line with market needs
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and implement innovative incentive programs which align individual and sales team compensation with company goals and plans
Specific, Near-Term Objectives:
- Meet or exceed sales quotas
- Confirm, communicate and implement sales goals and strategies for the sales force, and review and update sales strategies
- Assess sales management and staff to ensure effective leadership, and appropriate staffing, structure, skill sets and training to meet aggressive sales goals and evolving business needs
- Create and sustain effective collaborative partnerships with all Department Heads and Chief Marketing and Sales Officer
- Drive full implementation of sales force, improving the accuracy and completeness of data to enable the company to achieve improved sales effectiveness and to support the achievement of sales goals
- Complete thorough market analysis to improve product positioning and to increase the effectiveness of the sales team
The successful candidate will have the following:
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of Sales experience and 10+ years of successful sales management experience
- Candidates must have a proven track record of developing and effectively implementing sales strategies, business plans, forecasts and budgets, and achieving sales results
- Candidates must have hands-on experience in recruiting and leading a world-class sales organization
- Candidates must have proven organizational design and process skills and be capable of reorienting or changing the sales organization to optimize market conditions, serve new types of customers, and support and service new delivery models
- Candidates must have experience in establishing and building strong collaborative business partnerships within complex organizations
- Candidates must have experience in creating and sustaining strong profitability and business results within a successful organization in the industrial, commercial and institutional industry
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASDJ-801278 Senior Vice President, Sales - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.