Senior Vice President, Operations – PFB Corporation Plasti Fab Business Unit
PFB Corporation has been successfully contributing to the construction industry in North America for the past 50 years. Through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of proprietary insulating building products that are based on expanded polystyrene (EPS) technology. Our integrated products portfolio is the foundation for achieving our objectives of creating shareholder value through growth in earnings per share, through revenue growth and through consistently strong return-on-capital performance.
Our core business is to manufacture building insulation and insulating building products in fourteen locations in Canada and the United States that employ approximately 400 employees. We are the only vertically integrated EPS company in North America; which as a consequence, provides us with technical expertise positioning us in a unique leadership position in the EPS industry.
With over 50 years of industry experience, PFB is committed to delivering customers its brand promise of “Quality, Service and Expertise”. Recognized as a leader in the North American EPS industry, PFB provides technical expertise to assist customers in making the right product choice for their applications. PFB is committed to continuously developing new products and applications.
For more information, visit https://www.pfbcorp.com/
Job Title: Senior Vice President, Operations
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports :6
Indirect Reports: 300 – 325
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Vice President, Operations will have complete over sight and responsibility for the profitability of PFB Corporation’s largest business unit, Plasti-Fab. All branch assets, production processes, sales and marketing activities related to the business unit including compliance with all laws and regulations including environmentally safe and compliant practices. As a strong organizational leader, the Vice President, Operations will empower others, influence change in a collaborative manner, actively engage the organization in business process improvements, and work across the organization to deliver established goals and objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
- As a member of the PFB Executive Committee, the Senior Vice President, Operations has complete responsibility for profitable operations of the Plasti-Fab business unit
- Ensure that the Plasti-Fab unit operates in accordance with all PFB Corporation policies
- Overall responsibility for Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing and Logistics and bottom line profitability for the Plasti-Fab business unit
- Direct oversight for key customer relationships, corporate and regional sales and marketing activities and direction, brand positioning, market pricing, technical marketing efforts, product development and overall industry representation related to the Plasti-Fab business unit
- Oversight of all manufacturing locations, all plant assets, overall safety, logistics and employee retention, development
- Responsibilities include the development and defense of the Plasti-Fab brand identity and associated intellectual property
- Monitoring customer, vendor and employee relations and resolving any internal and external conflicts
- Drive a culture focused on operational excellence, flawless manufacturing execution and on time delivery.
- Ensure that all products sold by the Division are of quality and safety standards compliant with pertinent legislation and by appropriate standards authorities. That products sold are not in conflict with established patents, licensing agreements and trademarks to which the company has no rights
- Ensure that hiring, supervision and termination of all employees of the unit is in compliance with all PFB policies, labour legislation, labour agreements, and safety procedures
Leadership and People Strategies:
- Responsible for the development of a strong team including the creation and execution of the operations strategy for the Plasti-Fab business unit
- Provide leadership and support to ensure that employee development and continuous improvement opportunities are top of mind with manufacturing, sales and support staff
- Promote professional development within a team environment ensuring staff are held accountable and have the ability to be successful
- Execute annual performance reviews on direct reports and ensure that the performance review process is implemented throughout the Plasti-Fab business segment
- Recruit, manage and mentor the operations staff, build strong teams and develop a succession plan
- Celebrate team successes and promote a positive corporate culture, both in the office and in the field
- PFB is a stable well managed organization that has built a solid reputation in the construction industry over the past 50 years. Although they have solidified their customer base and identity, they value external influence that this individual will bring to this role
- PFB is a financially strong company, a market leader and as such well positioned to focus on future growth.
- As a member of the executive team the Senior Vice President, Operations will play a crucial role in the creation and implementation of Plasti-Fab’s strategic direction moving forward
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Learn the intricacies of our business and our manufacturing process. Who are our customers? What is our competitive advantage?
- Develop an understanding of our customers, regions, brands, market dynamics, pricing and the cyclical nature of our business. Work with our sales team to develop KPI’s and short-term \ long-term sales targets
- Develop productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders crucial to our business
- Visit and laisse with regional Operational leaders, Sales Managers and associated teams at our various regions and manufacturing locations in Canada and the US to build rapport and look for opportunities for continuous improvement
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years proven operational leadership experience in the construction or construction product supply industries
- Significant construction industry experience including demonstrated ability to profitably manage multiple site operations and multiple product lines
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit complemented by the ability to anticipate change and to effectively respond to this change
- Comfortable and experienced in building, leading, motivating and retaining a team of sales and manufacturing personnel
- A recognized strategic thinker who can deal with the issues of the day while at the same time being able to clearly see the “big picture”
- Track record of leading a strong team towards accomplishing corporate strategic objectives
- Experience championing change management initiatives including the ability to deal with cultural shifts
Competencies and Attributes:
- A high level of integrity and ethics coupled with ambition, drive and a high customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal/written communication, combined with the ability to interact and gain the support of senior management and other decision makers
- Strong organizational and time management skills, handling multiple job priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring, and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit who leads by example
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- A person of high integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments
- Results-driven and career focused individual, who thrives on the success and growth of the company and culture
- Strong morals and ethics along with a commitment to privacy and confidentiality
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AHAK-555378 Senior Vice President, Operations – PFB Corporation Plasti Fab Business Unit - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.