Senior Vice President, Canada – Rothsay
Darling Ingredients is a global leader in providing natural and sustainable ingredient solutions for the food, feed and fuel sectors. By reclaiming essential bio-nutrients from meat by-products, Darling successfully markets products on an international scale to the pharmaceutical, food, animal feed, pet food, biofuel, sports nutrition, wellness and cosmetic industries. In Canada, Darling conducts business as Rothsay with six processing facilities, employing 550 employees across the country. The company is committed to environmental sustainability, superior quality and excellent customer service.
Job Title: Senior Vice President, Canada
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: 4
Indirect Reports: 1
Reporting to the CEO of Darling Ingredients Inc., the Senior Vice President, Canada, will be responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Canadian business unit, including P&L, mentoring and developing teams, setting longer-term strategy and executing on day-to-day business deliverables. As a member of the Darling Ingredients Senior Leadership Team, the SVP, Canada will also gain exposure to the Board of Directors and work collaboratively with the Senior Executive of Darling Ingredients Inc.
As SVP, the successful candidate will possess the ability to develop, foster and manage relationships with industry, government and customer contacts, as well as developing collaborative relationships within the larger organization. Critical to success in this role will be the incumbent’s critical thinking skills, flexible and adaptable leadership style, ability to make informed decisions, strong business acumen and intrinsic motivation.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in the meat and/or feed/agricultural industries and have a proven track record of delivering results, managing multiple facilities and P&Ls, and successfully leading cross-functional teams to high performance. This position will be based in Cambridge, Ontario with frequent travel required within North America.
- Oversees all commercial and operational activities in a safe and reliable manner which includes leading teams to seek growth, increased efficiencies and resolve facility and operational issues within Rothsay
- Develops strategic direction and leads all functional teams in the development of associated tactical plans while ensuring corporate alignment
- Directs and coordinates all activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives
- Deliver on financial expectations through monthly review of performance and results while also overseeing the development of budget and capital plans
- Promote a culture of safety, transparency and integrity through open communication and regular dialogue through all levels of the business
- Collaboratively promote and foster relationships between Rothsay and Darling Ingredients teams to help meet business goals
- Engage trade associations and proactively interact with related industries on a regular basis
- Ensure Rothsay operates lawfully, according to company policies and procedures and within regulatory compliance
- Lead the executive team while also providing direction, coaching and mentoring to all levels of leadership
- Review, provide guidance and take the lead in contract negotiations with customer and suppliers as required
CANDIDATE PROFILE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or engineering coupled with a minimum of 15 years in progressive leadership and senior management roles
- Depth of experience and exhibited impact within a food/feed or agricultural setting. Rendering experience considered a definite asset
- Multi-site leadership experience which includes P&L and margin management acumen
- Established network of relationships within industry and government
- Exceptional and adaptable leadership skills which include the ability to communicate vision, set direction, as well as inspire, motivate and mentor a cross-functional team.
- Ability to build, convincingly communicate and execute strategic and operational plans for a national, multi-site operation
- Advanced oral and written communication. Able to adapt messaging to all employment levels and to executive leadership teams
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing financial reports, developing budgets and forecasts and exhibiting a strong commercial acumen
- Adaptable and flexible disposition. Ability to thrive in a constantly changing and complex environment
- Self-aware, self-motivated, self-confident individual who is comfortable operating with minimal direction and who thrives in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation
- Able to engender trust and respect as a manager of people with a priority for the development of staff. A capability builder at both the organizational level as well as the individual level
- Bilingual English/French an asset
- Able to accommodate relatively heavy travel schedule, primarily within North America
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AQEG-574588 Senior Vice President, Canada – Rothsay - ON - Cambridge / Greater Toronto Area West (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.