Senior Project Manager | CDSPI
Established in 1959, CDSPI is a not-for-profit company, whose members are the Canadian Dental Association, and participating provincial and territorial dental associations. The organization provides advisory insurance and investment services tailored to meet the changing needs and enhance the financial wellness of dentists at every stage, from dental school to retirement and beyond.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the execution of corporate and departmental initiatives, working with key stakeholders across the organization, including the Executive Team. This is a high-profile role that requires careful consideration of business change management and strong relationship management skills.
You are client focused, dynamic, flexible, and enjoy a good challenge. You know how to lead your projects with a collaborative, collegial and respectful attitude. You are organized, detail oriented and can effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities. You are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment, adapting quickly to new priorities.
You have experience leading business teams through change, engaging with them and respecting their expertise. You are also technically savvy and able to work closely and collaboratively with the technology and digital solutions team.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Actively champion and implement best practices within both traditional and Agile frameworks to drive better project planning, execution, project prioritization and change management
- Develop project plans that effectively align scope, time, and capacity across resources
- Coach team members on project management best practices
- Integrate change management and communication into all aspects of project planning
- Engage project stakeholders and communicate project updates effectively to ensure buy in and project success
- Provide clear direction and motivation to cross functional project teams
- Prepare needs analysis and business requirements, understanding the complexities within a project
- Manage the completion of tasks against defined schedules, costs, resources, scope and quality expectations
- Monitor all project results for significant deviations and ensure development of contingency plans where necessary
- Successfully manage project changes, risks, issues and actions, and escalate as required
- Demonstrate leadership, influencing, and facilitation skills to resolve issues effectively and constructively
- Ensure effective project communication at all levels of the organization
- Conduct project debriefs and apply lessons learned
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Business or Marketing
- PMP or Certification from a project management program.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience leading and managing projects
- Sound knowledge of project management techniques, tools and methodologies
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies preferred
- Experience in financial services would be an asset
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to understand and communicate the broader picture to all stakeholders and demonstrate an understanding of stakeholder interests (both business and technical)
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize wide range of tasks
- Ability to apply judgment and business knowledge to current situations
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven effective relationship skills with demonstrated ability to influence others successfully
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision
- Comfortable with quickly changing priorities and a high level of adaptability and flexibility
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: HRCCCanada.GBS.TorontoES@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASGR-254270 Senior Project Manager | CDSPI - ON - North York (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.