Senior Gearing / Powertrain Engineer – NAMCO Machine & Gear Works Ltd.
NAMCO Machine & Gear Works Ltd. (“NAMCO”) is an Edmonton based, family owned organization. Through dedication, hard work, and prudent financial planning, NAMCO has grown to become an industry leader in the mechanical power transmission world.
NAMCO was founded in 1976 to meet the demand for higher quality and faster deliveries of precision machined powertrain and gear components and products. NAMCO’s depth of experience and extensive general machining capabilities combined with in house professional engineering services allows them to be an industry leader in a variety of market segments. Maintaining strong personal relationships and delivering excellent customer satisfaction has been key to their long-term growth and success. NAMCO’s original facility was 2,200 square feet and today they occupy over 60,000 square feet.
NAMCO has been committed to excellence in manufacturing for over 44 years, and intends to carry on its commitment to quality, innovation, honesty, and growth well into the future. The team’s dedication to NAMCO’s vision, coupled with its business, machining, gearing, and engineering expertise, ensures that NAMCO’s customers receive quality products and outstanding, ethical service. The entire management team is dedicated to these values and committed to building the best products and relationships in the industry.
NAMCO’s mission is to be a technologically advanced engineering and manufacturing company, that builds the best possible quality geared products, and to be the vendor of choice for all mechanical power transmission needs of our clients and target customers.
- To create measurable results for clients by applying only the most innovative production methods; and
- To be a dynamic, client focused organization oriented towards growth and recognized for excellence.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards in our interactions with each other and with our customers, suppliers, partners, and the community;
- Provide recognition and reward based upon ideas, contributions and efforts that create a positive impact in our manufacturing and assembly processes;
- Maintain a working environment that is positively energized, safe and clean; and
- Commit to on-going progressive learning, technological advancement and fiscally responsible growth so that we may continue to improve upon our traditions of quality and innovation.
For more information on NAMCO, please visit: https://www.namco.ca/index.html.
|Job Title:||Senior Gearing / Powertrain Engineer|
|Reports to:||Engineer Manager|
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, NAMCO is seeking a Senior Gearing / Powertrain Engineer to join their team. The Senior Gearing / Powertrain Engineer will need to have a deep understanding of the services and products that NAMCO offers. The successful candidate will be confident in their own capabilities and will come with a high-level understanding of the engineering and manufacturing of powertrain products. The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering design processes by delivering on powertrain solutions, defining problems, analyzing criteria, and finding solutions for NAMCO’s customers.
- Demonstrate decision making confidence relying on own expertise and experience balanced with a collaborative approach to problem solving with the engineering team.
- Develop new designs and build high quality products offerings for NAMCO’s customers;
- Bring new ideas and methods, both in the engineering design and manufacturing process, to NAMCO’s engineering team modeling the spirit of continuous improvement and innovation;
- Engage with customers to understand their unique requirements and designs needed for custom products;
- Ensure continued innovation and learning through the active involvement of servicing products from other manufactures;
- Monitor projects from conception to completion remaining active throughout the process of building of NAMCO products; and
- Employees have a strong work ethic and take pride in being the best in their industry;
- NAMCO retains its’ employees for an average of 15 years or more – this long-term retention of staff allows them to be confident in each and every product and component that leaves their facility;
- NAMCO is in a strong position to continue carrying on its track record of success and growth;
- NAMCO recognizes and rewards employee ideas, contributions and efforts that create a positive impact in their manufacturing and assembly processes;
- NAMCO upholds the highest ethical standards in their interactions with each other and with customers, suppliers, partners, and the community; and
- Recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build trusting, collaborative and respectful relations throughout the organization with employees, management, suppliers, partners and customers;
- Develop a deep understanding of existing designs and products;
- Confidently lead the development of products in alignment with NAMCO standards for excellence; and
- Leads the team by confidently making product decisions during times of high stress.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Professional Engineering designation required;
- Additional Mathematics, Physics or Design, an asset; and
- Relevant certifications, registrations and licenses may be required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in powertrain design engineering;
- Proven history of being a “hands-on” engineer, engaged in the building of products;
- Experience with KissSoft, MDesign LVR, UTS, SolidWorks, Ansys FEA Software, AutoCAD, gearing test scan software and MS Office software (or equivalent); and
- Strong knowledge of the American Gear Manufacturing Association, DIN (German institute for standardization), and ISO Standards.
Competencies and Attributes
- Achievement: Drives to work towards a standard of excellence.
- Analytical Thinking: Uses various analytical techniques to break complex problems into component parts to make strong decisions on behalf of business.
- Communication: Great written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Commitment: Invests with an attitude of sincere and dedicated focus to NAMCO.
- Confident Decision Maker: Considers the risk associated with each option using experience to make a solid confident decision. Trusts own expertise, experience and knowledge in decision making. Readily shares opinions with confidence to executive leadership team to pursue continuous innovation and excellence.
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. Delivers customer centric solutions.
- Drives Results: Infuses the team and organization with a sense of urgency. Actively participates in a culture where organizational performance is top of mind.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Demonstrates approach to thinking that actively seeks out, rather than waiting to adapt to, change. Display curious mindset, asks critical questions, innovates and pursues continuous improvement.
- Forward Strategic Thinker: Stays abreast of the best practices, new trends and technology to provide strategic direction and make informed recommendations.
- Teamwork: Works to build commitment. Builds commitment to a common vision and shared values. Uses the team dynamics to create an open and constructively critical group that pushes the development of each individual.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANNL-435817 Senior Gearing / Powertrain Engineer – NAMCO Machine & Gear Works Ltd. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.