Senior Manager, Recruitment – Finning Canada
Finning Canada (“Finning”), a division of Finning International Inc., the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer delivering unrivalled service for over 80 years. They sell, rent and provide parts and service for equipment and engines to customers in various industries, including mining, construction, petroleum, forestry and a wide range of power systems applications across British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, Northwest Territories and a portion of Nunavut.
Since 1933, when Finning was first established in Canada by Earl B. Finning, their name has conveyed integrity, reliability and resourcefulness. Over the years, the company has grown as a result of genuine commitment to earning customer loyalty.
With Finning’s broad product support infrastructure and unmatched service capabilities, they deliver solutions that enable customers to achieve the lowest equipment owning and operating costs while maximizing uptime.
Finning International Inc.
A publicly traded company (TSX:FTT), Finning International Inc. is the world’s largest Caterpillar equipment dealer delivering unrivalled service to customers in three main geographies – Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland, and South America. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Finning International employs approximately 12,000 people worldwide. With revenue of $6.3 billion in 2017, the Company continues to invest in its business by taking advantage of opportunities that support its future growth strategies.
For further information about Finning Canada and Finning International, please visit their website at: www.finning.ca and www.finning.com.
SENIOR MANAGER, RECRUITMENT
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources – Finning Canada
Direct Reports: 3
Indirect Reports: 7
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Senior Manager, Recruitment will be a key member of the senior HR leadership team for Finning Canada. This role will be accountable for the development and implementation of all talent acquisition processes and recruitment strategies. The Senior Manager, Recruitment will drive to attract and retain the top talent necessary to execute upon Finning Canada’s vision.
This role will focus on the continuous improvement and innovation of the Canadian talent acquisition process in order to enable Finning (Canada) to be best in class. Critical focus will be on leveraging Finning’s brand to enable a continuous supply of top talent while enhancing the candidate experience. This individual will lead the Talent Acquisition and Recruitment team and work directly with our internal leadership and Executive team.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead with an operational focus, setting strategy, objectives and key performance metrics;
- Establish operational objectives for the department including work plans and delegating assignments to the team;
- Lead a team that develops sourcing strategies and recruitment plans, presents pre-qualified top candidates to hiring managers, develops/negotiates offers with candidates and creates and facilitates the onboarding experience for all new hires;
- Build and develop with the Marketing team Finning Canada’s talent brand;
- Facilitate strategic Regional workforce planning with stakeholders to identify skill, capability and roles required to support Regional short and mid-range goals/objectives;
- Collaborate directly with Regional executives, senior leaders and key internal stakeholders on workforce planning and staffing needs;
- Work closely with Finning’s Talent Management team to link recruitment activities to succession and talent development strategies by identifying and capitalizing on key opportunities to mobilize internal key talent and attract external candidates;
- Design and develop creative talent acquisition strategies and proactively build an ongoing pipeline of qualified candidates to ensure future talent needs are met;
- Identify and leverage social networking and other cutting-edge recruiting technologies and tools to connect with a broad and diverse talent network;
- Identify relevant key performance indicators to monitor programs and their performance;
- Tracks key Talent Acquisition metrics, including lead and lag measures to ensure the team achieves results and will be accountable for Executive dashboards and monthly updates;
- Act as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policy and long-term goals of the department(s);
- Participate in budget preparation and has financial accountability for assigned areas and projects;
- Prepares department(s) budgets and recommends for approval;
- Promote an environment of creativity and innovation focused on useable improvements, as well as breakthroughs that support the organization’s mission and further its vision;
- Champion implementation of approaches that improve Talent Acquisition processes, approaches, tools and outcomes;
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining talent market expertise including a comprehensive view of industry trends and competitors;
- Provide expertise in market insights, talent landscape and an understanding of talent needs to assist in developing company growth plans and forecast; and
- Design and manage a high-volume, full-lifecycle recruiting process in a complex unionized workforce that offers a positive candidate experience from first contact through to onboarding (first 90 days).
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve; this heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions
- Commercial Mindset: Understanding the business and paying attention to business problems (complex and less complex) from all angles; applying knowledge of the business and marketplace to negotiate and structure interactions; not only understanding key financial and commercial fundamentals, but more importantly how to incorporate a commercial mindset into every major decision made
- Decision Quality: Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement; making quality decisions while working in an environment where ambiguity and uncertainty are the norm
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need – new and improved products, services, solutions and experiences; taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view; embrace the mindset that you and Finning are never done, never satisfied and never standing still
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organization with a sense of urgency; creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind; communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Finning
- Develops Talent: Developing a team to meet both their career goals and Finning’s goals; creating pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed
- Situational Adaptability: Paying attention to circumstances and adjusting accordingly; being able to recognize the need to be flexible and act differently because no two situations are exactly alike; the outcome will be ease of transaction and effectiveness of interaction
- Courage: Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action; meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them; saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Identify and build process improvement roadmap to enhance recruitment effectiveness;
- Conduct and implement proactive workforce planning;
- Show expert level knowledge of Finning, its values, and its business;
- Be entrepreneurial and innovative in approach to recruitment and talent attraction/retention; and
- Optimize the department’s use of ATS/HRIS tools
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree from a recognized institution in a disciple related to business or HR Management;
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience in a progressive, fast-paced environment with a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience preferably within the recruitment function;
- Strong working knowledge of ATS, HRIS; Workday would be preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in utilization of key social recruiting platforms such as LinkedIn and Indeed;
- Current knowledge of Human Resources best practices, emerging issues and legislation;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint); and
- Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining KPIs and reporting and providing various workforce metrics as it relates to new hires, retention, turnover, sources of hire, etc.
- Superior leadership and influencing skills and the ability to drive strong talent outcomes across the organization;
- Proven ability to lead a recruitment team;
- Superb planning and an ability to execute complex initiatives and lead multiple projects;
- Strong client relationship skills, including proficiency in prioritizing critical client issues and managing workflows;
- Strong vision, understanding and design of recruitment marketing strategies;
- Ability and willingness to be both strategic and tactical; and
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANAH-027055 Senior Manager, Recruitment – Finning Canada - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.