Senior Human Resources Business Partner – Alberta Investment Management Corporation
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with approximately $100 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans. Their culture is defined by their core values: Excellence, Transparency, Humility, Integrity, and Collaboration, along with their vision “Enriching the lives of Albertans by building prosperity, security, and opportunity across generations”.
AIMCo seeks to be a destination organization, attracting individuals with widely varying work experience from across North America and around the globe. With more than forty languages spoken and a majority of the world’s cultures represented, AIMCo is a truly global corporation. They employ those worldly insights to make the best investment decisions for their clients, bringing local knowledge to the most far reaching opportunities for their clients.
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is an experienced HR consultant on strategic people and organization related topics. The Senior HRBP is a thought leader and change champion, contributing to the enhancement of talent management and leadership capabilities. The incumbent will be the primary lead on day-to-day matters for their respective client base. The role is critical in executing the AIMCo People Plan and is focused on expanding the organization’s reputation as a high performing leader in the industry.
- Acts as a trusted advisor on all strategic people and organizational related topics. Areas of focus include talent acquisition, retention, organizational development & effectiveness, business transformation as well as leadership development/coaching & people sustainability;
- Possesses the “know how” to bring the full HR services/programs portfolio to the client to assist with their HR related business challenges;
- Partners with division leaders and managers in developing and executing short and long-term HR strategies that directly support AIMCo’s Key Success Drivers;
- Influences and advises on the people strategy to the given business unit in alignment with corporate and HR objectives and for leading and managing assigned projects;
- Delivers outcomes of assigned topics/projects with an eye for detail and high customer-focus;
- Works independently on large, complex topics while setting priorities having sole responsibility;
- Develops and implements creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for assigned client groups;
- Administers employee relation matters, in addition to acting as a coach to employees and managers in highly sensitive, confidential or complex situations including leading and conducting investigations as required;
- Provides performance management guidance to managers and employees including career development counselling, coaching, and facilitating Performance Improvement Planning sessions; and
- Consistently coaches and mentors managers on effective leadership development and employee engagement strategies.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Firmly establish themselves as a pro-active trusted advisor to the leadership team with respect to any Human Resource issue;
- Exhibit a high level of business acumen, and demonstration of same via strategic approach to Human Resource programs;
- Take on a leadership role amongst the Human Resources team in supporting consistency and next-level thinking, particularly in relation to work force planning and succession planning initiatives; and
- Elevate the level of engagement with the Human Resources team and an increased level of trust in the strategic contribution of the function.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, or equivalent.
- 10+ years in human resources, including at least 5 years in a Senior Business Partner/Manager capacity;
- Experience partnering with managers and HR colleagues to find creative and innovative solutions for complex HR/business challenges;
- Working knowledge of provincial Employment Standards, Human Rights legislation, and Occupational Health & Safety;
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills;
- Experienced in conducting investigations and determining root cause; and
- Possess strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with particular emphasis on leadership, facilitation, change management, and relationship building;
- Superior communication style that balances succinctness, clarity and finesse;
- Ability to be part of and lead a high performing team;
- Hands-on working leader with detail orientation;
- High intellect combined with emotional intelligence;
- Superior business acumen and strategic orientation;
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Possesses a sense of urgency with a result focus and decisive leadership style; and
- Strength of character and presence with the ability to gain the respect of and influence both the executive leadership team and employees at large.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AIOA-645181 Senior Human Resources Business Partner – Alberta Investment Management Corporation - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.