Senior Finance Manager – Simply Good Foods Canada
Simply Good Foods Canada (formerly known as Wellness Foods) is a wholly own subsidiary of the fast-growing, publicly traded, Simply Good Foods Company, that recently completed the acquisition of Quest Nutritionals Inc.
Simply Good Foods Canada is a leader in the wellness / natural foods space that established its roots in health food stores around Toronto starting in 2002 with a proud and loyal consumer base of the SimplyProtein® brand. The Company has experienced significant double-digit growth since then, including the addition of the Quest® and Atkins® brands, yet it has remained dedicated to what its brands stand for. That strong growth has continued and today Simply Good Foods’ brands can be found in Costco, Loblaws, Walmart, Bulk Barn, Sobeys, Metro, Whole Foods and many additional stores across Canada and the US.
What makes Simply Good Foods Canda a great and fun place to work at? First and foremost, we prioritize investing in our people and our culture and believe that they are foundational to our success. Within the larger Simply Good Foods family, we are recognized as the experts of the Canadian business as well as the SimplyProtein® North American business and are entrusted with the autonomy to make the right decisions for our company and our brands. We are a young, energetic team who like to work hard and play hard. We have tons of team events and our office is located right downtown at Adelaide & Spadina, close to transit, lots of great restaurants, and a cool downtown vibe. We have competitive bonuses, RSP matching, flexible working hours, and tons of office snacks every single day!
We are a small, dedicated and agile team that will support you in learning as well as help you develop a successful career with Simply Good Foods Canada.
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: 1 Direct Report; Plus 1 Part-Time Bookkeeper
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Senior Finance Manager will have a leadership role and will be a member of the management team of Simply Good Foods Canada. This individual will be integral in supporting the business leaders to manage the P&L of the entire Canadian business as well as managing the North American P&L for the SimplyProtein® brand with distribution in Canada and the US.
The Senior Finance Manager will serve as a strategic business partner with broad knowledge of accounting, financial and business principals. This individual will split their time between overseeing and executing all corporate finance/accounting activities and being a sound financial advisor to the business. This individual must have a passion for getting things done and a desire to make an impact in a fast-paced growth environment. They must also be ready to jump in to handle issues as they occur or to evaluate opportunities as they arise.
The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for assessing financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and opportunities. Reporting, analytics and insights created by this role are highly visible and directly support the leadership team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Finance Manager will engage regularly with the broader finance & accounting team of the Simply Good Foods Company as well as other key stakeholders on critical business issues that help shape the way SGFC does business.
- Finance leadership for the Canadian business and oversight to the SimplyProtein® US business.
- Finance & Accounting Oversight: plan, coordinate, execute and provide overall leadership to the company’s day to day accounting operation and financial reporting functions
- Budget & Forecasting: lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process; monitor, forecast and challenge key drivers and assumptions; provide business unit support in budget development including financial modeling and determining allowable spend; identify and understand variances, highlight areas of concern to business partners related to the annual plan and support action plans to mitigate risks
- Direct business partnering: provide financial analysis and guidance on profitability, ROI, pricing, promotional activities, innovation, costs and trade spend and utilize financial expertise to guide decisions and ensure accuracy; advise business partners in financial matters and provide input into business decisions from a financial and strategic business perspective
- Guide the Managing Director on risks and opportunities including synthesizing insights, identifying & mitigate risks, validating assumptions, and being proactive in bringing forth recommendations
- Working with the department leads, help drive operational efficiency, growth opportunities and cost saving strategies within the organization
- Understand the business and systems enough to be able to provide ad hoc analysis, commentary and reporting as requested by senior leaders
- Provide analysis (lead, evaluate, challenge assumptions, compare to benchmarks) and insights for specific projects and business strategies
- Work with the sales teams to assess and provide recommendations to increase customer profitability and help to identify ways to close gaps / meet challenges
- Build strategies to impact future results and initiatives; work with key stakeholders to develop winning strategies while working cross-functionally
- Educate non-finance business partners on the P&L and key financial metrics to help enhance financial performance and ensuring alignment with company strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, or a related field
- A Minimum 5-7 years’ corporate financial experience
- Experience in analyzing business performance, developing financial plans and trade spend management within a Consumer-Packaged Goods environment strongly desired
- Food manufacturing and operations experience preferred
- Public company experience and experience in growth stage company preferred
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in corporate planning and analysis
- Practical experience understanding the link between business issues and P&L/cash flow
- Working knowledge of trade spend management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present financial data clearly and precisely to senior management
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems and the ability to extract/apply information for business advantage
- Knowledge of financial reporting practices for both private and public companies
- Highly proficient in Excel as well as extensive knowledge of common financial reporting tools & software packages
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels across the organization
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully partner with different business units / departments
- Proven analytical skills and ability to communicate with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Ability to think and work independently and complete responsibilities with little supervision; yet works well in team-oriented culture
- High degree of initiative and intellectual curiosity
- A service-oriented individual that continually challenges the status quo and focuses on continuous improvement
- Excellent time management skills, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- A strong work ethic and flexibility to meet dynamic business needs
- Highly organized and business process oriented
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AFQA-750324 Senior Finance Manager – Simply Good Foods Canada - ON - Toronto (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.