Senior Director, Human Resources – Farm Credit Canada
In 1959 Farm Credit Canada (“FCC”) was established as a crown corporation under the Farm Credit Act and today is a self-sustaining crown corporation with a portfolio in excess of $36 billion offering a wide array of products and services to over 100,000 Canadian customers.
FCC is the only Canadian financial institution solely focused on the agriculture value chain. FCC is more than just a bank, beyond lending money, FCC offers creditor insurance, venture capital, farm management software and provides complimentary advisory services, and business management knowledge and training, mental health support and more to their valued producers, suppliers, processors, value-added operators and agri-food operators.
Headquartered out of Regina, FCC employs almost 2000 dedicated staff across 100 offices nationwide. FCC focuses on efforts that support Canadian agriculture, help their customers succeed, give back to communities across the country, create a great employee experience and reduce their environmental impact. They offer meaningful and challenging work with lots of opportunity to grow, learn and develop. Focused on success, employees are passionate about agriculture and committed to the success of their customers and the agricultural industry.
To enhance rural Canada by providing specialized and personalized business and financial services and products to farming operations, including family farms, and to those businesses in rural Canada that are related to farming.
- Act with Integrity:They are ethical and honest. They treat customers, colleagues and all stakeholders with respect.
- Focus on the Customer:They care about their customers, and pride themselves on providing them with an extraordinary experience based on personal relationships, flexibility and industry knowledge.
- Achieve Excellence:They share a commitment to high performance, accountability and efficiency in order to achieve excellence.
- Working Together:They believe in the power of teamwork. Whether delivering service tailored to customer needs or designing solutions to benefit the industry, FCC works together as one team.
- Give back to the Community: They take corporate social responsibility seriously. They believe in giving back to the communities where their customers and employees live and work, striving to reduce their impact on the environment and contributing to the success of the agriculture industry.
For more information on Farm Credit Canada, please visit https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en.html.
|Job Title:||Senior Director, Human Resources|
|Reports to:||Executive Vice-President and Chief Human Resource Officer|
As a member of the Human Resource Leadership Team, the Senior Director, Human Resources (“Sr. Director HR”) will closely collaborate with the Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer (“EVP & CHRO”) and their peers to provide leadership, vision and strategic direction to the organization. With a focus on data analytics and learning experience, the Sr. Director HR will enhance the delivery of data driven HR into the organization while ensuring consistent, comprehensive learning programs are in place for all FCC colleagues.
The Senior Director of Human Resources will champion FCC’s values and culture and will ensure their team is successful in supporting FCC’s team and their customers. The successful candidate will operate with gravitas, humility and a willingness to roll up their sleeves when required.
The Senior Director of Human Resources will provide expertise and leadership to ensure FCC’s future growth and success as they continue to differentiate themselves by providing an unparalleled employee and customer experience.
- In collaboration with the HR Leadership Team, develop the human resources strategic plan bringing expertise relative to data analytics and learning experience;
- Promote enterprise-wide technology solutions and integration opportunities to effectively leverage FCC’s workforce data with ‘Workday’;
- Enhance the use of data analytics to further FCC’s mandate to be a data driven human resources team through the integration of employee and business data, metrics, analytics and reporting;
- Leverage available HR data to identify actional insights and strategic priorities to drive HR investments, talent management decisions and to assess program effectiveness across the organization; and
- Develop and implement a comprehensive organizational learning strategy to equip all FCC employees with the knowledge to effectively carry out their roles and serve our customers.
- Champion FCC’s cultural practices demonstrating “100% accountability, 100% of the time” and model organizational competencies;
- Responsible for coaching, mentoring, leading and managing staff, performance reviews, succession planning and all human resources functions; and
- Manage and develop exceptional internal and external relationships.
Human Resources Leadership:
- Provide senior HR Generalist expertise and oversight with a focus on data driven HR and learning experience;
- Ensure FCC’s offerings stay competitive with other employers, are responsive to changing demographic needs and are cost-effective;
- Provide oversight for the employee life-cycle programs to support the health and wellbeing of the workforce;
- Provide leadership for effective service delivery models and mechanisms in the areas of pension, employee and retirement benefits, relocation, payroll, leave programs, recruitment administration and HR’s workflow coordination;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to create and deploy an aligned and comprehensive learning approach that supports FCC’s knowledge requirements;
- Guide all FCC sponsored learning programs (internal & external) in support of employee development planning; and
- Leverage available technologies and guide future HR investments in support of workforce analytics to identify opportunities for improvement and enhanced employee experience.
- Join an organization that is consistently recognized as a Platinum Best Employer by an international talent management & services firm;
- Serve as a senior member of a very professional, collaborative and high performing HR team;
- Influence the development Human Resources strategy and achievement of organizational goals and future successes; and
- As part of an organization that is incredibility supportive of professional and personal growth, work towards increased scope and accountability within FCC’s HR team.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build trusting, open, collaborative and respectful relationships with employees and continue looking at ways to improve the employee experience;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of FCC’s human resources systems, policies & procedures;
- Support the deployment of a tiered HR service delivery model in line with a data driven human resources approach;
- Develop an Enterprise Learning Strategy that positions FCC as a learning organization, specific activities within the first year include:
- conducting an enterprise-level needs assessment, external research, employee consultation and other activities as required
- clearly articulate and define what is means for FCC to become a ‘learning organization’
- Begin the development of ‘road map’ for implementation;
- Steward the development and implementation of the organization’s learning experience programs; and
- Support the HR team in continuing to achieve international recognition as a Platinum Best Employer.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate Degree, preferable in business or equivalent, with a specialty in Human Resource Management;
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation; and
- Master’s degree would be an asset.
- A minimum 10 years’ relevant experience and 7 years’ experience in a Director role;
- Previous experience with ‘Workday’ and other data driven HRIS, a definite asset;
- Track records of successful leading learning experience programs;
- Extensive knowledge and skills in HR management principles, theories, and trends; and
- Bilingual English and French.
Competencies and Attributes
- Customer Experience: Nurtures customer, partner and/or co-worker relationships over time by seeking information about real, underlying issues. Builds rapport and trust to develop a basis for future interactions.
- Initiative: Completes analysis and set priorities to meet and exceed highly challenging goals. Focuses on both what is required today, as well as what will be needed in the future.
- Learning & Innovation: Does things that are new, or leading edge, through making a systematic effort to apply what has been learned from diverse sources. Adapts style, mode and tone based on audience reactions and the issues being addressed.
- Agility: Understands the need to anticipate and respond actively to change and is prepared to suspend personal preferences to align with organizational direction. Has a clear sense of what is needed to instill agility in others, recognizing their own capacity.
- Solution Focus: Uses a variety of analytic and conceptual problem solving approaches and perseveres to overcome obstacles. Maintains a focus on resolving problems, even in the face of uncertainty and resistance, based on a realistic assessment of all sides of situation.
- Teamwork & Partnership: Has a genuine belief in teams and partnerships and continually communicates this to team members and partners in ways that generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to their mission.
- Building & Managing Capacity: Uses a systematic and cross-functional approach to integrate several functions, structures or processes in leveraging organizational synergy and creating competitive advantage. Takes into consideration both current and future business requirements to build and manage capacity.
- Effective Communication: Uses alternative or combined communication skills. Clarifies information and concepts in terms that are appropriate. Conscious of the impact of what is being communicated. Can adapt communication and respond to others, searching for win-win solutions in situations that may be charged with dissent.
- Impact & Influence: Uses comprehensive influence strategies and actions tailored to different group. Uses initiatives to develop sponsorship and support for ideas to ensure buy-in and ownership.
- Judgement & Decision Making: Shapes decision making by considering multiple underlying issues. Makes a systematic effort to understand the readily apparent and subtle complexities involved in exercising judgment.
- Leadership: Engages others by developing a common understanding of the future direction, and champions initiatives that align with organization objectives. Effectively communicates a sense of drive and purpose to others.
- Systems Thinking: Champions a systems perspective to achieve organization initiatives. Creates new patterns and thinking that lead ot system-awareness and the ability to self-correct and learn adaptively. Thinks broadly about both internal and external variables and how they might impact performance, capacity and organizational goals.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANDM-186846 Senior Director, Human Resources – Farm Credit Canada - SK - Regina (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.