Senior Analyst, Real Estate Finance | EDGAR
EDGAR is a Vancouver based commercial real estate firm which focuses on investment and development opportunities. Established in 2009, EDGAR has expertise in all asset classes including purpose-built rental, mixed- use, retail, and industrial. With the cumulative expertise and motivation of their team, EDGAR is well positioned to discover and execute on prime development opportunities in Western Canada.
Thriving on their entrepreneurial and creative spirit, EDGAR fosters a culture of dynamic leadership, teamwork and collaboration. Armed with grit and tenacity, each team member is empowered to find innovative solutions to the obstacles inherent in business.
They recognize that in order to achieve the best results, it is necessary to assemble a first rate, diverse team of experts. EDGAR has created an environment that promotes success through collaboration, and from acquisition to completion, their team of experienced professionals is dedicated to achieving the highest standard of quality across all projects.
For further information about EDGAR, please visit their website at https://edgardevelopment.com.
|Reports to:||Vice President, Real Estate Finance|
Based in Vancouver and reporting to the Vice President, Real Estate Finance, the Senior Analyst, Real Estate Finance will play an integral role in executing on EDGAR’s debt strategy. As EDGAR continues to grow and take on projects across all asset classes, the successful candidate will be joining the company at a pivotal time of their growth.
Responsibilities include reviewing and negotiating (as appropriate) term sheets, commitment letters, credit agreements and security documents for various loan types including land, construction, and term debt. The Senior Analyst, Real Estate Finance will create strong relationships throughout the organization and especially with the development and accounting teams, to ensure the successful delivery of major project milestones.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Work with senior management to execute on EDGAR’s debt strategy;
- Perform project underwriting, proformas, scenario analysis, and cash flow projections (including CMHC underwriting);
- Compile and write mortgage investment packages for lenders;
- Review (and negotiate as appropriate) term sheets, commitment letters, credit agreements, and security documents for various loan types including land, construction, and term debt;
- Manage loan funding process, including liaising with lenders, solicitors, and mortgage brokers (if applicable);
- Commission and review project appraisals;
- Coordinate monthly draw requests for construction projects;
- Oversee compliance with loan covenants and satisfy lender reporting;
- Prepare and summarize loan recommendations and analysis for management;
- Prepare presentation materials for the executive team and partner groups;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external real estate industry stakeholders (ie. lenders, legal counsel, appraisers, mortgage brokers, etc.);
- Demonstrate awareness of EDGAR’s market presence, industry trends, and competitors;
- Support the Vice President, Real Estate Finance in any capacity including assisting with acquisitions and development; and
- Handle confidential documents and private information.
- Joining the team at EDGAR provides the opportunity to be a member of an agile, smaller development firm poised for growth; and
- EDGAR fosters a culture based on collaboration, rewarding employees, and ultimately providing a working environment that encourages one’s entrepreneurial spirit.
First Year Deliverables
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of EDGAR and their processes;
- Build trusting, open, and collaborative relationships throughout the organization;
- Demonstrate proficiency in preparing all required financing documents for CMHC insured applications and future acquisitions;
- In collaboration with the Vice President, Real Estate Finance develop the Deposit Protection Insurance (DPI) program for condominiums; and
- Refinance the existing Phase 2 land loan for the Port Moody project with the construction loan by preparing the investor/loan package, liaise with lenders, and manage loan funding process.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Urban Land Economics, or related discipline; and
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation would be considered an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in financing multi-family developments and/or commercial properties;
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, valuation principles and have experience working with takeout debt, construction proformas and underwriting (including CMHC underwriting);
- Experience working for a real estate lender, commercial mortgage broker, or developer in a similar capacity;
- Experience with CMHC is an asset;
- Experience in debt structuring is an asset;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Proactive, self-starter and problem solver requiring minimal supervision;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (in particular, Excel).
Competencies and Attributes:
- Analytical: The ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and recommendations moving forward.
- Collaborative: Works with other team members in formal or informal groups in the pursuit of common mutual goals.
- Communication: Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbal and written, as well as listens well to gain understanding.
- Positive Attitude: Tendency to focus on the positive aspects of difficult circumstances with a yes attitude. Driven to excel professionally and willing to take on new tasks and challenges.
- Attention to Detail: Ensures high quality of all documents and packages drafted by the finance team. A skilled time manager who can effectively multi-task and prioritize without losing sight of the details.
- Proactive: Embodies a personal commitment to the success of the business. Anticipates the needs of the team and takes initiative to start projects. Mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate and seek continuous improvement.
- Team Player: Understands their role and shares in the team’s successes and challenges. Fosters an environment of open dialogue. Willingness to help members of the team when needed.
- Trusted: Honest and credible, building trust through your accomplishments in the decisions you make, your practical understanding of how you completed tasks and projects.
EDGAR is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and EDGAR throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ADHG-014205 Senior Analyst, Real Estate Finance | EDGAR - BC - Vancouver and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.