Search Manager – Optimum Talent Inc.
Optimum Talent Inc. is proud to be the largest Canadian-owned integrated talent management firm. With origins dating back over 40 years, Optimum Talent has grown to over 220 employees operating in 13 offices from coast to coast.
Optimum Talent enables organizations to achieve success through people. We collaborate with leading organizations to recruit, develop, engage, retain, and transition talent. The result for our clients is a stronger employer brand, and a team of leaders and talent with the capability to achieve their business goals. We provide expertise in Executive Search, Leadership, Assessment and Development, and Career Transition.
Our Executive Search History
Our origins began 24 years ago as a firm called Conroy Ross Partners. Based in Western Canada, the firm provided retained executive and professional search to public and private organizations across all industries. Over the years, Conroy Ross Partners grew nationally, and in 2017 it merged with Optimum Talent. Under this new banner we continue to provide a boutique search experience, but now offer the added benefit of in-house leadership coaching and development expertise to support our clients.
Visit www.optimumtalent.com for more information.
Job Title: Search Manager
Reports to: President, Central Region
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Search Manager position will report to the firm’s managing director in the Toronto office and will contribute their research skills, business knowledge and experience towards identifying and attracting talented individuals to fulfill leadership roles within our client organizations. Drawing upon their business acumen and solid interpersonal skills, the Search Manager will manage candidates through each search project cycle.
Once familiar with our search methods and practices, this individual will have progressive opportunities to work directly with the leadership of our client organizations, and take on greater responsibility for project management
- Developing outstanding research skills and a broad working knowledge of the relevant industry space
- Full cycle delivery including front line leadership with client concerns and deliverables
- Planning and executing effective candidate identification strategies for each engagement
- Identifying and attracting top candidates that meet the cultural and role requirements of our client organizations
- Lead interviews and client meetings
- Actively managing and engaging candidates through the progression of each project, in a manner consistent with our values which demand that every candidate be treated with respect and courtesy
- Building relationships with candidates so that you are seen as the go-to for their career decisions and as a search guru
- Assisting with assessment, selection and presentation of candidates
- Support and facilitation of decision making for clients
- Maintaining accurate and up to date internal project documentation
- Preparing client presentation documents
- Communicating effectively within both the project and Search team, to ensure that every project is managed as efficiently and effectively as possible, and each candidate and client receives an outstanding experience
- Networking in industry to broaden your contacts, and build awareness of the Optimum Talent brand and service capabilities
- Developing innovative ways to continually improve and expand search and research methodologies, through technology, external resources, relationships and organization mapping
- Participating, identifying and potentially leading activities that help to position our firm for future growth.
- A strong work ethic with a calm, well-managed approach to business, particularly when working on multiple assignments
- An understanding and interest in the drivers of the Optimum Talent business
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to act as the ‘trusted advisor’ and provide peer leadership
- A high regard and respect for confidentiality;
- Tenacity coupled with an interest in developing your personal brand and network
- A professional demeanor and exemplary interpersonal skills – the ability to build relationships, communicate, connect and influence; and
- A commitment to “team”
- A University degree or College diploma
- The proven ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Minimum five years’ experience in professional services such as accounting, engineering or law, as a professional or in a support function role is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in handling multiple projects and demands effectively in an office environment
- A strong work ethic with a methodical, well-managed approach to business, particularly when working on multiple assignments
- A high regard and respect for confidentiality
- Tenacity coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit focused upon making a positive impact on candidates, clients, colleagues and the community
- A professional demeanor and exemplary interpersonal skills – the ability to build relationships, communicate, connect and influence
- A commitment to “team”
- Join a dynamic organization positioned for significant growth
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial culture that rewards initiative and results
- Be part of a full-cycle talent management organization with access and exposure to our entire suite of talent management programs and professionals, including SuccessFinder a scientific, evidence-based assessment tool
- Join a work environment characterized by integrity and respect
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AHPQ-050282 Search Manager – Optimum Talent Inc. - ON - Toronto (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.