Revenue Director – FC Edmonton
No other business has a culture that combines turbo passion and thrills of competition with your family of fans and sponsors.
In 2011, Tom and Dave Fath looked to sport as a way to give back to the community they call home. With the massive local enrolment numbers in youth and recreational soccer, the Fath brothers felt a pro soccer team in Edmonton would create a developmental pathway for local talent to pursue and provide an elite soccer connection with the world’s most popular game.
Edmonton’s own, Eddies played seven seasons in the North American Soccer League prior to the creation of the Canadian Premier League (CPL). Over that time, FC Edmonton also started a youth male academy in January 2012 as well as a partnership with the Alberta Soccer Association for a youth female academy.
For more information on FC Edmonton, please visit: https://fcedmonton.canpl.ca/.
Job Title: Revenue Director
Reports to: General Manager, FCE
Direct Reports: 6 (Ticketing, Sponsorships & Events)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting to the General Manager, the Revenue Director is responsible for revenue generation and the development and maintenance of customer relationships, leadership and contractor management while achieving all budgeted revenue targets for the organization. The Revenue Director will have oversight of functional teams and activities related to ticketing, sponsorships, advertising, food and beverage and accounts receivable activities.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
Leading Positive Commercial Impact on the Business:
- Create and execute upon initiatives dedicated to driving commercial growth for FC Edmonton;
- Cultivate strategic commercial relationships;
- Effectively leading the negotiation, closure and creation of sales solutions;
- Working closely with the General Manager, team operations, major employers, recreational sports organizations, media and communities to identify and pursue new revenue opportunities;
- Staying abreast of happenings in revenue related areas of the sports and entertainment industry;
- Perform effective recruitment, management and leadership of employees, contractors and volunteers associated with a seasonal business;
- Work effectively with budgets and accounting practices; and
- Monitor safety and security of the business.
Cultivating Strategic Commercial Relationships:
- Respond to concerns and interests of fans and customers with creative business solutions;
- Build a strong family of sponsor partnerships;
- Be the business team leader internally and externally in the community; and
- Collaborate with staff and demonstrate ability to work at all levels.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to increase the number of game day tickets sold by 50%;
- Drive a significant increase in sponsor revenues; and
- Design and develop your own Revenue Team that will produce results under your leadership.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in sports, media and/ or entertainment sales management preferred;
- Experience in corporate sales, negotiations, planning, strategic sales campaigns and special events;
- Proven track record of securing major commercial objectives;
- Having a keen personal interest in the sports and entertainment industry;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and passport with the ability to travel;
- Evidence of professionalism, integrity and attention to detail;
- Passionate about networking and active participation in business development activities with the private sector, corporate, government and community stakeholders
- Goal oriented and self-motivated team player.
Competencies and Attributes
- Recognized and respected by prior employers for:
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Creation and successful execution of detailed fiscal plans due to collaboration with the team, new business initiatives and/or existing business activities;
- Leading a team that acted passionately and self-directed, with excellent organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills;
- Strong collaboration/negotiation skills; Articulate and persuasive;
- Can provide tangible records of being a hands-on team leader who set examples that inspired others to do and be their best to achieve results; and
- Desire and ability to thrive in a workplace culture dedicated to multiculturalism and diversity.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ACBD-035441 Revenue Director – FC Edmonton - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.