Research & Development Manager – Superior Solutions
A subsidiary of GDI Integrated Facility Services, Superior Solutions / GreenLABS is one of Canada’s leading Janitorial and Sanitation providers. Superior Solutions and GreenLABS delivers cleaning products and services to millions of people and thousands of companies across Canada. The company has grown significantly in recent years and continued to invest heavily in developing best-in-class products and technology to accelerate growth in the Jan-San landscape.
Job Title: Research and Development Manager
Reports to: VP Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Direct Reports: 1 Junior Chemist
Indirect Reports: None specifically but a tremendous amount of influence and interaction with all functions internally and external customers
Location: Greater Toronto Area, ON
Superior Sany Solutions and GreenLABS, service, distribute and manufacture multiple Jan-San brands. This position is responsible for formulating a variety of Jan-San, personal care and drug products (DIN/EPA) from concept to finished product, based on customers’ requests. This includes researching new materials, technologies and product forms, laboratory test batching and management of assigned projects. Other key responsibilities include implementing and maintaining the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) and overseeing all regulatory related activities.
- Lead team for all activities pertaining to R&D, QA/QC and Regulatory Affairs for chemical white label manufacturing arm of parent company GDI Integrated Facility Services Inc.
- Manage assigned projects (prepare theoretical formulas, build timelines, order raw materials, provide updates to senior management on lab experiments, speak with suppliers and customers when needed)
- Facilitate compliance of products and processes with government/private regulatory bodies such as Health Canada, EPA, FDA, Transport Canada, Ecologo etc.
- Supervise technological transfer of formulations from the lab to full-scale manufacturing
- Troubleshoot and fix out-of-specification (OOS) production batches when required
- QC testing and release of manufactured bulk lots
- Receive and identify incoming raw materials as per CofA’s and release using ERP software
- Create batch sheets (bulk) and packaging sheets (finished goods) for compounding and production team. Enter the same onto ERP system.
- Create and manage Safety Date Sheets (SDS’) for all GreenLabs chemical products using assigned software
- Collaborate with Project Manager on securing government grants for R&D and other related business ventures
- Supervise and mentor Junior Chemist
- Collaborate with our multifunctional teams (Sales & Marketing, Project Management, Production, Product Development)
- Handle other responsibilities, duties or special projects as requested by senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field is preferred, but an Associate’s Degree with relevant experience in an R&D lab will also be considered
- Minimum of 3-5 years R&D experience within cleaning/janitorial products/surfactants is required
- Knowledge of QMS including GMP and SOPs.
- Regulatory experience is preferred but not required
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Creative individual with a passion for technical learning and curiosity
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Multi-tasker with strong time management skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, team building and organizational skills
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A016187 (AAUJ-331746) Research & Development Manager – Superior Solutions - ON - Toronto and GTA (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.