Regional Vice President Auto Parts – UAP Inc.
UAP, a wholly owned subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (“GPC”), is the Canadian leader in the distribution and merchandising of automotive replacement parts and accessories for cars, trucks, and heavy vehicles. Since 1926, UAP has built a solid reputation for excellent products, high customer satisfaction, and strong consumer loyalty.
UAP operates two divisions, NAPA Auto Parts and Traction Heavy Vehicle Parts. Between the two divisions, they are comprised of 15 distribution centers and 700 stores across Canada. Canada’s 600 NAPA Auto Parts stores offer expert advice and over 400,000 automobile replacement parts, as well as accessories, tools, equipment, products and quality services to a variety of customers, including repair shops, fleet operators, automobile owners, professional mechanics, and do-it-yourselfers.
NAPA is the most recognized auto-parts brand in North America. Their brand is synonymous with trust, professionalism and tradition — a reputation other automotive part suppliers can’t beat.
For further information about UAP, please visit their website at: www.uapinc.com.
Job Title: Regional Vice President Auto Parts
Reports to: Senior Vice-President, NAPA
Direct Reports: 6
Indirect Reports: 800
Location: Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver
The Regional Vice-President (RVP) is accountable for the general management, profitability, and growth of the Western region. More specifically, the RVP is accountable for the profit and sales growth, acquisition and business development opportunities, and establishing strong relationships with customers at all level of the organization. The RVP will work closely with the regional team and the head office, to ensuring sales targets are achieved, KPI’s and goals met, all while continuing to develop long-term business performance and growth of the corporate stores and distribution centers.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
Sales and Business Development
- Align sales plans with regional objectives and priorities
- Monitor overall performance against budget and sales performance indicators
- Responsible for meeting regional sales objectives (sales and gross margin)
- Develop, recommend and oversee growth/acquisition projects for the region, including building a pipeline of prospects for new distribution centers & acquisitions
- Analyze regional sales practices, competitors’ strategies & action plans, and use the findings to update the sales strategy on an ongoing basis
Strategy and Leadership Development
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the region that includes specific goals and performance measures
- Participate in the recruitment, mentorship, motivation and development of the team in order to achieve the region’s objectives
- Empower a team of approximately 800 direct and indirect reports to achieve the region’s strategic plan
- Support the structured development of leadership talent
- Be an active member of the Management Committee and be a participant in various other committees
Operational and Fiscal Leadership
- Oversee sound operational and financial management of the region and ensure alignment with the approved strategies and objectives of the business
- Report on an annual business plan for the region including a financial plan, business development plan, human resources plan, and capital expenditures
- Join the largest national auto parts distributor and play a lead role in further enhancing the market share in Western Canada
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build trust, motivate and empower a capable and high performing team for the region
- Establish a focused, realistic, and forward looking strategy while leading the team to achieve incremental growth
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current market challenges and work with existing and new clients to build trust and credibility
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Business administration or a related field
- Proven experience over the last 10+ years leading a high performing sales team and efficiently managed operation
- Solid financial experience including P&L management
- Leadership in a distribution center or complex operation is an asset
- Experience in the auto parts industry is considered a benefit
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office suite
- Bilingual (French) is considered an asset
Competencies and Attributes
- Customer and results oriented
- Ability to lead, mobilize, motivate and develop a team
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Can work autonomously and provide the appropriate level of autonomy for others
- Ability to influence and get things done with and through others
- Utilizes strategic thinking and decision-making skills to improve performance and processes
- Tolerance for ambiguity
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AAJC-756620 Regional Vice President Auto Parts – UAP Inc. - AB - Calgary and AreaAB - Edmonton and AreaBC - Vancouver and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.