Regional Director – Rx Drug Mart
Our client, Rx Drug Mart, was born from an idea that the business of retail pharmacy was being driven by large corporate entities operating in their own best interests. The team at Rx Drug Mart established a pharmacy retail organization that brought the priority back to the pharmacy, the customer and the community in which it serves.
Their successful formula is to purchase and operate pharmacies under a familiar local pharmacy name that the pharmacist owner established years ago. Located across Canada in major cities, suburban centers and small rural communities, Rx Drug Mart prefers to focus on the community and the personalized service that customers prefer.
For further information about the Rx Drug Mart, please visit their website at http://www.therxdrugmart.com/.
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Direct Reports: 15-20 (to increase as more stores are added)
Indirect Reports: Approximately 225 employees (to increase as more stores are added)
Location: Alberta based (preferably Edmonton or Calgary)
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Operations, the successful candidate will provide coaching and mentoring to store management to help them maximize business growth and performance and to otherwise support the Store Managers in achieving and/or exceeding their financial goals as set out in the common year plan process. The successful candidate will have an advanced level of initiative and judgement to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. The Regional Director will partner with the Director, Pharmacy Operations to ensure alignment of the strategic direction from both the pharmacy and retail side of operations.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Work with store management and pharmacy management to develop and communicate a common year plan, to establish financial targets and to provide a strong strategic direction for each store in the district;
- Liaise closely with store management to provide coaching and guidance, help develop day to day operations, achieve targets and foster an environment of continuous improvement;
- Regularly visits stores to support the implementation and execution of strategic plans, including marketing and merchandising, adherence to operational standards and identifying opportunities to improve performance;
- Analyze sales data, financial data and P&L statements with store management so that they are empowered to meet their common year plan goals by highlighting potential growth areas and monitoring financial success of the store;
- Work with store management and their teams to help them monitor business systems at their stores, in highlighting and recommending opportunities for improvement;
- Help store management to develop and communicate action plans to support them and their store teams to successfully and efficiently implement new initiatives;
- Communicate and share operational best practices with store management teams to help improve customer service, visual merchandising and process improvements;
- Communicate regularly with store management teams to resolve issues or concerns promptly, coordinate between stores and central office departments and provide recommendations as required; and
- Support store management teams to help identify potential new talent and provide guidance and support with the interviewing, hiring and training process for new staff to assist them in their development of a competent staff and effective succession planning.
OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Geographically expansive –travel to numerous stores across Western Canada with aggressive, ongoing expansion;
- Opportunity to build a strong working relationship with the Director, Pharmacy Operations in a highly growth oriented organization;
- Opportunity to work with the Store Managers, Pharmacy Managers and staff to identify and implement best operational practices in each location;
- Opportunity to scale and grow professional experience with an organization experiencing rapid growth; and
- Opportunity to take on increased challenges as part of that growth strategy.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build trusting, collaborative, working relationships with each Store Manager, Pharmacy Manager and staff;
- Successfully managing aggressive growth across a large geographic area; and
- Identify potential and delivery of operational best practices.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business/Merchandising or equivalent.
- Greater than seven years of business/retail or equivalent experience; and
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of inventory management and accounting software.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to apply business concepts and theories in the store to improve business functions;
- Ability to create and set goals and objectives and provide support to functions/units to achieve set goals;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills that are adaptable to a diverse range of personalities and management styles;
- Ability to work collaboratively to mitigate conflict and manage stress and uncertainty;
- Exercise constructive and innovative thinking to provide creative solutions;
- Utilize decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups;
- Strong ability to prioritize work within varying competing expectations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Possesses business acumen with an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement and business growth; and
- Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in a professional manner.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AQOA-065055 Regional Director – Rx Drug Mart - AB Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.