Director, Property Management & Leasing – Vermont Property Group
The Vermont Property Group was formed in 2005 by Greg Baron and David Eyre, to provide real estate investments for private capital through the acquisition, development and management of commercial real estate in Western Canada.
Vermont identifies real estate assets with revenue growth potential and creates value for its investors by implementing active management, leasing and redevelopment strategies. Since its inception in 2005, Vermont has acquired over $280 million worth of property assets in Western Canada. The most recent acquisition was the purchase of a 18,500 square foot retail centre located in Saanich, British Columbia. At present, Vermont’s portfolio comprises over 1,000,000 square feet of industrial, office, and retail space valued in excess of $235 million.
Vermont is actively searching for additional investments in Western Canada. Its integrated network of industry advisors provides a valuable conduit of market intelligence. This enables Vermont to be proactive in sourcing new opportunities.
For more information please visit www.vermontpropertygroup.com.
Job Title: Director, Property Management & Leasing
Reports to: Principal & Vice President, Asset Management
Direct Reports: 3
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Based in Edmonton and reporting to the Principal and Vice President, Asset Management of the Company, the Director, Property Management & Leasing will be responsible for administering and managing commercial tenants for a diverse portfolio of office and industrial properties in Edmonton.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with all clients, property tenants, vendors and contractors;
- Responsibility to ensure compliance with tenant leases, regulatory items and management contracts;
- Responsible for all aspects of tenant coordination including design, build-out specifications and tenant move ins;
- Oversee collection of rent, payment of expenses and compliance with lease terms. Complete regular inspections of the properties and recommend alterations and/or maintenance of the property and oversee work as necessary;
- Oversees service contracts, tracking expirations and preparing bid packages when necessary;
- Responsible for annual budget preparation and tenant reconciliations for review and approval by senior management and ownership;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly ownership reports;
- Approve purchase orders, invoices and rent up schedules;
- Oversee coding of invoices for payment and processing;
- Oversee preparation of accurate lease abstracts of new tenant leases;
- Work with leasing brokers as it relates to market intelligence, showings, marketing, show-suites and common areas to assist in leasing efforts;
- Negotiate new leases, renewals and oversee the preparation of lease documents. Following-up with the tenant regarding the status of the lease renewal/amendment execution; and
- Manage and oversee property management team.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop strong relationships with tenants and become the new benchmark for tenant expectations; and
- Ensure that properties meet or exceed Vermont’s standards financially and physically.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Vermont Property Group and in supporting the success of the firm, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of related experience managing a multiple-property commercial real estate;
- Certificate in Property Management is preferred, RPA or CPM;
- Experience in negotiating and documenting new lease and renewals directly with tenants and/or brokers would be considered an asset;
- A real estate license with the Real Estate Council of Alberta is preferred but not required;
- Strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and
- Detail oriented and skilled in drafting letters and reviewing lease language.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all stakeholders;
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships;
- Strong conflict-resolution skills;
- Committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with the company’s corporate objectives and values;
- Demonstrates sensitivity when dealing with others, ability to exercise confidentiality;
- Strong time management skills including the ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results;
- Detail oriented and accurate;
- Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning;
- Ability to achieve goals using a strategic approach; and
- Proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AEEC-400140 Director, Property Management & Leasing – Vermont Property Group - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.