Project Manager – RMIS Engineering
RMIS Engineering established in 1994, is a privately owned and operated engineering consulting firm offering a full life-cycle of services to industrial, institutional, as well as commercial clients for roof, building envelopes and fall-protection systems, including: design, tender, inspections, repairs, replacement, project management as well as ad-hoc project requests within each service area. More detail on the focus area for their services can be reviewed on their web-site at: https://rmiseng.com/
Building envelope consulting is a relatively young segment in Canada’s professional engineering field and RMIS differentiation includes a team with deep, focused expertise; effective and efficient processes; and a broad base of experience in their core service areas. Demand remains strong for the core services provided by RMIS. Their philosophy is to strive to exceed client expectations and by doing this consistently, to build and nurture long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with their customers.
This promise to their customers cannot be delivered on if the RMIS team is not current on developments in their core business areas. RMIS has built a strong team atmosphere, are supportive of and encourages their team members to continuously develop themselves professionally. Key to their success also includes team members who are flexible and who are able to take on different assignments as demand ebbs and flows across core business lines and service areas.
RMIS Engineering has been described by its clients as a firm with ‘Integrity’, a firm that takes responsibility for its work, that understands what it takes to deliver to industry standards and provide value-for-money.
This Saskatoon, Saskatchewan project manager role will be instrumental to our success, responsible for excellent service delivery to our Saskatoon and area customer base.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Project Management
Direct Reports: Project basis only
Reporting directly to the General Manger, Project Management, the Saskatoon based Project Manger is to instill expert project management disciplines into roofing, building envelope and fall protection projects for our customers. The successful candidate will ensure that RMIS, on a project by project basis, achieves fully complete and approved status; adding significant value by ensuring each project is completed to specification, in a safe, economical and timely manner.
- Management of the safe and effective execution of multifaceted roof, building envelope and fall protection projects.
- Management of the project communication and reporting process to ensure accurate reporting of project performance and related issues.
- Management of the project stakeholders: clients, client’s site personnel, contractor.
- This requires taking the lead to ensure open transparent, timely and effective communication with RMIS Engineering team, RMIS project customer and RMIS project contractors.
- Solving project related issues collectively with the RMIS Engineer, contractor and client.
- Conducting quality assurance observation of new roof system, building envelope and fall protection system installations to ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Tracking and reporting of budget versus actual project costs.
- Management of project change order, change directive, price request and supplementary instruction process in order to ensure proper reporting and approvals for changes in approach, scope of work and / or related cost variances.
- Development of reports detailing findings and recommendations of project related issues.
- Management of project close out process to ensure accurate final account of all project costs and proper filing of documentation.
- Customer follow-up as required to deal with issues and / or confirm success of project.
- This role does require the employee to climb ladders regularly. There is some lifting of ladders from time to time. Successful candidates will require a fit physical condition.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Work with a fair yet demanding manager with high expectations who expects you to ‘bring your best’ everyday, and if you do, will be there to support your success.
- In collaboration with colleagues, ensure high quality project management is part of our customers experience on all RMIS Engineering projects in the Saskatoon area.
- Deepen your experience delivering ‘in demand’ project management services to a customer segment whose demand profile is steady, if not growing.
- Stretch your customer relations, project management, problem-solving, decision-making, and contractor relationship management skills to achieve new, higher levels of performance
- Learn the roofing, building envelope and related technologies specifications and requirements
- Prove yourself as a team member who ‘leads with safety, quality and customer focus’ to successfully complete complex projects on-time and on-budge to level of high quality standards;
- Multi-faceted client engagements to test your project management expertise, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- A committed local and regional team (Regina head office) that support you to be successful
- Hands-on projects and leadership; practical work experiences and learning opportunities available to the life-long learner
- A small tight knit company looking to grow its prairie footprint (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta)
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Well organized, exhibiting effective time management for self and others
- Consistent and focused communication with project related stakeholders
- Focused on project success, is collaborative and works effectively with RMIS Engineering, administrative personnel to ensure all associated tasks are completed in a quality, timely manner
- Executing jobs and key components with out much involvement from General Manager, functioning fairly independently
- Keeps General Manager and CEO when required, well informed about project status – ‘no surprises’
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- University degree and / or Architectural Technologist designation, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 10 years Project Management Experience in the construction field. Roof management, building envelop and fall protection systems experience is ideal.
- A good understanding of processes around construction.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong computer skills, use of tablets on job site to enable reporting.
- Curious, asks great questions to ensure understanding of ‘root cause’.
- Humble, considerate individual.
- An ability to estimate costs (estimated labor and material requirements on projects.)
- Team-player, collaborative with peers and externally with suppliers, partners and customers. Firm, fair, friendly – you understand how best to relate to people in their context.
- Excellent communicator verbal and writing
- Organized, self starter
- Additional certifications such as listed below would be of value:
- Valid drivers license (Required)
- Fall Protection Awareness Training
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT)
- OHS Standard First Aid CPR-C, AED
- CODC Rights and Responsibilities
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AOXS-116688 Project Manager – RMIS Engineering - SK - Saskatoon (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.