Project Manager-ERP Implementation – IRISNDT
As one of the largest independent non-destructive testing (“NDT”) companies in North America, IRISNDT is a world leader in NDT providing services throughout Canada, the USA, the United Kingdom and Australia.
Since 1953, IRISNDT has served the oil & gas, petroleum, petrochemical, power generation and pipeline industries and now employs over 1500 staff worldwide. Over the last 60 years, IRISNDT has expanded their business from basic NDT services to include:
- Inspection Services (NDE and Radiography Services)
- Speciality Services (Advanced NDE Technologies)
- Engineering Services (including materials laboratory services)
- Rope Access Services
- Heat Treating
- IRISNDT Systems (Software & IT Services)
The growth IRISNDT has experienced is due to their experienced management team, strong technical skills and commitment to excellence in customer service. IRISNDT’s commitment to customer service is supported by their:
- Dedication to understanding their customers’ needs;
- Functional quality assurance and safety programs;
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology;
- Commitment to continuous education and employee training;
- Customer training;
- On-staff full time safety auditors; and
- Membership to ISNetworld, PICS Auditing, ComlyWorks and CanQual.
For more information, please visit https://www.irisndt.com/ca/.
|Job Title:||Project Manager – ERP Implementation|
|Reports to:||Chief Financial Officer & ERP Steering Committee|
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and Enterprise System Modernization Steering Committee, the Project Manager ERP Implementation is responsible for the project management of the financial enterprise system modernization.
Founded in Canada, IRISNDT has grown operations internationally; to support their continued growth IRISNDT is seeking a seasoned Project Manager to lead the reimplementation of Sage ERP across their Canadian, American, British and Australian sites to ensure their systems are fully integrated and maximizing their operational effectiveness.
The successful candidate will lead out the project in its entirety, starting with an initial systems audit, to making a recommendation to the Steering Committee, through to implementation and commissioning. As one of the senior internal IT resources, the Project Manager will develop strong, trusting relationships across the organization with the accounting, operations and IT groups to ensure the project’s success with minimal impact to IRISNDT’s operations. The ERP solution will increase financial controls, improve monthly financial reporting and create efficiencies and consistency across the organization.
- Assess current system functionality and prepare a recommendation which reflects an in depth understanding of current and envisaging future needs, for Steering Committee review and approval;
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, clear ERP Implementation strategy that exhibits effective planning and ensures agility;
- Effectively plan, prioritize and manage the project portfolio to achieve organizational goals, regularly communicating project schedule and progress to Steering Committee, CFO, CEO and Board as required;
- Continuously identify, compare and assess technology solutions and their potential impact on IRISNDT’s current environment as well as future business and product needs;
- Lead and direct the successful delivery of the large, multi-phased ‘Implementation Roadmap’ using effective project management methodologies and consisting of:
- Sage 300 updating and modernization;
- Custom software updating and modernization;
- Internal progress documentation and implementation; and
- Integration with corporate system and data integration standards.
- Develop, control and track the project’s operating budget;
- Communicate the IT strategy to the organization’s internal and external stakeholders; and
- Maintain excellent external partner and vendor relationships.
- Build trusting, strong and effective relationships with all internal stakeholders including the IT, accounting and operational groups;
- Provide leadership and support to Business Analysts and ensure they have the resources in place to effectively executive on planning and coordinating;
- Communicate effectively and become the liaison between IRISNDT and all vendors;
- Drive a culture centered around delivering exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders during project implementation;
- Create a motiving work culture of high performance, continuous improvement, empowerment, collaboration and innovation;
- Foster an environment in which the team pursues effective and efficient operations, never accepting the status quo in pursuit of product excellence and customer service delivery; and
- Consistently deliver exceptional results by demonstrating drive, initiative, engagement, collaboration and accountability and instill these characteristics within the project team.
- Communicate and build exceptional relationships with all team members, executives, and clients to foster a collaborative approach to the project;
- Proactively educate all team members on service interruption and project status adapting communication style for diverse audiences as appropriate;
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build strong, trusting and open relationships with Steering Committee, Chief Financial Officer, Project Delivery Teams, Accounting and Operational teams;
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of IRISNDT’ system needs and prepare a recommendation on the solution to the ERP Steering Committee;
- Develop and begin execution of comprehensive ERP implementation strategy; and
- Demonstrate exceptional communication, project and change management skills.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent;
- Certificate or diploma in Project Management; and
- Financial education or background considered an asset.
- Minimum 5+ years’ related service industry experience delivering similar scale projects;
- Track record of success leading the delivery of a large-scale ERP implementation and legacy systems integration across multiple sites;
- Demonstrated experience implementing financial systems;
- Previous experience with Sage 300 and 3rd party add-ons;
- Previous experience with project management tools Azure Dev Op, Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams;
- Experience leading Agile software teams;
- Experience leading IT project delivery to organizations operating internationally considered a definite asset; and
- Specific experience in non-destructive-testing considered an asset.
- Analytical: Approaches issues in a systematic manner, leveraging insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies.
- Change Management: Ability to gain buy in from all stakeholder groups to lead change. Effectively manages and implements policy or procedural change. Ability to lead the team through change with limited impact on service delivery.
- Collaborative Relationship Building: Fosters an environment of collaboration. Builds strong relationships and facilitates trust with all levels of management, employees and outside organizations through honesty, integrity and authenticity. Develops and delivers communications that provide clear understanding of the unique requirements of varying audiences.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with non-technical professionals when delivering complex technical information. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willingness to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement. Proactively communicates project status to all stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking: Makes strong decisions using analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer Focus: Continuously pays attention to customer needs adapting as they evolve. Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions to both internal and external clients.
- Flexible: Pays attention to the circumstance and adjusts accordingly. Demonstrates ability to be nimble and responsive to external factors impacting business success.
- Innovative: Drives the project forward, keeping up to date with trends. Brings a creative approach to solving problems and out of box thinking.
- Leadership: Provides the coaching, support, encouragement and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported. Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences as needed.
- Project Management: Delivers excellence and creates a culture of accountability with respect to project delivery. Proactively analyzes project status, communicates project milestones and mitigates organizational risk. Brings leadership and clear lines of accountability to the project by providing vision, motivation, coaching and removing roadblocks while inspiring the team to do their best work.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals and objectives, and integrates planning efforts across functions.
- Solutions Oriented: Drives to results. Motivated to accomplish tasks to achieve project milestones. Faces challenges as opportunities and inspires same in others.
- Visionary: Ability to set and articulate a vision. Readily gains buy in to vision from team, peers, shareholders and stakeholders.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AOQO-882416 Project Manager-ERP Implementation – IRISNDT - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.