Project Engineer | RMIS Engineering
RMIS Engineering established in 1994, is a privately owned and operated engineering consulting firm offering a full life-cycle of services to industrial, institutional, as well as commercial clients for roof, building envelopes and fall-protection systems, including inspections, repairs, replacement, project management as well as ad-hoc project requests within each service area. More detail on the focus area for their services can be reviewed on their website at: https://rmiseng.com/.
Building envelope consulting is a relatively young segment in Canada’s professional engineering field and RMIS differentiation includes a team with deep, focused expertise; effective and efficient processes; and a broad base of experience in their core service areas. Demand remains strong for the core services provided by RMIS.
Their philosophy is to strive to exceed client expectations and by doing this consistently, to build and nurture long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with their customers. This promise to their customers cannot be delivered if the RMIS team is not current on developments in their core business areas.
RMIS has built a strong team atmosphere, are supportive of and encourages their team members to continuously develop themselves professionally. Key to their success also includes team members who are flexible and who are able to take on different assignments as demand ebbs and flows across core business lines and service areas.
RMIS Engineering has been described by its clients as a firm with ‘Integrity’, a firm that takes responsibility for its work, that understands what it takes to deliver to industry standards and provide value-for-money.
This Regina-based role will be instrumental in building and serving the Saskatchewan customer base.
|Reports to:||Senior Engineer|
|Direct Reports:||Project basis only|
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer, the Project Engineer is to provide Leadership, Technical Direction, and Management for the assessment, design, tendering and project management of assigned projects to satisfy client requirements. This requires the person in this role to have knowledge in the roofing, building envelope and fall protection industries including human resource management experience.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Completes onsite inspections to support the development of condition assessments, capital assessments, and project designs.
- Completes evaluations and analysis on building components as related to roof system, building envelope, and fall protection projects.
- Develops design specifications based upon project requirements.
- Leads the development of associated drawings and specifications with Engineering Technologists.
- Leads the tendering process for assigned projects including participation in onsite tender reviews and the development of any required addenda and/or clarification documents.
- Works with Project Team to resolve any technical issues with the projects as construction is being completed.
- Monitors the quality of a project to ensure it is being completed in accordance with provided specifications and drawings.
- Works closely with clients to establish and finalize design requirements as well as assist in long-term facility planning as it relates to roof systems, building envelope and fall arrest systems.
- Management of the project communication and reporting process to ensure accurate reporting of project performance and related issues.
- Develop, train, and mentor junior team members in their professional development
Opportunities and Challenges
- Be positioned to help the RMIS Engineering team respond to the pending demand due to deferred maintenance across key industry sectors including health care and education
- Grow the scope of this role to include management of new team members, as required
- Stretch your technical engineering, problem-solving, decision-making, and team leadership talent to achieve new, higher levels of performance
- Prove yourself as a team member who ‘leads with quality’ to build a successful business
- Multi-faceted client engagements to test your engineering knowledge, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- A committed local and regional team (Regina head office) that support you to be successful
- Hands-on projects and leadership; practical work experiences and learning opportunities available to the life-long learner
- A small tight-knit company looking to grow its prairie footprint
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Effective, safe and profitable full life-cycle leadership (requirements definition, design, cut-tests, inspections, project management etc.) of RMIS Engineering client projects
- Established themselves as a ‘go-to’ person for RMIS Engineering clients
- Prove to be a humble, committed, competent, assertive engineering professional with strong leadership potential emerging
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Developed construction specification packages and contract drawings sets for the type of projects listed above.
- Experience completing field reviews prior to, during and after construction
- Project Administration Experience
- Project Management Experience
Competencies and Attributes:
- Design and installation knowledge of various types of air barriers, waterproofing and roof assemblies for commercial buildings. Proficient theoretical knowledge of building envelope design.
- Knowledge of building envelope material and assembly test standards and code requirements in Canada and the US.
- Proficient in PC-based computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and AutoCAD.
- Curious, asks great questions to ensure understanding of ‘root cause’.
- Humble, caring individual.
- A project leader who engages the full team ensuring they perform to their full potential; and thrills customers with the quality of their team’s work.
- Team-player, collaborative with peers and externally with suppliers, partners and customers.
Additional certifications such as those listed below would be of value:
- Registered Roof Consultant (RRC)
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO)
- Registered Specification Writer (RSW)
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA)
- Fall Protection Design
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: HRCCCanada.GBS.TorontoES@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ACDA-553848 Project Engineer | RMIS Engineering - SK - Regina (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.