Principal – Stack’d Consulting Inc.
Stack’d Consulting Inc. (“Stack’d”), is a management consulting firm headquartered in Calgary.
Stack’d was officially established in 2015 as a result of the separation of the Alberta consulting practice from Conroy Ross Partners. However, the roots of the firm date back to 2002, and the practice has had a long history of serving North American clients in both the private and public sectors. Their success is a function of uncompromising quality in the team they are building and the services they deliver.
Stack’d exists to make a meaningful difference to their clients by helping them achieve their full potential. They do so by analyzing their client’s key business issues and opportunities and aligning leadership teams on purposeful action. This enables clear, strategic decision-making which defines the organization’s long-term success and sustainability. Stack’d is tenacious about excelling at their craft, so that clients receive undeniable value. When clients are challenged with complex issues or opportunities, Stack’d believes that by combining strengths, they can stack the deck, and “deliver amazing”.
The services that they provide where they “deliver amazing” include:
- Strategy and Business Planning;
- Organizational Governance;
- Business Evaluation and Transformation; and,
- Post-Merger Integration.
The values of Stack’d define who they are, how they behave, and what to expect when you work with Stack’d. The Stack’d teams lives and breathes these values every day:
- Deliver Amazing. They have a passion for excellence and are driven to make an impact on their clients, communities and teammates;
- Be Great, Not Good. As individuals, they are humble but realize that excellence is a habit, and that there are always ways to be better, as complacency is not an option;
- Insatiable Curiosity. They seek to understand, knowing that why is often more important than what;
- Don’t Be Afraid. They are willing to challenge status quo, try something new even if it might result in failure, and to say what they think even if it is controversial;
- One Team. They never give up and know how to win and lose as a team; and,
- Serious Fun. They don’t take themselves too seriously. They work hard, play hard but most importantly, they are a little odd and that is ok!
Knowing all of this, why join Stack’d?
- Work directly with executives and senior leaders in leading organizations in Canada and the United States;
- Establish your own niche within the firm by developing your client network and service expertise;
- Strengthen your expertise as a member of an exceptional team that mentors one another to deliver high quality client outcomes;
- Be part of a collegial and supportive work environment characterized by integrity and respect;
- Work in an entrepreneurial culture that rewards initiative and results; and,
- Have a meaningful impact building and developing a firm that is growing rapidly, and having fun doing it!
For more information please visit their website at www.stackdconsulting.com
Reports to: Partners and Public Sector Lead
Direct Reports: 3
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Principal role is a senior-level management consulting position that reports directly to the Stack’d Partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and growing our Edmonton practice and the firm’s brand in the local market, with particular focus on the Public Sector. This will involve actively networking and fostering key relationships in the Edmonton business community, securing meaningful engagements with new and existing clients, overseeing the delivery of exceptional results for our clients, and developing our local team and practice.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
It is critical that the successful candidate aligns with the values described above. In addition, to be successful at Stack’d, candidates need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Effectively sell consulting services in the Edmonton/surrounding area with a focus on the Public Sector (preferably outside of the utility space) based on an established local reputation and network;
- Demonstrate that their strengths align with the key services offered by Stack’d: strategy and business planning, organizational governance, business evaluation and transformation and post-merger acquisition.
- Develop strong client relationships by behaving with integrity and professionalism, demonstrating strong listening and comprehension skills, and exceling at facilitation and presentation delivery at an executive level;
- Produce and oversee the creation of high quality, insightful and actionable client solutions that exceed expectations, based on effective problem identification, strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and innovative thinking;
- Manage complex projects and lead client teams such that engagements are completed on time, on budget, with exceptional quality, and within a team environment that fosters collaboration, learning, and fun;
- Actively grow the Edmonton practice, fostering team development and culture by providing practice leadership, ongoing feedback and support to Stack’d colleagues, and mentoring and coaching junior resources; and,
- Continuously improve the firm by providing leadership in the development of practice plans, intellectual property, methods, tools and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 10 years relevant professional work experience;
- Experience at a management consulting firm and a Master’s degree is preferred; and,
- A willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, including the ability to work in the United States.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ALIS-350421 Principal – Stack’d Consulting Inc. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.