President – Escape Trailer Industries Ltd
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Escape Trailer Industries (“ETI”) is a leading manufacturer of high quality, lightweight fiberglass holiday trailers. Distributing direct to consumers throughout North America (with a strong presence in the United States) ETI has experienced considerable growth over the past several years. They are recognised in the RV industry for exceptional standards of quality and customer service, high degree of customization available and the lightweight designs of their products, all of which ensures they maintain a strong brand presence and competitive foothold. ETI recently partnered with KV Private Equity and, through this partnership, the business is looking to accelerate its growth while maintaining its culture and commitment to close customer relationships and high standards.
For more information on Escape Trailer Industries Ltd., please visit: http://escapetrailer.com/.
KV Private Equity is based in Edmonton, Alberta and invests in lower mid-market operating businesses based in Western Canada which have established operations and strong growth potential. KV Private Equity prides itself on being an active partner in the businesses we invest in. Our hands-on involvement allows us to leverage the financial expertise and extensive business experience of our professional staff and partners. ETI marks KV Private Equity’s third investment in the recreational vehicle industry, having previously acquired Northern Lite Truck Camper Manufacturing, a leading manufacturer of fibreglass slide-in campers (www.northern-lite.com), and Off Grid Trailers (www.offgridtrailers.ca) a manufacturer of ruggedized tear-drop style trailers.
KV Private Equity is part of the KV Group of Companies which includes, KV Capital Inc. (a private mortgage brokerage, Investment Fund Manager and real estate investment company with over $130 million of assets under management) and KV Mortgage Fund (a mortgage investment corporation). The KV Group of Companies was founded in 2006 and has enjoyed success by leveraging the experience of its professional staff, focusing on long term outcomes and operating under strong corporate governance that includes independent oversight of the managed pool investment vehicles.
For more information on KV Private Equity and KV Capital, please visit: https://kvprivateequity.ca/ and www.kvcapital.ca.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer, KV Private Equity;
Direct Reports: 3 – Controller; Sales Manager; and Manufacturing Operations Manager
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of KV Private Equity (“KVPE”), the President will be a key member of Escape Trailer Industries’ (“ETI”) executive leadership team to develop and execute growth strategies, de-risk the business, drive performance and maintain a focus on brand strength and continuous improvement and quality across all aspects of the organization.
The President will be a hands-on leader, responsible for leading the transition of ETI from a founder-led business model to a process-driven organization focused on continued growth in the demand of the ETI brand while also scaling up production. The President will work internally to identify and implement initiatives related to profitability improvements, growth opportunities and efficiencies. The president must also develop and maintain relationships across all levels of the existing ETI team, the business’ external stakeholders, and the KVPE organization, including Northern Lite Truck Campers and Off Grid Trailers.
The President will be responsible for providing:
- Develop ETI’s strategic plan in alignment with KVPE’s RV platform;
- Developing stretch growth objectives (organic and/or through growth opportunities identified) for ETI;
- Maximizing/optimizing the value of ETI as an investment in conjunction with the executive team, the private equity sponsor and other operating companies within the RV platform;
- Leading the development and execution of the short and long-term corporate plan and sales strategies, including the identification of potential business opportunities and various actionable initiatives to achieve corporate goals; and
- Build up demand of ETI products via deliberate marketing and branding strategies.
- Leading implementation of lean manufacturing and total quality management practices and techniques to achieve increased labour efficiency, reduced cycle/process times, and improved quality;
- Fostering a culture of continuous process improvement to achieve sustainable higher efficiency and productivity;
- Directing and overseeing production within the plant to meet production goals. Monitoring production reports to ensure achievement of safety, financial, quality, and on-time delivery goals; and
- Establishing and maintaining effective production systems; optimizing production, implementing operational efficiencies and economies. Coordinating and monitoring plans for reductions in cost and product lead times for products.
- Lead the transition from a founder-led organization to a process driven organization that can scale up, while maintaining the strong and supportive organizational culture;
- Demonstrating a hands-on, proactive, dedicated and driven attitude and encouraging, supporting and developing the same in others within the ETI team;
- Developing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups and aligning the efforts of these groups to achieve the desired outcomes for ETI; and
- Motivating, coaching and leading teams through times of change and growth.
- Monitoring market activity, analyzing forecasts/industry trends and driving the pursuit of business at all levels of the organization;
- Mitigating key personnel risk, building robust processes and developing adaptive planning into the organizational structure and culture; and
- Overseeing the internal control environment.
- Demonstrate financial acumen by operating within an agreed upon financial budget;
- Work with other operating businesses within the private equity sponsor’s RV platform to drive cost and process efficiencies;
- Working with the private equity sponsor to manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities, including:
- Direct and administer all financial plans;
- Oversee business policies;
- Support of Controller in overseeing accounting practices;
- Review and analyze financial reports including cash flow statement, income statement and balance sheet on a monthly basis;
- Support organizational budgeting process;
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics; and
- Ensure relevant financial data is presented to the private equity sponsor and other stakeholders.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Demonstrated success in leading the transition of the business from founder-led organization to a process-driven organization while maintaining brand strength and organizational culture;
- Mitigate key personnel dependency risk within the operations of the business by building a high performing and resourceful team;
- Successfully integrate the President role/function into the business;
- Provide enhanced analysis, reporting and business information; and
- Demonstrate success in growing the manufacturing output and sales volumes.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline;
- Master’s in Business Administration will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated financial acumen (ability to read and understand a P&L, balance sheet, return on capital invested, etc.);
- 15+ years of executive level experience (leadership experience during times of organic expansion and growth);
- Demonstrated ability to develop and action strategic plans, KPIs, and short and long-term budgeting and forecasting;
- Hands-on-experience overseeing internal controls and risk management; and
- Track record of identifying new opportunities for business growth through the effective use of market intelligence, market trend analysis and analytical aptitude.
Competencies and Attributes
- High degree of emotional intelligence with a “people first” mentality;
- Ability to be a hands-on leader;
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgement and decision making on financial, business, organizational and human resource issues;
- Be sales and growth orientated, with the ability to drive strategies around sales and marketing;
- Persuasive and understands how to engage and lead others through change; and
- RV industry interest and knowledge would be considered an asset.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANWX-503664 President – Escape Trailer Industries Ltd - BC (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.