President – Baramy Investments Ltd.
Baramy Investments Ltd. is a privately-owned commercial real estate investment, development and management company headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. Founded in 1954 by Larry and Leah Superstein, Baramy has been active in the development of commercial real estate throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan since its inception.
Guided by their Founders, Baramy has grown through many diverse economic and real estate cycles by responding to the unique opportunities that shape their industry. Family ownership not only gives Baramy the freedom to take a long-term view of the market but also allows the organization to act quickly and decisively in our negotiations. Today, the Baramy Group of Companies owns and manages over one million four hundred thousand square feet of leased industrial, flex and retail properties along with over 350 acres of commercial and industrial land.
Baramy’s professional management team has considerable experience in all facets of the management, leasing, development, and acquisition of commercial real estate. Their focus is to provide tenants with a wide range of cost-effective options coupled with personalized hands-on property management to satisfy their real estate needs. Responsiveness, attention to tenants ever-changing requirements, along with property enhancement help to ensure tenant satisfaction and high rates of occupancy throughout the entire commercial portfolio.
For further information on Baramy Investments, please visit their website at http://www.baramyinvestments.com
|Reports to:||Board of Directors|
|3; Senior Property Manager, Senior Accountant and Administrative Assistant|
The President reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Baramy Group of Companies by working with the Board, family and employees to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
The President will successfully execute oversight of the portfolio, asset management, property management, leasing, real estate development, and personnel leadership. The successful candidate will direct and coordinate activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency, economy of operations and maximize the value of the portfolio.
Relationship with the Board of Directors
- Maintain a strong and open relationship with the Directors and family members;
- Ensure integration between corporate and family goals;
- In collaboration with the Directors set reporting structure, framework and timing of regular Board meetings; and
- Provide timely, accurate and complete information to the Board to enable it to discharge its duties and obligations.
- Assist in the design, implementation and periodic review of control systems, policies and procedures;
- Ensure accurate timely preparation and presentation of management reports;
- Ensure preparation of an annual operating budget and management plan for Baramy and its related companies;
- Ensure Baramy standard documents are consistent and used in the negotiations and eventual documentation with tenants;
- Assist in the appraisal and financing requirements of Baramy portfolio properties; and
- Comply with all authority limits set by the board from time to time including signing authority for the corporation and its bank accounts including all aspects of leasing, property management and budget expenditures.
- Ensure the properties meet or exceed their budgeted financial goals;
- Oversee all aspects of the management and operations of the portfolio properties;
- Oversee preparation of annual management plans and operating budgets for the individual properties;
- Oversee leasing and marketing activities for all space available in the Baramy portfolio; and
- Establish and oversee the rental collection policy to ensure all tenants comply with the terms of their lease agreements.
- Identify, investigate and analyze project development opportunities;
- Prepare and present a project review of proposed developments for approval by the Board of Directors;
- Direct the development team in the design, planning, and tendering of all approved projects;
- Oversee the project construction, marketing and leasing for Baramy projects; and
- Ensure Baramy projects achieve the established goals of development, leasing, and financial performance.
- Baramy Investments is an established company with a track record of over 66 years of exceptional business performance;
- The successful candidate with be joining a tenured and strong professional management team that has a track record of success;
- Their portfolio and low vacancy rate are top of class for their industry; and
- The family management structure allows the organization to act quickly and decisive in negotiations, resulting in a great reputation with brokers and tenants alike.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization;
- Build exceptional, collaborative relationships across the organization and with the Board of Directors and all family members;
- Deliver a successful business plan, maximizing revenues and reducing expenses; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuously staying on top of market trends throughout the portfolio.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Real Estate Finance or related field.
- A minimum 15 years’ experience in commercial real estate with a focus on asset management, leasing and development;
- Experience working directly with a Board of Directors and providing strategic and managerial leadership in a family-owned company;
- Ability to lead, coach and supervise a small experienced asset management team;
- Experience in financial management and annual budget plans for a portfolio of industrial and retail properties;
- Extensive experience in the oversight of banking, lease negotiations, appraisals and financial reporting; and
- Ability to identify, analyze investment opportunities that achieve approved financial performance goals.
Competencies and Attributes
- Business and Financial Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the organization and takes responsibility to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Commercial Mindset: Understanding the business and paying attention to business problems (complex and less complex) from all angles. Applying knowledge of the business and marketplace to negotiate and structure interactions. Not only understanding key financial and commercial fundamentals, but more importantly how to incorporate a commercial thinking mindset into every major decision made.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Open to receiving constructive feedback and willing to engage in robust healthy discussion to foster the spirit of continuous improvement. Ability to provide and express information in a clear, concise manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Collaborative Leadership: Collaborative leader that provides the coaching, support, encouragement, and direction required to engage and empower employees in the accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Models positive leadership behaviors and maintains professionalism under pressure and uncertainty. Provides timely feedback and guidance to employees, ensuring their development and success is supported. Ability to adapt leadership style to different audiences as needed.
- Detailed: Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently. Handles details meticulously and makes very few mistakes. Demonstrates commitment to accuracy.
- Drives Results: Infuses the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creates a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicates a clear vision, sets priorities, develops and executes plans that achieve the desired outcome for organization’s growth goals. Thrives within a dynamic, growing environment. Effectively prioritizes tasks to meet all deadlines. Ability to manage and allocate resources as needed to meet tasks with competing deadlines.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Demonstrates self-awareness, maturity and integrity in all relationships.
- Strategic Planning: Develops short and long-range plans that are comprehensive,
- Teamwork: Builds commitment to a common vision and shared values. Uses the team dynamics to create an open and constructively critical group that pushes the development of each individual. Will work hands on with the team when needed.
The Baramy Investments is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. Baramy Investments welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and Baramy Investments throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ADJY-386848 President – Baramy Investments Ltd. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.