President | Alberta Motor Transport Association
The Alberta Motor Transport Association is a not-for-profit, advocacy and safety training association that functions as the voice, the standard, and the resource for commercial transportation in Alberta. For more than 80 years, our work has encompassed a broad range of environmental, social, economic, safety and compliance issues that impact provincial highways and the transportation sector.
The person that we select as our new President will work with our AMTA Board of Directors by supporting Board initiatives to shape the direction of the organization. Research and innovation are at the forefront of our current strategy, enabling the AMTA to bring key stakeholders together to lead research and develop new technologies that will significantly enhance the industry while reducing human and environmental impacts.
AMTA Core Values
- Character of our people – relentless professional integrity with a commitment to service, collaboration, fairness, and respect. We celebrate diversity and drive excellence in everything we do.
- Advancing innovation – exploring opportunities for continuous improvement to provide solutions that support and encourage positive advancement of the AMTA and industry.
- Member focused – hearing and responding to our members, respecting the importance of their experience, and continuously striving to create value that exceeds expectations throughout our planning and delivery.
- Passion for industry and safety – bringing our energy and expertise to everything we do in support of an essential industry that makes the world a better place.
To learn more about the Alberta Motor Transport Association, please visit their website at www.https://amta.ca/
|Board of Directors, AMTA||Board of Directors, AMTA|
|Direct Reports:||9: Vice President Industry Relations & Member Solutions; Manager, Marketing & Communications; Supervisor, Quality Assurance; Controller; Manager, Member Services; Manager, Education; Senior Manager, Industry Advancement; Corporate Secretary, Board Secretariat; and Executive Assistant.|
Reporting to and working with the Board of Directors, the President is the Board’s single official link to the operating organization. The President’s performance will be considered synonymous with organizational performance as a total.
The President is responsible for the management of the business of the AMTA and works to achieve the corporate goals and implement the objectives that the Board of Directors approves from time to time. The legal obligation of the President is to act honestly and in good faith with a view to the best interests of the Association and, in doing so, to exercise the care, diligence and skill that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in comparable circumstances.
The President’s scope, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with the Board to determine the strategic direction of the Association.
- Leading and assisting the Board in developing short-term and long-term plans and objectives to achieve the strategies of the AMTA.
- Developing senior management succession and development plans and reporting a minimum of annually on such plans.
- Ensuring that procedures are in place for appropriate communication to all stakeholders regarding the Association’s activities and objectives.
- Acting as an effective ambassador and representative of AMTA and participating in the advocacy process of the Association from time to time.
- Support and participate in the review and revision of the AMTA’s Mission and Purpose.
- Collaborate in creating short-and long-term strategic plans in conjunction with the Board and the organization.
- Foster relationships with Board members by delivering consistent and open levels of communication.
- Create and support a collaborative culture of openness through authentic leadership.
- Stay apprised of government activities and priorities, and write position statements and communication pieces intended for government and the public.
- Provide strategic, financial, and operational leadership for the organization, working closely with the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors.
- Champion AMTA’s public image by serving as the primary spokesperson with media, government, and other external stakeholders, including crisis management.
- Create, improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the AMTA.
- Work closely with the Controller to improve the planning and budgeting process on a continual basis by educating departments and key members of the senior leadership team.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the AMTA, specifically relating to the evaluation of potential projects and partnerships.
- Analyze member insights, industry trends, market analysis, other KPIs and marketing best practices to build successful strategies.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant, offering expert advice on contracts, negotiations, or business deals that the AMTA may enter.
- Mentor and interact with all members of AMTA to foster growth and encourage development among the senior leadership team and all other employees.
- Set team goals to promote individual growth and development, as well as achievement of organizational strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University Business Degree or other relevant education.
- 10+ years of proven executive leadership in a similar role;
- Demonstrated abilities in the successful leadership in organizations of large scale and scope, including demonstrated success in change management;
- Knowledge of the transportation industry is an asset;
- Experience in working with or serving on a Board of directors for a non-profit organization;
- Government relations experience;
- Commitment to diversity and experience working with diverse communities and audiences;
- Proven marketing campaign experience delivering or exceeding results;
- Proven experience successfully inspiring and leading teams;
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and ability to maintain strong network of industry partners and suppliers;
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and ability to maintain strong network of industry partners and suppliers.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strategic Planning – The process of envisioning a desired future and translating this vision into broadly defined goals or objectives and a sequence of steps to achieve them, short and long-term.
- Business Acumen – The ability to maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people related organizational dynamics.
- Communicates Effectively – Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of the AMTA.
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates – Builds strong partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Builds Effective Teams – Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Drives Vision and Purpose – Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
The AMTA is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and is essential to service excellence. The AMTA welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with the provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Gallagher and the AMTA throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: HRCCCanada.GBS.EdmontonPIES@ajg.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AAFP-378550 President | Alberta Motor Transport Association - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.