People & Organization Business Partner – Novartis Canada Pharma
Novartis is reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. As a leading global medicines company, the company uses innovative science and digital technologies to create transformative treatments in areas of great medical need. In their quest to find new medicines, they consistently rank among the world’s top companies investing in research and development.
Novartis Canada Pharma a leader in the healthcare field, is committed to the discovery, development and marketing of innovative products to improve the well-being of all Canadians. In 2018, the company invested $52 million in research and development in Canada. Located in Dorval, Quebec, Novartis Canada Pharma employs approximately 1,000 people in Canada and is an affiliate of Novartis AG, which provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies.
For further information, please consult www.novartis.ca.
In order to support the local team, Novartis Canada Pharma is looking for his or her next People & Organization Business Partner.
Reaching twice many patients, twice as fast, is the ambition of Novartis Canada Pharma to positively influence the life of Canadians for them to live better, longer. Reporting to the Vice-President, Country Head of People & Organization, you will be looking after our associates to help them perform at their best, inspiring diversity in an inclusive work environment, fostering unbossed leadership with a curious mindset able to drive innovation in a safe environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the P&O strategy and priorities to deliver on the areas you work with leveraging the Novartis-wide P&O strategy.
- Partnering with cross functional teams and business units it serves to develop, implement, and evolve the operating model and ways of working to enable People and Culture development and deployment that achieves business KPIs.
- Collaborating with the line to define resourcing needs and develop workforce plan to ensure capabilities needed will be build or bought in order to have them proactively available.
- Partner with P&O in other Divisions (Sandoz, Oncology) to:
- Develop and implement talent management practices to support fluid access to capabilities while developing and retaining our associates.
- Leverage on the broader operating model and capabilities to evolve business practice to transform the business operations to benefit from digital solutions.
You will have to provide strategic and high-quality P&O support to Franchise & Function Heads (Medical, Global Drug Development, Novartis Business Services) to ensure the translation of the business strategy into a cohesive people plan. You will have to anticipate to external market trends and provide world-leading P&O generalist as well as TM and OD expertise to large scale transformation of capabilities and mindset.
- University degree in social sciences, Human resources or other related discipline or relevant business education (e.g. business administration).
- A minimum 8 years of progressively complex human resources generalist experience including a minimum of 2 years of change management experience.
- Proven track record that includes HR generalist, OD, and TM experience.
- Experience working in a complex organization, building relationships and driving engagement.
- Experience in leading transformations at global scale and across a matrix.
- Experience working in product teams, agile or related transformations highly preferred.
- Project leadership with ability to drive results trough influence.
- Agile, action-oriented and results-driven.
- Committed leadership, ability to rally and mobilize people while promoting teamwork and consensus building.
- Facilitation, coaching and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Great team spirit, autonomy, creativity and good capacity for problem solving.
- Very good knowledge of English and French, both oral and written.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A019290 (ACKP-178833) People & Organization Business Partner – Novartis Canada Pharma - QC - Montreal (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.