Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher – AFD Petroleum Ltd.
AFD Petroleum Ltd. (“AFD”) was established in 1989 and are an independent supplier of bulk fuel, lubricants, an on on-site tank storage systems to companies across Western Canada, Texas and Alaska.
They are proud to offer the best equipment, solutions and service in the industry. Over the years they have earned the reputation for understanding and overcoming the many challenges of the industries they server and they intend to keep doing it.
For more information on AFD Petroleum Ltd. please visit www.afdpetroleum.com
Job Title: Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher
Reports to: Area Manager
Location:Grande Prairie, AB
The Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership for the overall administrative operations, which includes overseeing logistics and mechanical repairs, dispatching of drivers and operation administration. This role is to effectively and efficiently manage the development and directions of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue, productivity and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations. The Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher will work closely with all levels of management and employees within the company to ensure safe work practices and policies are being implemented and followed.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
Operations Supervisor Job Duties
- Enhance and develop new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve company performance;
- Meet regularly with department heads/management; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between branches and/or departments;
- Provide customer support by addressing any questions, problems, specific equipment requirements or requests for service;
- Manage and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers;
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company Mission statement, philosophy and ethical standards;
- Conduct Safety Meetings and training with all levels of personnel and follow up to ensure matters are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner. Assist Safety Coordinator implement and execute Emergency Response in conjunction with CEDA;
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary;
- Create, monitor and report on weekly and monthly logistics key performance indicators;
- Measure and monitor key customer service areas;
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management;
- Coordinate building repairs / maintenance;
- Tank Monitor web site updates and maintenance, along with installation and minor repairs to tank monitors;
- Ensure all Drivers and Equipment stay in compliance with the National Safety Code as well as, Alberta, BC, Sask., and Yukon Transportation Departments;
- Creation of practices and procedures; and
- Other duties as required.
Dispatcher Job Duties
- Relay incoming work orders and customer locations to drivers by using telephone, computer, and/or two way radio;
- Stay aware of any traffic congestion, accidents, weather conditions, construction zones, and any other information that may affect the drivers’ route, timeline, or safety;
- While on shift, on call 24/7 for driver re-direction due to unforeseen events;
- Record and maintain files and records of customer service requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information;
- Use of Fuel Pro to start sales orders for invoicing and truck replenishment as they are loaded (changes as required);
- Record dips for all trucks as per assigned date and time;
- Complete accurate inventory and submit for input. Assist in resolving inventory discrepancies;
- Completed accurate load sheet for each load prior to loading that meets TDG regulations;
- Conditioner usage confirmation report – to be completed monthly;
- Keep current load chart for each unit by compartment for full loads of diesel and gas with maximum fill for each compartment;
- Update dispatch guide with stock replenishment, sale order number, unit #, delivery date, driver and date ordered;
- Review all FLHA prior to handing them in for information accuracy;
- Update dispatch board to include current equipment #’s, drivers, badges and job assigned to each day of the week. Days off must also be marked;
- Schedule and approve vacation for all drivers. Drivers must be available during peak season;
- Pre-load or hold loads to be cost effective during price changes if possible;
- Ensure drivers do not exceed hours of service. Book best units for task and/or plan for on road reset;
- Work with Manager and Mechanic’s to schedule maintenance and repairs on AFD equipment;
- Use both monitor web pages to ensure all customer needs are met and report all defective monitors so repairs can be addressed;
- Contact all customers before they run out of fuel, informing them we know of the status and when we will be arriving with the product. Document customer name, who you spoke with, date, time of call, along with a comment stating issue was predictable or unpredictable;
- Mentor and coach drivers to ensure proper procedures and practices are followed by being familiar with AFD Safety Manual. Host driver safety meetings monthly; and
- Enforce company policies regarding paperwork, CPPI, TDG, OH&S and CVSA.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Build a strong relationship with the Branch Manager; and
- Delivers a consistently high level of service.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 4 years previous management experience in a technical environment with proven leadership abilities; and
- A thorough knowledge of logistics.
Competencies and Attributes
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes;
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Understanding of current legislation, regulations and other safe work practice requirements and recommendations;
- Strong sense of urgency with proven record of following through to meet deadlines and commitments;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Excellent time management skills; and
- Able to work under pressure;
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer, and peripherals;
- Overtime and on call is required; and
- On call 24/7 as emergency dispatch.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AGNM-187150 Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher – AFD Petroleum Ltd. - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.