Operations Manager – Rice Resource Technologies
Rice Resource Technologies’ core expertise is reflected through several corporate divisions: Earth Science, Pipe Integrity, and Industrial Products. Each division specifically addresses the product and service needs of their client industries, while maintaining internal communications to ensure effective client relations and service.
The organization’s corporate vision is to be unequalled in everything they do to ensure outstanding results and a superior customer experience. They will provide their customers with value through timely access to a comprehensive range of competitively priced, products and services. This combined with a suite of exclusive, world-class products, their unfailing resolve and unequalled commitment to getting the job done right, ensures the performance customers demand and deserve.
Their vision is achieved with a high regard for their values, long term relationships with customers and vendors, and for the job satisfaction and care of their employees.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Vice President & General Manager
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager, the Operations Manager will lead the organization in the planning, development and execution of operations (manufacturing, procurement, engineering, and logistics) strategies, policies, goals, tactics and objectives in the organization to achieve the company’s goals and objectives. The incumbent will also serve as a liaison between the operations department and other managed departments.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and improve operating plans, tactics, objectives and goals to achieve corporate strategies;
- Act as a leader for operations development initiatives;
- Recruit, motivate and develop an operations team to achieve operations objectives;
- Assess, select and coach and mentor reports to drive greater internal employee growth using HR Processes;
- Demonstrate effective communication with all personnel, suppliers, and customers;
- Utilize EOS Tools to drive accountability across the Operations department and company;
- Communicate departmental and corporate performance;
- Build support and engagement for corporate initiatives and objectives;
- Demonstrate our client’s values and commitment to the organization’s Vision & Mission; and
- Provide information, opinions, input and enthusiasm as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Ensure that all operating activities focus on providing value to the customer and that non-value-added activities are eliminated;
- Direct and remain accountable for an operations plan and budget;
- Responsible for management and coordination of the following operating sub-departments to obtain optimum efficiency, minimized costs and maximized profits:
- Manufacturing, including Scheduling, Machining and Assembly functions;
- Procurement, including Vendor, Inventory, and Pricing Management;
- Logistics, including On-Time Delivery and Inbound/Outbound transportation;
- Evaluate performance of operations supervisory staff for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and for their contributions in attaining objectives;
- Responsible for development and implementation of operations procedures, policies and standards;
- Manage and review activity reports and key performance indicators (measurables) to determine performance and manage outcomes; and
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial and company regulations and policies.
- As OMS (Operational Management System) Representative, remain accountable for the management of systems related to the achievement of standards related to quality;
- Design and implement of business processes that enable the company to achieve its primary objectives; and
- Direct and remain accountable for Operations involvement throughout OMS processes.
- Be accountable for the management of systems related to the achievement of standards related to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS System).
Operations Information Systems (IS):
- Be responsible for strategic inputs to IS tools for Operations, including but not limited to Microsoft GP, PowerApps/MS Flow, Solidworks and MS PowerBI; and
- Support Finance & Administration in improvement of IS tools.
- Be responsible for administration and reporting functions of operations department;
- Support Finance & Administration in development and administration of management reports; and
- Provide input to Senior Management as required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education / Experience:
- Formal education in an Engineering or Technical background (Preferably a P.Eng., C.Tech.)
- Certification in Continuous Improvement or Process Improvement systems (i.e.: Lean (preferred) or Six Sigma) is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years at senior-level leadership in a manufacturing, logistics, distribution, procurement, engineering or related environment, with previous experience in target markets and product lines, along with industry contacts an asset.
- Proven ability to develop and execute both corporate and operations strategies.
- Proven track record of leading change management initiatives & supporting cultural shifts, implementing optimization & preventative maintenance plans; and implementing effective business processes to simplify and maintain consistency while improving customer experience.
- Asset Planning experience that addresses equipment life cycle and optimization, warranty, availability, value and market forecasts.
- Experience managing multiple locations with remote employees, establishing processes that enable consistency, accountability and teamwork.
- Vendor management experience reducing risk and optimizing value regarding pricing, processes and ability to service clients quickly and effectively.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Travel is required (expected to be no more than 3 days per month).
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Approachable, accessible, driven and positive individual that enjoys a challenging work environment and strives on delivering consistent results.
- Effective, people-oriented leader with a reputation for quickly building credibility and successfully attracting, mentoring, motivating and respecting employees. Ability to develop, train and coach employees to quickly acquire new skills and knowledge.
- Strategic thinking skills to take a broad, long-range approach to planning, problem solving and decision making.
- Exceptional management of distribution, manufacturing, logistics, procurement and engineering, and appropriate judgment along with sound decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage operating processes within an auditable Continuous Improvement system (e.g. Lean or ISO).
- Track record of running revenue, pricing, billing models, and making decisions accordingly.
- Exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Honest, trustworthy with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships with customers, suppliers, peers, and employees.
- Writing ability to create concise and meaningful plans that achieve results and obtain executive management approval.
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to assemble all facts before making decisions yet can still make sound decisions in absence of detailed knowledge.
- Understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses and able to initiate and establish a growth strategy and action plans.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete tasks in the shortest and most efficient manner.
- Development of strong working rapport with other managers and executive management.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ANJF-664111 Operations Manager – Rice Resource Technologies - AB - Edmonton and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.