Operations Manager – Process Combustion Systems Inc. (PCSI)
Process Combustion Systems Inc. (PCSI) is an industry-leading Combustion Solutions provider. Specializing in applying cutting edge technology, field service expertise and decades of experience designing and supplying custom industrial fired equipment.
Process Combustion Systems has been active in North America since 1981, with equipment and solutions provided around the globe. Over several decades, they have developed a comprehensive range of combustion systems with technology and reliability at the forefront.
Founded in Regina, Saskatchewan, Process Combustion Systems sought to service local institutional and small industrial clients. As the demand for combustion expertise increased with greater emphasis on improving efficiency, PCSI expanded into large industrial facilities and relocated to Calgary, Alberta in 1999. PCSI is known industry wide for providing turnkey steam boiler installations, dryers, mine air heaters, thermal oxidizers, and process furnaces.
Today, PCSI is an industry leader in Western Canada by continuing to provide its small and large customers with the most reliable and technologically advanced combustion systems.
|Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|Reports to:||President/General Manager|
The Operations Manager will oversee all projects to ensure successful execution, client satisfaction and the achievement of corporate KPI’s and goals. The incumbent will track performance and report metrics to senior management and ensure all PCSI standards are adhered to. Through these operations, they will identify system deficiencies or operational gaps and work with senior management to implement solutions.
The Operations Manager will liaise with all project stakeholders including sales, engineering, fabrication, as well as the technical support and accounting teams to ensure all project needs are met. They will also manage communication with clients to ensure project needs are met during and after the project, ensuring the completion of projects, including follow up and post project assessment/review.
- Oversee the execution of projects to ensure their success to meet corporate KPI’s and goals
- Develop and take ownership of master schedule overseeing all active projects
- Identify areas of improvement, deficiencies or gaps and report these to senior management to address
- Provide effective organizational, functional and people leadership
- Manage project teams and lead project managers
- Assist in handoff from sales to project teams – facilitate project kickoff
- Assign duties as appropriate and provide ongoing coaching, training and mentorship to project teams and leads
- Liaise with the technical support and accounting teams to ensure project timelines are met
- Manage correspondence with clients and vendors to keep on track with projects and ensure PCSI has what it needs to deliver on engagements
- Ensure successful completion of projects and oversee post-project follow up and assessment/review
- Track performance and report metrics to senior management
- Ensure PCSI standards and procedures are adhered to
- Assist in cutting waste in bidding through procedures and feedback to sales team
- Increase profitability by streamlining day-to-day operations
- Join a highly successful and ambitious company that is looking to grow further and is well-positioned for future expansion
- The opportunity to improve day-to-day operations, streamline processes and introduce efficiencies that will support profitability and the achievement of corporate goals and KPIs
- The opportunity to build a high-performance team and improve employee engagement and retention across the business through effective and empowering leadership
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Effectively integrate into the organization, build trusting relationships with direct reports, internal stakeholders across the business, clients and vendors
- Lead by example, empower teams and direct reports and support them by providing ongoing training, coaching and mentorship
- Effectively lead project teams to ensure successful completion of projects and complete post-project reviews to assess project team performance
- Identify areas of improvement, deficiencies or gaps and work with senior management to implement solutions. Streamline operations and cut costs in order to increase profitability and support the achievement of corporate goals and KPIs
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Technical diploma or engineering degree
- One or more of electrical, instrumentation, controls, or mechanical disciplines
- A business degree or PMP Designation would be an asset
- 10+ years of experience in an industrial or resource-based service industry
- Record of successfully managing projects and/or project teams
- Is currently or has been in a managerial/leadership role in a technical company of a similar type or larger
- A track record of managing and building successful/high-performance teams
Competencies and Attributes
- KPI driven with experience developing processes and holding teams accountable
- Technical understanding of combustion and process heating products and services
- Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional project teams
- Understanding of budgets, schedules, and change management
- Strong track record of running profitable businesses, divisions or projects
- Possesses patience, is a good communicator and mentor
- Leads by example and empowers people, output and efficiency driven with the ability to be firm and clear in client relations
- Ability to create and support a culture where employees feel valued
- Believes in and strives for the achievement of company goals and is future-oriented
- Ability to maximize efficiency of employees
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients and suppliers
Process Combustion Systems is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse team benefits and enriches our work and is essential to operational excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to confidentially self-identify at time of application. In accordance with provincial legislation, accommodation will be provided by Optimum Talent and Process Combustion Systems throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:AUTX-361685 Operations Manager – Process Combustion Systems Inc. (PCSI) - AB - Calgary and Area (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.