Senior Vice President, Group Benefits & Retirement Division – Navacord
Navacord is a leading insurance and risk management brokerage created to keep the Canadian entrepreneurial spirit alive. Led by a passionate and engaged partnership group, Navacord Broker Partners are committed to the success of their clients by delivering expert advice in an increasingly complex world which allows them to face the future with confidence.
- Founded in 2014
- Canada’s 4th largest commercial insurance brokerage
- Trading under multiple Broker Partner brands across
- Navacord Broker Partners offer a broad suite of
- capabilities across commercial and personal
- insurance, and employee benefits and retirement consulting
- +900 employees
- 70% commercial lines
- +20,000 commercial clients
- $1Billion in annual premium
We are ‘owners serving owners’ who are passionate about providing attentive service and help our clients manage the complexities of risk and rapidly changing times. Our expert advisors deliver trusted insurance and risk management advice anchored in a deep understanding of our client’s business. Our top experts and trusted advisors are committed to making a difference in the communities they serve.
Job Title: Senior Vice President, Group Benefits & Retirement Division
Reports to:President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Navacord
Navacord, one of the largest brokerage partnerships in Canada, is looking to add a highly motivated leader to its dynamic team of entrepreneurs and consulting professionals. Navacord stands as a multidisciplinary, professional services corporation—offering businesses and individual clients the highest standard of service through industry-leading Personal & Group Insurance, Financial Management and Planning, and Risk Management solutions.
- Work collaboratively with each businesses leadership team and consultants to support and drive organic growth initiatives
- Exhibit a leadership style that fosters a culture of innovation, creativity, accountability and collaboration
- Lead monthly business leadership meetings to continuously share best practices between the businesses and move the business forward
- Consistently inspire, guide and communicate directly with the management team and employees consistently
- Asssist in evolving the current sales culture to a high performing sales culture which includes sales meeting, sales development summits, internal collab-oration, and strong mentorship expectations
- Establish a sound lead generation workflow between the P&C, Speciality and Benefits divisions of Navacord
- Lead, drive and support the business operations through strategy, operating plan, administrative budgets and processes
- Support the business discussions around staffing needs and share best practices re allocation of compensation
- Perform financial measurements and analysis to establish operational matrix resulting in sound operational business decisions.
- Prepare for and attend the quarterly business updates with the Navacord executives on the financial health benefit & retirement operating businesses
- Build excellent relationships with all carriers that support our block of businesses. Keep abreast of market trends and consistently communicate internally
- Involved in and support with ongoing initiatives that continue to evolve our benefit & retirement practice
- Support the Navacord merger and acquisition growth strategy by recommending and/or introducing broker prospects to the Navacord organization; own any pre and post deal due diligence/integration
- Own the Navacord Benefits value proposition. Collaborate with Marketing to tell the story and develop sales & marketing collateral
- Minimum 10 years of experience at leadership/senior management level preferably in a Consulting company/ brokerage setting
- Bachelor degree in Business Management or B.A. Eco-nomics
- In-depth knowledge of Group Benefits and Pension, Financial Management and Strategic Planning solutions
- Strong initiative, leadership and strategic thinking abilities
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills required to affect change and to build effective working relationships
- Solid knowledge and understanding of how products and services impact customer needs and develop processes to improve quality
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: NJohnson@optimumtalent.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:ASNX-552627 Senior Vice President, Group Benefits & Retirement Division – Navacord - ON - Toronto (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.