National Real Estate Lead – Goodfood
Goodfood (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment ecosystem. Goodfood currently has more than 280,000 active subscribers and over 3,500 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
Goodfood operates a fast-growing network of medium-sized and large modern fulfillment centers across Canada. The National Real Estate Lead would be responsible for leasing all new facilities and offices across Canada (including new Goodfood campuses), along with managing existing facilities and relationships with Landlords.
- Lead strategic partnering with developers, investors, government bodies and financiers and other stakeholders along with due diligence, site development, construction, and project management.
- Lead the financial negotiation of business terms and legal negotiation of the lease in addition to negotiating other relevant transaction documents such as letters of intent and non-disturbance agreements.
- Responsible for representing Goodfood as a tenant with the landlord.
- Manage a high-volume deal flow of large, complex existing building leases and build to suit transactions.
- Innovate and execute processes and tools to ensure the complete cycle from site search through deal execution is completed consistently and predictably at a fast pace.
- Create, innovate, and implement a relevant system of metrics to plan, manage, measure and evaluate performance pertaining to the transaction process.
- Effectively communicate expectations, requirements, and status of deals to key business partners – both internal and external.
- Manage an ever-changing variety of internal initiatives and projects.
- Continue to build a culture of speed, flexibility, and frugality with all business partners.
- Closely collaborate with Goodfood operations, legal, finance, treasury, and engineering / design groups to deliver highly successful projects.
- Some travel across Canada
- Responsible for budgeting for all real estate operating and capital costs on ongoing basis, ensuring adherence to meeting key financial targets of the company.
The successful candidate must be comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels as this newly created position will play a key role in developing Goodfood’s national real estate strategy along with executing on the end-to-end real estate from strategy from new site sourcing to lease negotiations and site development and construction management, along with seeking real estate and construction focused financing.
- University degree in business, economics, finance, or real estate, in combination with working towards a real estate designation(s) or member in good standing, such as a CRA or AACI with the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- Preferred Property Management Certificate, RPA, CPM, or eligibility for membership in the Real Estate Institute of Canada and/or Building Owners and Managers Association.
- 5+ years of real estate sourcing and lease negotiation experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexities of the real estate industry with a focus on leasing agreements and real estate procurement in Ontario and Quebec.
- Knowledge of municipal and provincial legislation applicable to real estate and leasing transactions in Ontario and Quebec including various codes, standards, policies and management practices and procedures.
- Successfully perform the full range of leasing and property management functions on an end to end basis for commercial buildings including industrial facilities and office spaces.
- Lead and liaise with internal and external teams of brokers, legal counsel, lenders, investors, design firms, construction management firms, landlords, developers, and advisors.
- Preferred knowledge of ESA, Surveys, Engineering drawings, heritage (land and building), archeology, financial analysis, project management operations, construction maintenance, BOMA, property accounting.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity and autonomy.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of market trends, market rents, market conditions, accounting reporting and understanding principles of market value with all factors that will assist the team in providing and developing real estate and leasing strategy for the business.
- Possess excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
. Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job and confirm receipt of your application:A019503 (AGSO-067423) National Real Estate Lead – Goodfood - ON - Toronto and GTAQC - Montreal (OTIAPPLY) Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria, established by our client, will be contacted further.
Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at optimumtalent.com
as our opportunities are updated on a regular basis.